Vial of Blood or Bottle of Stars?

I know that statistically, Bottle is better, but I've been following icy-veins BM BiS list and for 489s, the Vial is best.

Can someone clarify?

Deleted
    bottle

10char

edit:
    sorry, I thought you were just looking for an answer at first.

Quote Originally Posted by Larrabee View Post
    bottle

10char

edit:
    sorry, I thought you were just looking for an answer at first.
    Yeah just figured it out right after making this thread.

ty

Bottled of Infinite Stars is better. Unless they double up the dodge proc. Cause it's a case of 2ndary stat vs Primary Stat. Clearly underbudgeted. Heck even Bottled of Infinite Stars are better than Terror of the Mist.

I think the issue is that Icy-Veins is a general, catch-all website for all classes/specs, and because the Monk is a brand new class they may not have ready access to experts on the various specs. As such they can only use their best guesses and what 'seems' like it'll be best, when in actuality that's not the case. I know that's been the issue with some other websites, at least.

But yeah, Bottle is without a doubt better than Vial. You get exactly the same agility as dodge rating, but agility provides much more than dodge (AP for stronger Guards, crit for more EB, armor, etc.), so it's unquestionably better.

The 2 main trinkets you're going to want are Bottle of the Infinite Stars and Terror in the Mists. If you get other trinkets, you can still use them for various fights depending on what kind of gear you're going to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    I think the issue is that Icy-Veins is a general, catch-all website for all classes/specs, and because the Monk is a brand new class they may not have ready access to experts on the various specs. As such they can only use their best guesses and what 'seems' like it'll be best, when in actuality that's not the case. I know that's been the issue with some other websites, at least.

But yeah, Bottle is without a doubt better than Vial. You get exactly the same agility as dodge rating, but agility provides much more than dodge (AP for stronger Guards, crit for more EB, armor, etc.), so it's unquestionably better.
    You are correct about everything except what I marked with bold. Agility does not grant bonus armor anymore. Nitpicking, but I had to do it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    The 2 main trinkets you're going to want are Bottle of the Infinite Stars and Terror in the Mists. If you get other trinkets, you can still use them for various fights depending on what kind of gear you're going to use.
    Xuen card can be pretty well argued as better than Bottle. Static agil is better than static mastery for most of us.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Terror in the Mist is no where close to being BiS sorry to burst your bubble. It is DMC: Xuen Upgraded + Bottled Heroic Upgraded. Terror in the Mist has too much of a down time. 85 seconds down time. Heck I'd even take Upgraded DMC: Niuzao over Terror in the Mist to increase my CD options.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SnorlaxJeng View Post
    Terror in the Mist is no where close to being BiS sorry to burst your bubble. It is DMC: Xuen Upgraded + Bottled Heroic Upgraded. Terror in the Mist has too much of a down time. 85 seconds down time. Heck I'd even take Upgraded DMC: Niuzao over Terror in the Mist to increase my CD options.
    Terror has a 105 second icd, not 85. Bottle is pretty terrible actually. Bottle's value is all in the proc, which BrM can't get as much use out of b/c of the short time frame. Xuen and Terror could be argued as to be BiS. This discussion was already fully explored in the BrM sticky at the top of this page starting on page 77.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampere View Post
    You are correct about everything except what I marked with bold. Agility does not grant bonus armor anymore. Nitpicking, but I had to do it!
    Oh. Well.

This is the problem when I don't bother reading up about new mechanics and instead just figure things out for myself. I tend to make silly mistakes a lot of the time. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Chuupag View Post
    Terror has a 105 second icd, not 85. Bottle is pretty terrible actually. Bottle's value is all in the proc, which BrM can't get as much use out of b/c of the short time frame. Xuen and Terror could be argued as to be BiS. This discussion was already fully explored in the BrM sticky at the top of this page starting on page 77.
    The only bad part of the Bottle is the fact that is not an on use trinket. If you time your EB, Guard, and trinket procs, you won't have an issue and will always have some form of mitigation up. For instance, when I am not glyphed guard, I will wait to use Guard when the trinket procs is on CD, and wait for EB when Guard falls off.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    The only bad part of the Bottle is the fact that is not an on use trinket. If you time your EB, Guard, and trinket procs, you won't have an issue and will always have some form of mitigation up. For instance, when I am not glyphed guard, I will wait to use Guard when the trinket procs is on CD, and wait for EB when Guard falls off.
    The proc of 3236 agility on regular unupgraded bottle gives you 4.12% crit and and 2.31% dodge for 20 seconds. Over that 20 second span the estimated value of an additional crit is .37 and the estimated value of an additional dodge is .3. This means every time it procs you should get .37 extra white attack crits and .3 extra attacks dodged. While this is not negligilble...the static agility from Terror and Bottle make up for it with their continuous contributions.
    Last edited by Chuupag; 2012-12-21 at 12:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Always been a fan of static vs proc/use items. Rather base everything around a guarantee unless there is a really awesome /use ability that lines up with a fight mechanic(How I loved you Mirror of Broken Images).

We get so little time-span specific benefit out of use/proc's that they are worthless in generating mitigation when you need it and just serve as a boost to over-all fight performance.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.