Poll: Agree?

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I'm horrible at PvP ;p doesn't stop me from flying crane kick'ing in and try to own them! Doesn't work that easily tho. Everyone has an insane ammount of self regen these days, its not even remotely fun to pvp these days.

world pvp another word for i fear a real pvp fight and want to gank people who have 0 chance to fight me back cause i suck and have 0 self esteem in rl/

Quote Originally Posted by WarBringerPT View Post
    Oh look, you can't read posts. Let me write it again. I dont do pvp, nor Wpvp. Sometimes i get ganked, sometimes i manage to get away or kill the ganker. Thats life. Don't like it? Pve server is that way ----->

Also, you don't get honor for killing low levels. given that the OP stated that the ganker was gaining honor, I can only assume its equal lvl ganking. Not low lvl.
    But even if it was low lvl ganking, get help, relog to your main, run, it's a fucking pvp server for crying out loud, you CHOSE to play on a PVP server, and don't want to get ganked, or want to get penalties for those that want to do it? Christ, community these days... want everything.
    Why do you assume someone at low level has a main that's max level, and maxed gear? Assuming makes a ass out of u and me.
    Where is this perfect world where everyone will always swarm to help me? I've only gotten a STFU in general, and guildies who are busy.
    It doesn't matter about honor, some people just kill low levels to be a dick, and corpse camp too. A lot of the time it is because they can never take the person on in a fair fight.
    I'd honestly like something that atleast prevents annoying low level ganking, and maybe 3 vs 1.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your name is red, you are a target. Any free honor is welcome. Don't like it, go pve servers. No ganks in that servers.
    Agreed if your name is red in my eyes; You are going to die painfully and I'm also going to be childish from time to time and probably do bad stuff to your corpse while you click my name and be like

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Agree, im on a PvE server and i still have problems with ganking, especially since CRZ came out, Whenever i accidently get too close to an enemy village not only do i get 1 shotted by the level 90 guards i then get killed by the high level gankers :|

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggoman View Post
    First off, that is pretty darn significant percentage increase for many of the people that gank.

I can tell you off the bat who people like this are. I know one that comes onto our vent and no one likes him. He works at a retail store part time and lives at home with his parents. He is beyond retarded and sucks at games, he is your atypical melee that stands in front of the boss with the tank. Yes, he also is a BG yeller, the guy yelling out commands in BG's and complaining about alliance. He rolls on RP PVP servers to specifically gank people and oozes his love for PvP on vent. To him PvP is ganking people thats it and you know what, all the MMOs sans GW2&Warhammer give him the ammunition to do what he does. Gank.

World PvP is ganking, the only way to get rid of it is either install a system like Warhammer where you turned into a chicken if you attacked someone lower level. Or you can go GW2 and have entire zones that are PvP only and install objectives like treasure chests or keeps to fight over.

Nothing has been done to make World PvP fun in WoW for 8 years or whatever time its been out. The devs have probably already given up on it so I would suggest rolling on a PvE server if you aren't into ganking or being ganked.
    You have my sincere sympathies for your acquaintance. He... doesn't sound like my type of person.

But on your last comment I must simply disagree. Implementing a good world PvP system is actually extremely simple, and wouldn't take much time at all. I'm just going to throw something out on the top of my head here, but for instance there could be a change to the PvP system in the following way:

• All sorts of Honor Points and other current PvP currency / rewards are strictly for battlegrounds and arenas henceforth. This is to make way for the new system and not complicate things or remove old systems that people like for BGs and Arenas.

• For world PvP, there is a new system which emphasises the struggle between the two factions with a hint of immersion included, and also provides unique rewards, benefits and drawbacks depending on which faction you belong to. These could include:

- Alliance gets a bonus to defence, Horde to attack (minor ones of course).
    - Alliance works towards certain server-wide rewards, Horde towards theirs.
    - The winning faction of each day / week / month gets bonuses, thus making sure everyone wants to get involved.
    - Unique faction-specific quests and story-points may open up through world PvP, such as the return of important lore characters.
    - Distinct rewards in the form of cool looking Horde or Alliance armour which you may transmogrify unto your other armour. Look like a true hero of your faction for once.

• To claim all rewards and so on, you should also have a good Honourable standing within your faction.

- Honourable behaviour rewards you with more Honour, obviously, and dishonourable behaviour pushes the slider back towards the bottom and beyond.
    - With a good honourable standing within your faction, you may be treated like a true war-hero, recieve additional benefits and so on.
    - Dishonourable standing removes such perks and may even cause NPCs to loathe you and ignore you.
    - Reaching the peak of honour may lead to your invitation to interact with legendary characters of your faction, or have a statue erected of you, and so on.

I'll stop here before the list grows too big, but this is just to show that so much could be done to world PvP to make it exciting, fair, fun, and challenging. Telling me to 'go PvE server' shows a lack of understanding and definitely a lack of comprehension of basic game design.
    Last edited by mmocf747bdc2eb; 2012-10-03 at 12:51 AM.

Deleted
    It's actually quite amusing, and part of the circle of life. I was ganked. I gank. The people I gank will gank. I don't spend hours doing it, I don't do it all the time. But it can be amusing.

inb4 "No lifer, you suck at pvp" etc. Grow up, get over it, move on.

Quote Originally Posted by ZehGeek View Post
    Why do you assume someone at low level has a main that's max level, and maxed gear? Assuming makes a ass out of u and me.
    Where is this perfect world where everyone will always swarm to help me? I've only gotten a STFU in general, and guildies who are busy.
    It doesn't matter about honor, some people just kill low levels to be a dick, and corpse camp too. A lot of the time it is because they can never take the person on in a fair fight.
    I'd honestly like something that atleast prevents annoying low level ganking, and maybe 3 vs 1.
    Sucks to be you then. Do other things, go to other places, try to kill the ganked.
    Mind you, I'm talking about equal level ganking, which ppl quoting me are ignoring on purpose.
    I don't care what you guys are all saying tbh. Don't like to be ganked, move on. Go to a pve server. Don't leave your house. If you can't defend yourself, can't get help, go do other stuff, log back in 5 minutes to see if the ganker is gone...

Ppl quoting me almost sound like the mindless ppl that are ganked and can only cry, not defend themselves.

And I truly like how I'm considered a ganker, only because I think ganks are something that one must be aware when playing on a pvp server.
    Let's be honest here, if you pull 5+ mobs on a pvp server, ignoring your surroundings, yeah, you were asking for it.
    TLR, the game is fine, don't like being ganked either get better, get smarter, get friends, ignore the ganker, or simply move on. If you can't, PVE server is that way ---->

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    This might be me begging to be flamed. But I am sick and tired of pointless low HP ganking.

I love the concept of world PvP.
    I don't mind being owned, humiliated, and spat on.

But I do mind it when whenever world PvP is on the radar, it is in the form of people ganking others that are on >30% health and fighting two or three mobs. For what? Half an Honor Point and an additional 0.1 mm to their male organs?
    You can almost picture the douche not even bothering with half a smirk, because he didn't even care about the kill. It's almost like a forced behaviour of a sociopath, not doing it for his own gains or even his own amusement, but because he can make another person suffer.

I think there ought to be a system which promotes and rewards kills that really are honourable - say, you fight alone, or you begin the fight when your enemy has at least 70% of his HP. Hell, you should be rewarded for fighting when YOU are on low HP, not the other way around. That would be kicking ass, not killing people on 10%.

This meaningless ganking, however, has got to stop. Don't tell me that's what PvE servers are for, because this is not a matter of avoiding PvP. This is a matter of implementing good design to actually make PvP enjoyable and a bit demanding - thus also more rewarding.
    i wish there was a game that had a place where everyone would be max lvl and do world pvp...

You're not hearing me. I do like action out in the world. I just want it to be well designed.

What would you prefer:

• Awesome skirmishes between two or more players out in the open world, where they all have something worth fighting for (lucrative rewards) and are on mutual grounds. You both gain something for participating in honorable combat, but the winner takes the bigger prizes obviously.
    How in the world do you make world pvp fair on mutual grounds? Is that going to be like my server where one unflagged player runs into another, they both buff up, and then hit duel at the same time? Or you mean like the STV arena where people enter it when they're ready just like what happens on my server?

Once again, world PvP is inherently unbalanced where the initiator has an advantage.

If you want "fair" pvp on "mutual grounds" you need to come to a PvE server like mine.

Deleted
    Sucks to be you then. Do other things, go to other places, try to kill the ganked.
    Mind you, I'm talking about equal level ganking, which ppl quoting me are ignoring on purpose.
    I don't care what you guys are all saying tbh. Don't like to be ganked, move on. Go to a pve server. Don't leave your house. If you can't defend yourself, can't get help, go do other stuff, log back in 5 minutes to see if the ganker is gone...

Ppl quoting me almost sound like the mindless ppl that are ganked and can only cry, not defend themselves.

And I truly like how I'm considered a ganker, only because I think ganks are something that one must be aware when playing on a pvp server.
    Let's be honest here, if you pull 5+ mobs on a pvp server, ignoring your surroundings, yeah, you were asking for it.
    TLR, the game is fine, don't like being ganked either get better, get smarter, get friends, ignore the ganker, or simply move on. If you can't, PVE server is that way ---->
    Let me put it this way, then. Ganking breaks immersion, and goes against logic within the context of World of Warcraft. A hero of the Alliance or the Horde would never, ever put a sword in someone who's unaware, injured, and already fighting something else. Therefore, RPG-lover or not, ganking shouldn't be allowed without certain rules and conditions to make sure the experience of a zone as designed by Blizzard isn't taken away.

When I go tilling the soil in the ultra-peaceful Valley of Four Winds, it simply doesn't make sense that some rogue veteran hero of the Outland, Northrend, and Cataclysm conflicts would just pop up behind my back and shove a dagger between my ribs before he trots off without a single thought of what just happened.

However, with a well-functioning system behind it to promote fighting but discourage the aforementioned behaviour, everyone would be happy and things would make sense in the world again.

---------- Post added 2012-10-03 at 02:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    How in the world do you make world pvp fair on mutual grounds? Is that going to be like my server where one unflagged player runs into another, they both buff up, and then hit duel at the same time? Or you mean like the STV arena where people enter it when they're ready just like what happens on my server?

Once again, world PvP is inherently unbalanced where the initiator has an advantage.

If you want "fair" pvp on "mutual grounds" you need to come to a PvE server like mine.
    'Fair' as in, each participant is aware of what is going on, has the chance to defend himself, and may survive or defeat his attacker. Fair as in the conflict can be fought from both sides and be won or lost depending on skill, not ridiculous circumstances like somebody trotting by, firing one spell, and popping off again without cause or effect. Don't you see how redundant, annoying, and unfulfilling this is? It isn't world PvP, it's just crude behaviour abusing a broken system.
    Last edited by mmocf747bdc2eb; 2012-10-03 at 01:16 AM.

The thing is I shouldn't have to move to a PvE server, because I love world PvP. I said that very clearly in my OP.

I want to play on a PvP server and expose myself to the risks and benefits it brings. But I want it to be designed well, thus making sure the PvP occurring there is actually fun and worthwhile. Telling me to go play on a PvE server is extremely ignorant.

Don't you want improvements to be made to PvP as well? You may be one of the people who enjoy the ganking I'm talking of, but even then surely you must like improvements to the gameplay being done.

I am simply talking about rewards and punishments to make true world PvP more attractive, and pointless ganking less attractive. This is Blizzard's job to achieve, and I feel it is my right as a consumer to demand they at least think about it.

As it stands right now, I feel like they have just taken a lazy way out and let an obvious problem remain in the game for years and years simply because they aren't clever enough to solve it, or don't want to put resources into it.
    so you want world pvp to become this unnatural controlled piece of crap.

When I go tilling the soil in the ultra-peaceful Valley of Four Winds, it simply doesn't make sense that some rogue veteran hero of the Outland, Northrend, and Cataclysm conflicts would just pop up behind my back and shove a dagger between my ribs before he trots off without a single thought of what just happened.
    wouldn't he though? maybe he's twisted. like i give a shit about roleplaying though

'Fair' as in, each participant is aware of what is going on, has the chance to defend himself, and may survive or defeat his attacker. Fair as in the conflict can be fought from both sides and be won or lost depending on skill, not ridiculous circumstances like somebody trotting by, firing one spell, and popping off again without cause or effect. Don't you see how redundant, annoying, and unfulfilling this is? It isn't world PvP, it's just crude behaviour abusing a broken system.
    from what I found the people that gank are shit players to begin with. if you can't kill someone with a pve mob on you then I dunno what to say
    this game sucks

Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    It's actually quite amusing, and part of the circle of life. I was ganked. I gank. The people I gank will gank. I don't spend hours doing it, I don't do it all the time. But it can be amusing.

inb4 "No lifer, you suck at pvp" etc. Grow up, get over it, move on.
    Im so sick and tired of this attitude from the player base in WoW. Brainless mindwashed cries of "deal with it" "grow up" "you suck too much to PvP, reroll ugh" etc dont help when your discussing undesirable aspects of the game that can be easily and quickly remedied and fixed

Its hostile attitudes like this that turn new players away from the game, my girlfriend for instance played for 3 months or so with me, and quit after the shitty experience she had with angry veteran/experienced players in her instance groups "why the fuck is the druid wearing cloth, fucking noob /kick" or asshat 85's ganking and camping her, she now cant stand this game based on her experiences with the shit community that World of Warcraft is and has become. simply asking for help in the game, in general or otherwise will more often than not warrent a variety of hostile responses from "wicked awesome vanilla players" like yourself.

Whilst GW2 has its flaws, and i understand that it isnt an open PvP world like WoW is...she loves that game simply because she doesnt have to deal with immature hostile bullshit from players that hinders her game play experience. and i agree, GW2 for the most part has a great and helpful community, time will tell if it stays that way since its new, but i can understand that its attractive to players like her for that reason.

Im used to the bullshit, been playing since 2006, and im fine with the hostility and ganking to a degree, its a part and parcel of this game i enjoy. what im saying is that if there were facilities in place that either discourage mindless abuse or killing, or level the playing field for another player to ENJOY aspects of PvP then it would be a good thing yes?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rektlol View Post
    Never said that. I want it to be a living and breathing thing where people who bump into each other out in the world wants to pick up their swords and go at it. This can easily be achieved with a system behind it. Mind you, the system isn't there to put them in a controlled environment and close them off from the chaotic world. It's there to encourage honourable fighting, and to encourage fighting as a whole.

I never seem to get this message through, but what might I ask, about the current situation of world PvP is so attractive, awesome, or challenging? Every nay-sayer is here defending PvP, yet I don't see precisely what about current world PvP it is they like so much. We all want to PvP on a PvP server, so why not make PvP better?

I seriously do not understand this complaint. It sounds like the OP wants to world PvP, but only sometimes. That sounds an awful lot like the flag/unflag option on pve servers. If you cannot handle the risk of being ganked at anytime on a PvP server, maybe you're simply on the wrong server.

Quote Originally Posted by rektlol View Post
    You are assuming that PVP is natural to begin with?

Of course, you argue that it's base animal instincts to attack your neighbors for territorial dominance... but to that I say... um, why would you want to encourage that? o_O

I never seem to get this message through, but what might I ask, about the current situation of world PvP is so attractive, awesome, or challenging? Every nay-sayer is here defending PvP, yet I don't see precisely what about current world PvP it is they like so much. We all want to PvP on a PvP server, so why not make PvP better?
    The attractive part of world PvP is that there are no regulations on them. It's 2+ people going at it in fair and unfair environments. Regulated, "fair" pvp is what bg's are for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ltsmash View Post
    Yea, some people are just afraid of a fair fight, other people, are afraid to lose. which one are you?
    This is what people who get owned always say. How about you step into their shoes. Maybe they're mad at the Alliance(for example) for stealing nodes all day or ganking your friends, so you see an Alliance player with low hp having a hard time on some mobs, you take your chance to exact revenge on the opposite faction. Many many reasons for ganking. It doesn't even matter, 1 honor point or... 0? I don't really know what Dishonorable Kills did anyway.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fexus View Post
    I seriously do not understand this complaint. It sounds like the OP wants to world PvP, but only sometimes. That sounds an awful lot like the flag/unflag option on pve servers. If you cannot handle the risk of being ganked at anytime on a PvP server, maybe you're simply on the wrong server.
    That's it, I'm off to bed. Sick and tired of people who don't read my argument or don't seem to have the capacity to understand my words.

Nothing that I've said in this thread has indicated in any way that I want to make PvP controlled, soft, easy, lame, or tame for that matter.

Every single word has been that challenging and honourable behaviour should be promoted, and shitty or lame behaviour discouraged. We can have awesome conflict and constant fighting without the lame ass 1-shot ganking of people who are near death already. It isn't PvP, it's ganking. Two very different things. Learn the difference, then come back to argue.

Good night.

So basically you want to play on a PvE server where when and where you engage in PvP is completely controlled by you.

The more you post, the more obvious it is you don't belong on a PvP server.

But instead of moving off your server, you want Blizzard to basically make PvP servers into PvE server for your benefit.

---------- Post added 2012-10-02 at 06:21 PM ----------

Nothing that I've said in this thread has indicated in any way that I want to make PvP controlled, soft, easy, lame, or tame for that matter.
    You keep talking about how you want fair fights where both combatants are prepared.

Once again, that is the exact opposite of world pvp on a pvp server where the initiator always has the advantage.