1. #1

    Pay 75K to finish a Tigers Deck?

    What do you guys think? I have 4 out of 8 cards in a Tigers Deck. The four cards that I need on the AH (both sides) but the total price to buy them out would be roughly 75k. I can possibly try and trade with the various owners but I dont want them to be snatched up in the process. Do you think there will be enough room to make a profit if I buy them now or should I wait cause I do have 4 scribes pumping out cards daily and theres a still a week left before the Faire starts.

  2. #2
    Are you for Cereal?
    You have 4 scribes.....your still gonna pump out 20 something cards before next week, over 40 before the end of the faire.
    Don't waste your gold, patience grasshopper. I understand the need to complete the decks but I couldn't even rationally justify paying 10k for a card when I'm either going to get them all or get enough to trade with.
    Maybe a day or two before faire or during if you only have 1-2 cards left to complete a deck consider it.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by horigoblin View Post
    Are you for Cereal?
    You have 4 scribes.....your still gonna pump out 20 something cards before next week, over 40 before the end of the faire.
    Don't waste your gold, patience grasshopper. I understand the need to complete the decks but I couldn't even rationally justify paying 10k for a card when I'm either going to get them all or get enough to trade with.
    Maybe a day or two before faire or during if you only have 1-2 cards left to complete a deck consider it.
    I'm going to have to agree with this. In the market I'm in I'd have a hard time selling any of the trinkets for 75k, let alone that being only part of the price. There are no guarantees with random cards, but you should have at least a fair shot at getting a deck completed, or trading/buying cards in the last 2 days. Remember that we won't be able to trade our inks till a day or 3 before the Faire ends, so most of us ( or me at least ) will be sitting on most of our Scrolls of Wisdom till that day I can trade my inks and then make all my cards at once and see where I stand.
    Your Soul Shall Suffer! ||| Forum rules ||| New England Patriots

  4. #4
    Hehh, no,. prices are hugely inflated at the start because everyone wants to be the "first" to get something,. doesn't mean its actually worth it though.

    Author of: Goggle Cat Comics.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    Hehh, no,. prices are hugely inflated at the start because everyone wants to be the "first" to get something,. doesn't mean its actually worth it though.
    Exactly. The difference between being able to put a trinket up on the AH the first day of the Faire before anyone else and the 4th day when everyone has traded in their inks and make decks is huge.

  6. #6
    I wouldnt bother. The trinkets this time round arent that good.50k I might try it, but with 4 scribes id be thinking about all the money by next DMF. I havent seen the prices go way out this time round for many reasons. I alwats look to make money in the medium and long term.

  7. #7
    I paid less than 70k for my whole deck. Don't waste your gold when you still have 2 weeks to get it done.

    Also, don't EVER buy cards from the AH. They're always 50% over the actual value, minimum.

    Quote Originally Posted by 999tigger View Post
    I wouldnt bother. The trinkets this time round arent that good.
    The agility trinket is best in slot for Hunters through this entire tier, heroics included.

  8. #8
    Brewmaster Nigeldruid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,279
    Prices will fall extremely fast, especially on this because it's once a day crafting. In example living steel on my server went form 4k to 2k in one day.
    Nothing worth having comes easy. That's why hard content is worth doing, and easy content is a waste of time.

  9. #9
    The Lightbringer Tehterokkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3,702
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I'm going to have to agree with this. In the market I'm in I'd have a hard time selling any of the trinkets for 75k, let alone that being only part of the price. There are no guarantees with random cards, but you should have at least a fair shot at getting a deck completed, or trading/buying cards in the last 2 days. Remember that we won't be able to trade our inks till a day or 3 before the Faire ends, so most of us ( or me at least ) will be sitting on most of our Scrolls of Wisdom till that day I can trade my inks and then make all my cards at once and see where I stand.
    Can anyone confirm this part? Currently sitting at around 700 lower inks and nowhere to put them :S....

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigeldruid View Post
    Prices will fall extremely fast, especially on this because it's once a day crafting. In example living steel on my server went form 4k to 2k in one day.
    Living Steel is a poor example here as many Blacksmiths do not have the patterns yet so the market is flooded with product with a limited amount of buyers, however the card market is still very unknown since we don't know if certain cards will be more rare than others which could make one card worth 3-4 times as much as another card from the same deck.

  11. #11
    I managed to put it together without buying a single card and with 5 days to spare!!! This makes my second Deck and am seemingly the only one that has put one together. Now to come up with a price for it. Im gonna try for 150k to start.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by darkwing1232 View Post
    I managed to put it together without buying a single card and with 5 days to spare!!! This makes my second Deck and am seemingly the only one that has put one together. Now to come up with a price for it. Im gonna try for 150k to start.
    good luck, and update us with a post and your realm when you sell it. Be nice to try to get some values on theses decks (re:what people will actually pay)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •