Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Not surprised. In heroics I was usually #2 on DPS as Prot, sometimes #1 on big trash pulls. It needed to be nerfed.

Deleted
    To be expected as others have said, the Blood DKs being left again really irks me. I'm surprised they made it out of Beta in their current state, they should of baked more mitigation into Blood DKs and tweaked their current abilities

Deleted
    Remember the reason why we pull this dps - vengeance. And again, would you rather see tanks doing lower dps, which means lower threat, which means you getting asskicked? Or keep it this way? As a brewmaster I pull more dps than some on aoe, but what's really matter is you get through.

I'm still leveling up as prot (86) and take no dmg from as many mobs as i can pull. This just translates into a much slower leveling experience. Fucking awesome.

Had my guild's Prot Warrior agree when I told him about this last night, that they just did way too much AoE damage.

And guys... it's AoE damage! Not single-target. DK survivability isn't even a question here. The whole post from Blizzard was about tank DAMAGE OUTPUT. If you got an issue with tank survivability, go and post there constructively about why you feel it is unfair right now.

But again, this change was solely based on DAMAGE. Yes, DKs put out a bit higher damage, relative to the rest of us, but their incoming damage is equally higher (and their mitigation doesn't scale as well as the rest of us do with Vengeance).
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

Quote Originally Posted by Selonthyx View Post
    Remember the reason why we pull this dps - vengeance. And again, would you rather see tanks doing lower dps, which means lower threat, which means you getting asskicked? Or keep it this way? As a brewmaster I pull more dps than some on aoe, but what's really matter is you get through.
    Personally I wish they would just increase our maximum damage potential and remove vengeance.

As far as us warriors losing a bit of dmg, I don't expect to notice that much. I've been running exclusively with guildies so typically the trash doesn't last that long. And during AOE pulls I spend most of my time trying to snatch aggro back from our dps warrior. Whatever happened to taking the tanks target? Thunderclap and afk? If only...

I was waiting for this to happen. I'm surprised it took so long. Prot Warriors have been doing ridiculous AoE since 5.0.4 dropped.

Also, I'm sure there will be more tank tweaks across all 4 classes to bring them in line as more lvl 90 data becomes available.

15+ Year Old Account
    180k+ AoE dps from prot warriors, doesnt take a genius to understand it was fucked up.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    180k+ AoE dps from prot warriors, doesnt take a genius to understand it was fucked up.
    I knew this nerf was coming, I was doing insane dmg with almost no gear, 4% miss and zero expertise. Now that i got these stats bumped up the dmg is compared with DPS classes. Of course this nerf is needed.

SO is DKs who are facerolling challenge modes. Don't wanna balance 5 man heroics? Fine! At least balance challenge modes.

What's the point of this thread again? Are you losing aggro OP? If so learn to press your buttons the right way and whatnot. Otherwise don't worry about it. Our damage is fine, our threat is fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by idefiler6 View Post
    What's the point of this thread again? Are you losing aggro OP? If so learn to press your buttons the right way and whatnot. Otherwise don't worry about it. Our damage is fine, our threat is fine.
    Its more a case of DPS mattering one heck of a lot in challenge mode and it just being a kick in the face when the most overpowered class was left as it was whereas warriors, albeit still overpowered got the nerf first = P

Quote Originally Posted by Tpyo View Post
    The post explains why I saw my revenges doing lower numbers. But I was tanking with it tonight and doing just fine. Granted, I play my tank to tank and not to dps. I don't see why there are so many Tanks that get upset over this. You're playing a class that's supposed to soak damage, if you get to deal some too, that's great. But any complaint about lowered damage isn't really justified.

And the argument that "Well, X can do this!" - That's well and good, and something else being overpowered isn't an excuse for us to be overpowered too, they both need to be brought into line. Sure, it stinks, being nerfed is never fun, But I still crush in dungeons. Maybe not to the extent I used to, but I was doing 90k dps on the Sha boss in Shado-Pan Monastery (doing the achievement) as a Warrior.

Though I don't have a timeframe as to when the hotfixes went out (though I assume they were a bit before the blue post, because..as stated, I noticed a decline in revenge damage on off targets, it might've just been a fluke though) I'm fairly certain I did that Sha kill with the nerfs active. All the trash leading up to him, I still led dps...vengeance is still crazy good. Just take a breath and relax. The sky is not falling.
    Lower damage = lower threat generation. All Warrior's have a right to get upset over this. It's ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Lower damage = lower threat generation. All Warrior's have a right to get upset over this. It's ridiculous.
    Single target our threat is huge. In packs, L2 place your banner.

I really didnt like to do the highest dps in dungeons. Even on Sha I did 90k which was almost double of what dpsers did, and it was just only from thunderclapping adds. The change had to come and I welcome it, I havent tested threat yet tho, I will see in the evening .
    Last edited by barricade_; 2012-10-03 at 04:05 PM.

So wait, they admit Blood DKs are the highest on DPS and then do nothing about them while nerfing the other tanks DPS?

lol? I think whoever wrote Blizzard's post is high or didn't seem to understand what they were writing.

Seriously? Did you check prot warrior AOE damage lately??

---------- Post added 2012-10-03 at 05:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    So wait, they admit Blood DKs are the highest on DPS and then do nothing about them while nerfing the other tanks DPS?

lol? I think whoever wrote Blizzard's post is high or didn't seem to understand what they were writing.
    Seriously? Learn to read patch notes...

1- They say prot warrior AOE damage is too high and they nerf it,
    2- They says Blood single target is high and they buff other tanks...

Warriors have several mechanics that improve their tanking performance when dealing with multiple foes, as well as their damage output against them. Their damage against packs of creatures, especially when three targets were present, was much higher than other tanking classes. While some variance is expected, it was clear that an adjustment was necessary.
    The primary culprits here were Revenge and Deep Wounds:

Don't just read part of it... the convenient part...

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    This...
    Last edited by elderamy; 2012-10-03 at 04:50 PM.

Yet Brewmaster monks have no aoe cap on Keg Smash pulling 350k dps on 10+ mob pulls, no word on that at all...

Quote Originally Posted by Selonthyx View Post
    And again, would you rather see tanks doing lower dps, which means lower threat, which means you getting asskicked?
    I'd rather see higher thread multipliers than retarded damage.

Quote Originally Posted by ridish View Post
    i Played with a prot warrior yesturday pulling around 160k dps on aoe packs. At the end of the dungeon he had done about 30% of the total dmg... Tanks shouldn't be pulling this kind of dps. I think a good way to fix it is to give tanks some sort of upgraded threat system were they actually have to do their shit correctly in order to get the aggro from the mobs. Tanks these days just use thunderclap and go afk.
    As a prot warrior for many years I have to agree with this. When we had 1.6 sec weapons and were constantly watching mobs and tab targeting to hold threat I thought tanking was much more fun than now when we have insta threat and spend all our time watching our rage so we can do a defensive move.
    I guess this is the sacrifice we have to make so noobs that want a tank and don't want to truely understand thier class can shorten que times on LFG.