1. #1

    (Ret) Trouble getting Expertise Cap

    Is anyone else having a hard time getting expertise capped? I had to reforge everything to get hit capped and my expertise is sitting at 1,805.

  2. #2
    Dreadlord ipoststuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Internet
    Posts
    880
    you can gem it. No longer you have to go full str on gems since it gives half the stats.

  3. #3
    What exactly do u mean ny "half the stats"? str gems gives 1/2 of the stat on the gem?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by akon View Post
    What exactly do u mean ny "half the stats"? str gems gives 1/2 of the stat on the gem?
    You gain twice the secondary stats from gems, say you get 160 str from a red gem, you'd get 320 expertise for that.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

  5. #5
    Dreadlord ipoststuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Internet
    Posts
    880
    Thanks for clarifying faesroll. I think gemming str is a thing of past now. Since it has to be twice as better than hit/haste/expertise ,which its not, to be worth it.

  6. #6
    Fluffy Kitten Fhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Carnished Toast
    Posts
    3,219
    Quote Originally Posted by ipoststuff View Post
    I think gemming str is a thing of past now. Since it has to be twice as better than hit/haste/expertise ,which its not, to be worth it.
    Not necessarily. You still may want to put bold gems into red sockets in order to meet bonuses.

    Paladin and D3 Moderator | MMO-C Guidelines | Signature and avatar art by Dancing Hare

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Corylyn View Post
    Not necessarily. You still may want to put bold gems into red sockets in order to meet bonuses.
    or.... you could just use streg + haste in reds.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by ipoststuff View Post
    Thanks for clarifying faesroll. I think gemming str is a thing of past now. Since it has to be twice as better than hit/haste/expertise ,which its not, to be worth it.
    But you can reforge for hit & expertise and in heroic 5man gear strength gemming still > haste gemming.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

  9. #9
    Had no problem reforging to hit hit and expertise cap, then doing some other forging into haste. I just picked up a few new pieces and need to nudge it a bit, but it wasn't bad.
    <Playground Bullies> of Zul'jin (4/13H)

    i5-3230M @ 2.6ghz - 16gb DDR3 - 1TB HDD - Dual 1gb 660m in SLI
    i5-3570k @ 3.4ghz - 8gb DDR3 - 128gb SSD Boot Drive / 1TB HDD - Radeon 2gb HD7700

  10. #10
    Epic! Gracin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    BFE, USA
    Posts
    1,617
    I'm not sure hitting those caps will require much in the way of gemming for them. I hit 90 last night grabbed the JP bracers and managed to win the Direbrew dps trinket. After reforging all my gear at an average of 436 ilvl I came out above hit cap by .10% and below expertise cap by I think 2%. Keep in mind like all of the Dread Wastes quest gear are all pretty much void of exp and hit.

  11. #11
    There's a trinket with a nice strength on-use feature and nearly 900 expertise

    EDIT:

    http://www.wowhead.com/item=81268/le...the-darkmaster
    Equip: Increases your expertise rating by 847 (2.49 @ L90).
    Use: Increases your Strength by 4232 for 20 sec. (2 Min Cooldown)

    Darkmaster Gandling, roughly 12% drop chance in H:Scholomance via WoWhead.
    Last edited by Yau; 2012-10-06 at 06:07 PM.
    <Playground Bullies> of Zul'jin (4/13H)

    i5-3230M @ 2.6ghz - 16gb DDR3 - 1TB HDD - Dual 1gb 660m in SLI
    i5-3570k @ 3.4ghz - 8gb DDR3 - 128gb SSD Boot Drive / 1TB HDD - Radeon 2gb HD7700

  12. #12
    I think its just a new expansion thing. I remember when Cata launched I had to reforge everything on my casters to get to hit cap and then everything on my frost DK to get to both hit and expertise caps.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    I think its just a new expansion thing. I remember when Cata launched I had to reforge everything on my casters to get to hit cap and then everything on my frost DK to get to both hit and expertise caps.
    This. Stat inflation does that every time they change conversions for higher levels.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yau View Post
    There's a trinket with a nice strength on-use feature and nearly 900 expertise

    EDIT:

    http://www.wowhead.com/item=81268/le...the-darkmaster
    Equip: Increases your expertise rating by 847 (2.49 @ L90).
    Use: Increases your Strength by 4232 for 20 sec. (2 Min Cooldown)

    Darkmaster Gandling, roughly 12% drop chance in H:Scholomance via WoWhead.
    And also, this. Add this sword or this axe and expertise is pretty easy to reach.
    I am Grôgnárd, the one and only!

    The Light and How to Swing It

  14. #14
    Stood in the Fire Warpaladin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New York City, Brooklyn
    Posts
    462
    I had no problems reaching expertise/hit cap at all. Askmrrobot helps a with that if you're having trouble
    Quote Originally Posted by Unkown
    "The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •