Fury rotation downtime

Hi guys,

Coming from a DK, there are always buttons to press during a fight. It's very rare on a fight to have more than 2s where I can't do anything and can be remedied by hitting cooldowns that either give runes or runic power.

On my fury warrior, I am finding that there are periods when I simply don't have rage, all the abilities are on CD and I'm literally standing there doing white swings.

I've read threads where people are recommending that gaining enough rage, then bursting with CS > BT > RB > WS is preferable.

I just want to check if this is expected behavior, and that I shouldn't be face rolling my keyboard the way I do on my DK. It just feels a bit weird to not have anything to do for seconds while abilities and rage come back up.

You have to actively manage your rage as fury, shockwave/heroic throw/shout are your emergency fillers during downtime. Try and pool a little more rage until you feel more comfortable. Pooling rage for CS dumps is correct. WW with the raging wind glyph is amazing on 2+ targets, and viable single target too (only as TG).

Don't over use heroic strike, that's usually the main culprit for downtime.

Also with the 3rd charge of bloodsurge now having the correct 1 second GCD you should notice WS being less clunky, and your BT not being delayed now.

Deleted
    If you line everything up correctly, empty globals are very uncommon. It can happen at lower gear levels when crit is scarce, but I find that my activity level is getting close to 100% already at like 17% crit.

Oh, and don't use berserker stance. It seems we only really have two stances now.
    Last edited by mmocc9bca2205f; 2012-10-03 at 05:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Choptimus View Post
    You have to actively manage your rage as fury, shockwave/heroic throw/shout are your emergency fillers during downtime. Try and pool a little more rage until you feel more comfortable. Pooling rage for CS dumps is correct. WW with the raging wind glyph is amazing on 2+ targets, and viable single target too (only as TG).

Don't over use heroic strike, that's usually the main culprit for downtime.

Also with the 3rd charge of bloodsurge now having the correct 1 second GCD you should notice WS being less clunky, and your BT not being delayed now.
    Don't know if it still does, but heroic throw used to reset your swing timer, and was frowned upon using as filler.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Devolution View Post
    Don't know if it still does, but heroic throw used to reset your swing timer, and was frowned upon using as filler.
    Didn't they change that with the last patch ?

WS should not be used at all unless you get bloodsurge proc, if over 80 rage use HS as a rage dump. As for the rage starving idk what to tell you buddy. Not in a dick/mean way but learn to manage rage, it takes a while but soon you'll have a good understanding of how much rage you will have going in, 10 seconds in, etc. It was hard for me to learn as well trust me but it pays off.

For your fury warrior needs in rotation/glyphs/gems/ench/stats i reccomend noxxic.com
    helps me out alot
    Bane

Quote Originally Posted by Devolution View Post
    They changed that.
    He is the life of guilds he has never joined.
    He once had a noobish moment- just to see what it felt like.
    If he were to beat you in a duel, you would have to fight the strong urge to thank him.
    The Lunar Elders have a holiday in which they honor him.
    He can speak Darnassian. In Orcish.
    He is: The Most Interesting Man in the World of Warcraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    DW Frost DK feels more like a Fury Warrior than an actual Fury Warrior. Killing Machine along with a 1 second GCD feels awesome. I would just stick to Frost if you want to actually have fun.

Fury is slow boring and only really feels furious when you can stack up 3 stacks of meat cleaver and crit with Raging Blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    DW Frost DK feels more like a Fury Warrior than an actual Fury Warrior. Killing Machine along with a 1 second GCD feels awesome. I would just stick to Frost if you want to actually have fun.

Fury is slow boring and only really feels furious when you can stack up 3 stacks of meat cleaver and crit with Raging Blow.
    You're crazy. Current Fury is the most fun I've had as melee ever. Frost DKs, on the otherhand, feel like bashing my fist on the keyboard would produce similar results as perfect execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Quote Originally Posted by ironfists View Post
    WS should not be used at all unless you get bloodsurge proc, if over 80 rage use HS as a rage dump. As for the rage starving idk what to tell you buddy. Not in a dick/mean way but learn to manage rage, it takes a while but soon you'll have a good understanding of how much rage you will have going in, 10 seconds in, etc. It was hard for me to learn as well trust me but it pays off.

For your fury warrior needs in rotation/glyphs/gems/ench/stats i reccomend noxxic.com
    helps me out alot
    I basically stopped reading there. That just creates more holes for him to deal with. HS above 80-90 rage, WS when theres nothing to press and you're at 60+ rage, even outside of bloodsurge procs. In the scenario you presented theres no way to not cap out on rage, which is a direct DPS loss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    feel like bashing my fist on the keyboard
    And that is why Frost is more furious than a Fury Warrior.