Thread: MMR not reset

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

MMR not reset

Last edited by Illana; 2012-10-03 at 04:38 AM.

wait for realz? source?

hahah this is so fucking retarded EPICCCCCCCCCCC

thank god this was posted, i was just about to go buy the xpac just now and start re downloading

Deleted
    A R E Y O U K I D D I N G M E ? ! ? ! ?
    absolute fail

Hey look, this expansion looks promising for PvP. LOLJK inc repeat of every bad season ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Could anyone explain to me why is that a bad decision?
    I really do not know since I am not that much into PvP, but I would like to learn the cause of the QQ

Watch the video and you'll understand.

Deleted
    Meh I can read much faster then I can listen :>
    I will though - thanks ;p

EDIT: I find it really hard to believe that if you are really good, you still cannot get the rating you need for gladiator rewards etc.
    Last edited by mmocf21fce8ff9; 2012-10-03 at 05:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morghie View Post
    Meh I can read much faster then I can listen :>
    I will though - thanks ;p
    people who held high MMR's in the last season now have an tremendous advantage in gaining rating, so it's rather obvious who's going to get high rating and who's not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    Watch the video and you'll understand.
    I'm at work at the moment. I need more details, anyone can write a bit about it? No reset, why?
    Qui a rejeté son démon nous importune avec ses anges.
    -Henri Michaux

Basically means whoever was glad last season will play 1 week of arena and get glad this season too.

We don't know why, we can only speculate that the people in charge of pvp at blizzard are utter morons.

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    Basically means whoever was glad last season will play 1 week of arena and get glad this season too.

We don't know why, we can only speculate that the people in charge of pvp at blizzard are utter morons.
    Forgive my ignorance, but how is this possible? Is the math posted somewhere on how this system works?

And this is the EU thread for to sign : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5574897568

Quote Originally Posted by BongimusPrime View Post
    Forgive my ignorance, but how is this possible? Is the math posted somewhere on how this system works?
    You have massively high MMR, lets say 2.5k for this example.

You will gain 92 team and personal rating for every win in order for the system to match your team/personal rating with your MMR.

so this team plays 30 games, wins 25 and they're already at 2.3k rating

This choice will weed out the pvp players from wow just like what happened in cata. People arnt going to sit around for 6+ months watching some team take rank 1 with 30 games and never play again. The whole drive to trying is in thinking everyone has the same chance, and this corrupt MMR system for some reason continues to crap on any idea of balance. This whole thing does not make sense. I want to scream someone underhanded is being paid to leave MMR like it is, but that idea sounds dumb when talking to an international company like Blizzard, yet you see dumb choices like this. I swear I think someones sponsor is paying blizzard to give their contracted player an easy edge, it just dosnt fit without something corrupt going on.

I wanna say this dosnt surprise me, but I guess I just feel bad for returning players who returned to wow under the guise of MMR promises that turned out to be lies just before the shindig starts. It's like this game has it out for itself. It thinks it can survive on PVE content alone. I respect that pve does account for a large amount of the playerbase, but a lie like this MMR deal will clip a solid 1/4 of their returning players, the rest when the new content isnt new so more.

Company makes so much money it just puts its head up its @## on issues like this and plays dumb later on to excuse it. I just wonder whoever is getting paid to keep MMR alive is making enough to justify this blatant underhanded cheating.

Deleted
    I just don't understand what they said that they were going to reset it and then, in a very sneaky move, they say that they won't.

What is Blizzard exactly trying to achieve with this? What is the logic behind this decision, especially when you said you are going to reset it?

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm really anxious to see their explanation about this. This is very very bad decision...

Deleted
    This is complete madness as it takes away any pretence of competition in the game. Unless they have stealth patched a gradual decline of rating if inactive then its really the nail in the coffin of pvp. Now the pve's will love this as class nerfs for pvp will be less frequent

No pvp honor weapons, pvp gear getting nerfed(because jp gear is crap instead of buffing it), and MMR not getting reset.

Shame on me for resubbing thinking blizzard cared about PvP now. Can't wait for cheaters to play 20 games and sit on rank 1 for 6 months again.

inc repeat of s10 with absolutely nobody queueing, I had to play ~300 games with a 95% win ratio to edge into last place glad because cheaters sat on their cheated MMR for 8 months without ever queueing for free glad.