Thread: MMR not reset

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    A real company would boost MMR on big dollar sponsors behind the scenes and reset across the board to make the blind believe. However, Blizzard hasn't been a real company since their heart went to Disney and replaced THQ completely. How does it feel to run around at 11$ a share when the people who made you boosted Disney from 35$ to 60$ in just their short time there? How are you still worth such utter nonsense even after a expansion release?!

Fail game is fail. Way better stuff going on elsewhere.

According to Blizzard its a "last minute decision". You all know this means they forgot right? They are just trying to play it off like they did it on purpose. This is total BS, how can Blizzard forget to reset MMR? Its like Blizzard said screw we forgot to reset MMR, lets just go live. All this is going to do is let people camp all season from getting high ratings the first week.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz is fucking retarded.
    >_<
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    You have massively high MMR, lets say 2.5k for this example.

You will gain 92 team and personal rating for every win in order for the system to match your team/personal rating with your MMR.

so this team plays 30 games, wins 25 and they're already at 2.3k rating
    I still need more explanation as to why this is bad. If you lose the match then you lose rating correct? If this is the case, it has all the Gladiators from last season battling each other trying to up their rating. Glads are far more likely to lose to Glads than to whatever randoms they would get if there was a MMR reset. This makes it much harder to dodge actual competition. Every match should have a legitimate chance to be lost, or am I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Whitepepper View Post
    I still need more explanation as to why this is bad. If you lose the match then you lose rating correct? If this is the case, it has all the Gladiators from last season battling each other trying to up their rating. Glads are far more likely to lose to Glads than to whatever randoms they would get if there was a MMR reset. This makes it much harder to dodge actual competition. Every match should have a legitimate chance to be lost, or am I wrong?
    Is it difficult for you to understand that if your MMR is 2700 the game will try to get your rating up there as fast as possible. You can do it easily in just one night of playing with a mediocre win ratio. If your MMR is 1500 then it will take a lot longer and will require long win streaks to get the MMR even close to 2700. And by the time you get it that high, the teams at 2700 have already started camping for the season so there is no one to queue against.

The whole MMR system needs to be removed and it should go back to TBC system. Actually, that's kinda the solution for WoW in general...

10+ Year Old Account
    If you play 50/50 with another team of same rating you both will end up at your MMR rating.
    (Your MMRs will go up and down between matches while your team rating will raise to match your MMR)

if you lose a match you lose mmr and very little team rating.

so basically with 2.5k mmr and you play 50/50 win loss you should get to 2.5k rating.

i am still really fucking sad about this. i realllllllyyyyyyyy hope they change their minds.

You act like this really makes a difference at all. The people who got glad last season are likely going to get it again even if it gets reset, and people who never got about 2k will still not get above 2k.

Quote Originally Posted by A Day to Remember View Post
    You act like this really makes a difference at all. The people who got glad last season are likely going to get it again even if it gets reset, and people who never got about 2k will still not get above 2k.
    If you'd watch the video you'd see why it does make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Lassira View Post
    If you'd watch the video you'd see why it does make a difference.
    I did watch the video, and i see that it doesnt make a difference. Its just less work for the top teams, i get how thats a problem, but if those teams have to work hard or not they would get Glad...

I did watch the video, and i see that it doesnt make a difference. Its just less work for the top teams, i get how thats a problem, but if those teams have to work hard or not they would get Glad...
    Because nobody else will ever get glad. The top teams will play 20 games, sit on their rating, and that's that. They will never queue again, and their rating will be far too high to ever catch because they never queue, so that MMR never goes back into the pool. Exactly like s10, where all the glad spots were taken the first week.
    This causes nobody on the ladder want to play, because high duelists will never get gladiator, so they stop queueing, then the normal duelists stop because they never go up because nobody higher than them queues, and it just goes down the ladder. The entire ladder freezes with inactivity, and arena dies.
    Last edited by Lassira; 2012-10-03 at 09:43 PM.

Deleted
    What the hell is their reasoning for this? Im not even a big PvP'er but I can't help but see this to be a very strange decision, not a chance people will stick around for another 6 moths after playing 30 games after the last year of WoW. Really stupid decision I just don't understand how they thought this would be a good move it just kills of any sort of competitive PvP.

But do you have a chance to beat those top teams anyway? Someone who played together all last season, has good communication, and clearly knows each others strengths and weaknesses... i think you wont. The people who get Glad every season will still get it if they reset it or not.

watch and COMPREHEND the video.

But do you have a chance to beat those top teams anyway? Someone who played together all last season, has good communication, and clearly knows each others strengths and weaknesses... i think you wont. The people who get Glad every season will still get it if they reset it or not.
    Yes, they do. Because they get better from practicing.

Do you even play arena?

Do you think the gladiators from S1 are the same people that get gladiator every season, and nobody else ever gets the title from becoming better players?

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    watch and COMPREHEND the video.
    I GET IT (caps dont help, do they?) The people who get Glad every season (the people who got it last season) will get it if the MMR is reset or not.

I GET IT (caps dont help, do they?) The people who get Glad every season (the people who got it last season) will get it if the MMR is reset or not.
    You seem to be missing that not resetting MMR makes the ladders inactive, kills arena, and makes the chance of anyone besides the current glad-holders of getting glad nearly zero.

You are not comprehending the video.

Deleted
    Well what the hell sort of logic is that? why even have PvP if that's the case, just give those who got Gladiator before the tittle and have done with it. Anything could happen with an active ladder, even more so at the start of a new expansion with a brand new class. Besides it's not just about the top gladiator spots, this as an effect on the whole ladder it's a massive ripple effect that starts at the top and goes right the way down the ladder.
    Last edited by mmoceeceb76e25; 2012-10-03 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morghie View Post
    Could anyone explain to me why is that a bad decision?
    I really do not know since I am not that much into PvP, but I would like to learn the cause of the QQ
    It allows ppl to race to a high team ranking then stop playing and sit on that score for the season. Forcing the ppl that continue playing to grind to catch up since you start raising up slower as the season moves on. It also lets the ppl that gear up quickly at the start to beat a few poor teams or ppl that shouldn't be facing them to pad their numbers.

---------- Post added 2012-10-03 at 02:57 PM ----------

It works for everybody just has a bigger benefit to higher end players. I know the highest rating I ever got in arena was when they reset MMR last time and we were able to fire out of the gate against a ton of shitty players. Most likely as the season went on we would have run into several 2400 to 2700 teams and lost more and more dropping our rating, but since we shot out of the gate then one of the teams players comps died we sat and finished the season on score that we surely couldn't have defended.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."