Need help picking trinkets and gemming

Hello

As MoP as released I'm just as clueless as everyone else I seek other mages opinions.

I have these 3 trinkets
    Engineering trinket tingy with 600 haste, 600 hit and 600 expertise (So 1200 hit!)
    Brewfest trinket 904 crit and chance for 5424 spelldmg for 10 sec
    [Vision of the Predator] 847 int and chance for 3386 crit

What 2 trinkets do you suggest I use?
    THe logic answer would be vision and brewfest, however the 1200 hit is really really nice help to reach the hitcap.

And also;
    When is it worth following the socket bonus to get the bonus for lets say a yellow slot?
    Should I socket a orange if the bonus is +60 int?

10+ Year Old Account
    Atm I myself am using the engineering trinket with crit/expertise/hit on it, and the Int trinket. Engineering trinket as you said is really useful for getting the hit cap, which is really important, so I'm sticking with that one myself

Quote Originally Posted by Kimpan View Post

And also;
    When is it worth following the socket bonus to get the bonus for lets say a yellow slot?
    Should I socket a orange if the bonus is +60 int?
    Depends on ur stat weights, but atm would think gemming hit+ best secondary would be the best for a yellow slow

From what I understand, int isn't worth more than 2x crit.
    Therefore in yellow sockets you would take +320 crit, and red sockets you would take +80 int +160 crit.

Edit: typo.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctroni View Post
    From what I understand, int isn't worth more than 2x crit.
    Therefore in yellow sockets you would take +320 crit, and red sockets you would take +80 int +160 crit.

Edit: typo.
    This is correct, though if you are missing hit and it is impossible for you to get hit capped without sacrificing crit, Expertice for red, and expertice/int or hit/int for yellow are better choices

Edit: Same goes for arcane, but with mastery/hit or mastery/exp

Oh and after you are pass the point that you can get hit cap without any gemming or sacrificing any your best secondary stat, just gemming for pure secondary on yellow and int+secondary on red and hit+secondary on blue seems to become the best option.
    Last edited by mrgreenthump; 2012-10-04 at 03:53 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    wait so we use expertise now?

Deleted
    gutnbrg : yes in MoP expertise = hit. So you can reforge item to have hit + expertise for exemple.
    It also means that you can count on racial bonus, 1% hit for a human with a sword for exemple.

About gems; I found 60 int bonuses on yellow circuits worth going for.

Though, according to my last 2 sims, it appears that Hit and Exp gems are the top dps gem due to there being twice as much of the secondary stat on gems and hit/exp being worth more than half the dps per point as int.

If anyone could verify the above, or dispell a Simcraft miscalculation, please let me know.