Thread: The Stone Guard

Deleted

The Stone Guard

With Mogu'shan Vaults unlocked, what rotation do you plan to use as a 2H Frost DK during The Stone Guard 10M encounter? Single Target or Multi Target? We can hit two Guards at once but in similar situations (double target) I'm not sure what's the best way to go.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by mmoc468cb7f106; 2012-10-03 at 08:37 AM. Reason: Clarification

10+ Year Old Account
    Single target would be better. For AoE rotation to win out you need 3-4 targets I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Single target would be better. For AoE rotation to win out you need 3-4 targets I believe.
    Unless your DW frost, in which case your already doing a mostly AoE rotation.

Deleted
    I'm inclined to agree with you, Mehman, the problem is that I could not find any evidence on what's better with 2 targets It's not that easy to test, SimulationCraft doesn't have a double target fight included.

It's 2H Frost, Kaosbringer, I just edited my original post
    Last edited by mmoc468cb7f106; 2012-10-03 at 08:39 AM.

Deleted
    I'd say single target. Usually AOE rotation win if there are 3-4 or more targets but the best answer is "try them both", I think you'll do more than 1 attempt so swap rotation each attempt to see which one is better...

Probably single target, though I think that (assuming equal gear) DW>2H for this fight.

You need at least four targets as 2H frost for the standard AOE rotation to win-out single-bombing an add to death.

As 2h, even in Heroic 5-mans you'll get more damage done and kill packs faster if you simply pick one mob, hit him with both diseases and then murder him down as hard as possible. Stone Guard will be the same, you'll just stick to the two dogs and pound one.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

Deleted
    Thanks a lot for your answers, I do appreciate.

I havent done this fight yet but if possible, at least, use DND.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Canen View Post
    Why would you use D&D as frost? That's a loss of an Obliterate for far less damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Canen View Post
    DnD would be used by DW frost, not 2H. I think unholy does aswell, but on 2 targets its not going to be worth it for 2H.

Quote Originally Posted by hunty View Post
    DnD would be used by DW frost, not 2H. I think unholy does aswell, but on 2 targets its not going to be worth it for 2H.

My bad. I play DW right now and always thought DnD was a dps boost with more than one target. Wasn't even thinking about 2h rotation. My reading comprehension has never been great. 0.0