Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I regret making my ret paladin my main now....should have gone with a warlock or mage >.<

Ret paladins are not that bad, although to be honest my gear is kinda pimped at the moment. But here's our Elegon 25 man log, did pretty good in my opinion. http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-oc...?s=5106&e=5654

Edit: I even died once.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bankopf View Post
    Ret paladins are not that bad, although to be honest my gear is kinda pimped at the moment. But here's our Elegon 25 man log, did pretty good in my opinion. http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-oc...?s=5106&e=5654

Edit: I even died once.
    That fight provides a damage buff so if you are just sitting the boss that doesn't say much. Either way nice dps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    Stone Guard is a cleave/multiDoT fight. you'll notice that every class before us is either excellent at cleaving (combat rogues, fire mages, fury warriors, frost DK's, elemental shamans) or multidotting (affliction locks, shadowpriests, balance druids).
    We were alright until they nerfed Divine Storm.. sigh.

Elegon similarly has mechanics that scale better with other classes.
    Elegon is the only fight that Rets are actually doing decently on in pre-raid gear.

all other fights have a less than 10K difference, which can be explained through other means, like gear, RNG (both positive and negative) and slight biases towards other specs.
    No. This is the top-end of RNG and skill for every spec, so the only explanation is, Ret sucks in pre-raid gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    That fight provides a damage buff so if you are just sitting the boss that doesn't say much. Either way nice dps.
    In our strategy, only two mages were staying on the boss for most of the time, excluding later spark spawns. So there's actually a fair bit of movement, resetting your debuff etc. Our profile has logs from Wednesday, stayed very much near the middle or the middle-top in terms of damage.

I thank you for your compliment, going to be interesting to see how the dps pans out in heroics, after the fights are familiar, mastering cooldown usage etc. I'm guessing my whole point is the fact that while I too personally thought paladins obsolete once again, they indeed can bring competitive dps to a raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Floross View Post
    Yeah , I'm sticking to ret , screw the numbers , I'll put the effort in and skill .
    Thats like saying you enjoy playing golf but you have no arms but you will still try very hard and put in many hours of work. Pretty sure the end result will be the same. Its the same reason I quit my priest. No matter how hard I tried every other healer just facerolls with no skill while watching TV and blows me away. Since raids went live I have gotten kicked from 6 raids and been laughed at when trying to join countless others. You just have to accept your spec sucks and play something else until its fixed. I had to. At least I found a paladin in the WoL DPS parses. Out of the top 40 healers for every single encounter there isnt a single disc priest. We are just worthless trash.
    Last edited by Lilly32; 2012-10-05 at 03:39 AM.

In our strategy, only two mages were staying on the boss for most of the time, excluding later spark spawns. So there's actually a fair bit of movement, resetting your debuff etc. Our profile has logs from Wednesday, stayed very much near the middle or the middle-top in terms of damage.

I thank you for your compliment, going to be interesting to see how the dps pans out in heroics, after the fights are familiar, mastering cooldown usage etc. I'm guessing my whole point is the fact that while I too personally thought paladins obsolete once again, they indeed can bring competitive dps to a raid.
    Celestial Protector 254296 0.4 %

hehehehe u did a lot of dmg to the add, I believe u when u said u had a lot of movement.

15+ Year Old Account

Ya our strategy is melee kill the protector so my numbers will never compare to Rets that are on the boss. But w/e I don't care enough to worry about it anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Quote Originally Posted by teddabear View Post
    This isn't really a good way to evaluate DPS. You need to click on More... and then select each spec. Compare DPS from spots 30-40 for each spec. This will give you a much more accurate picture.
    Wasn't that exactly what I wrote? =)

Quote Originally Posted by Ater View Post
    This is still very early numbers and only the highest dps of each class is counted so you shouldn't read to much into does numbers.

Don't trust doest numbers to much do, I'm hoping that things will look better when we get some better ranks, like the average of top 200 of each class and raidbots.coms ranks up and running.

But as I have written before, the numbers is still based on a very low number of logs so you shouldn't take it as facts and we still don't know what effect different gearscaling and setbonuses will have on the rank when the epic raiding gear starts rolling in. We will have a lot better stats in a month or two when people are epic-geared and sites like raidbots will have stats based on the average value of the 200 best from each class.
    But you are completely right, we need more data and data not only based on the number 1 dps, more like an average of top 100-200 from each class.

Deleted
    Topping the meter as pally tank and coming 2nd to third as reti. This isn't another one of those pallys come last xpacks

Quote Originally Posted by thegoodrogue View Post
    Celestial Protector 254296 0.4 %

hehehehe u did a lot of dmg to the add, I believe u when u said u had a lot of movement.
    hardy boys on the scene

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    No. This is the top-end of RNG and skill for every spec, so the only explanation is, Ret sucks in pre-raid gear.
    how often do I need to explain this? NOT EVERY CLASS IS AFFECTED THE SAME BY RNG!! depending on procs, boss abilities and even class popularity, every spec has different effects from RNG. A mage can survive a lethal attack using Cauterize. a rogue can Cloak many debuffs off and resist many other spells.

in addition, you can't be sure that the best players are submitting logs. a number of top guilds don't submit logs until other guilds have killed it as well, or not even their first attempt. you also can't be sure that the players that are playing paladins have just as much luck as the other players.

no, ret DPS doesn't suck. It's WAY TOO EARLY to tell that. wait till heroic modes are being done by the medium guilds. once raidbots and such have been updated with the average DPS, you can start drawing conclusions. but as long as fire mages have a 20K swing in either direction at high-end gear and ret paladins only 10K (simulationcraft numbers), you cannot draw conclusions on which class is the best.

SHHHHH just wait for 4 set silly rets. Then you will be gods desired by all.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    SHHHHH just wait for 4 set silly rets. Then you will be gods desired by all.
    Oh yeah we will rule Azeroth just one month before next expansion and then be total crap for the 1st to 3rd tier of this expansion. I guess that's the way we are designed.

I'm french, I'm really sorry if my english is bad. I try to do my best.

Quote Originally Posted by Vodalos View Post
    Oh yeah we will rule Azeroth just one month before next expansion and then be total crap for the 1st to 3rd tier of this expansion. I guess that's the way we are designed.
    Yes T14 tier will be obtainable in 2 years. How bout you level instead of spreading doom and gloom nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    We were alright until they nerfed Divine Storm.. sigh.
    Wait , what nerf to divine storm ? Something recent ? It still does 100% holy damage right ?

Quote Originally Posted by Floross View Post
    Wait , what nerf to divine storm ? Something recent ? It still does 100% holy damage right ?
    Yeah but it was 135%. I would've settled for 115% or something.

100% is ok, imo (pure holy damage + Inquisiton , hello!), but the ramp up time kinda' sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    but the ramp up time kinda' sucks.
    This as well.
    I liked it better when it shared a CD with Crusader Strike and if it hit X amount of targets it would generate a charge of HP. At least that way you would have a option to start off with some aoe like every other class does.

(Though Light's Hammer and the Exorcism-aoe glyph were probably added to make up for the change even though the former can bugger through the floor on a whim and leave you dumbfounded)
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

Quote Originally Posted by tielknight View Post
    This as well.
    I liked it better when it shared a CD with Crusader Strike and if it hit X amount of targets it would generate a charge of HP. At least that way you would have a option to start off with some aoe like every other class does.

(Though Light's Hammer and the Exorcism-aoe glyph were probably added to make up for the change even though the former can bugger through the floor on a whim and leave you dumbfounded)
    That's what HotR is for. Same thing just needs a target.