Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Helai View Post
    Ret is currently awful.

Many of the Paladins in my guild and Paladins I know said levelling as Ret was tiring and awful. Now they're hitting dungeons, (I'm a Prot Paladin) and I've noticed with random Ret-pug-adins that I'm actually outdpsing them.

Ret needs a massive buff. We're awful at the moment.
    the reason you are out dpsing them is due to uncapped vengeance scaling. tank dps is currently insultingly high and prot paladins are the highest dps tank of the lot. have a look at wol if you don't believe me.

my guild is scheduled to start raids this week, so i have not had a chance to test my damage in raids, but i've done a lot of heroics with guildies and my damage compared to theirs is fine. if i can keep up with our mage and shadowpriest, ret damage is fine.

whats more
    a lot of random pug-a-dins are fucking awful and probably don't understand how ret is currently played. a lot of people think ret is still mindless FCFS faceroll, and its not.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    That fight is nothing close to patchwerk we don't really have one right now, However topping meters on a fight where you got to tunnel the boss and others didn't doesn't prove much and on top of that comparing player skill for all classes Ret is nearly at the bottom. Just because you are a solid player and play with mediocre players does not mean the class is good.
    As said as close to a patchwerk fight as we have right now. Thanks for reading. Just because I'm topping meters doesn't mean I'm tunneling boss or the rest of my raid is bad. Everyone knows skada is fubar'd when it comes to keeping track of people in different realms/phases. I went down twice when needed for voodoo dolls. Thanks, though. Your insight is 100% helpful.

The fight that is closest to Patchwerk right now has to be Feng. I know I've just been tunneling boss all the time except the little movement when we've been stacking/spreading and running out with debuffs. I felt I had the highest uptime on a boss on this fight.

Hello ppl,just wanna ask what should i choose as ret for Stone Guard HC ( ES or LH)?

Quote Originally Posted by Lawkeeper View Post
    Hello ppl,just wanna ask what should i choose as ret for Stone Guard HC ( ES or LH)?
    With our strat we have everyone on the melee except the off-tank. So we're constantly attacking 2 targets + we're all grouped for the healing so Light's hammer is the clear winner.

*edit* My mistake - I didn't notice the HC part and we didn't raid last week so I haven't seen the differences. However,if you are near 2 targets for any length of time LH is better.
    Last edited by Riptide; 2012-10-10 at 08:50 PM.

I'm waiting until 4piece is available before saying that ret is need of buffs. Our 4set seems insanely good compared to other classes.

If paladins are really only doing 54k raid buffed, reforged, gemmed and enchanted... Then I dunno. My ret spec is putting out 44k on boss fights in heroic dungeons. Its not even 440 ilevel, isnt glyphed properly, isnt gemmed, isnt enchanted, isnt refroged.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    If paladins are really only doing 54k raid buffed, reforged, gemmed and enchanted... Then I dunno. My ret spec is putting out 44k on boss fights in heroic dungeons. Its not even 440 ilevel, isnt glyphed properly, isnt gemmed, isnt enchanted, isnt refroged.
    That seems about right on a fight like Feng.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    the reason you are out dpsing them is due to uncapped vengeance scaling. tank dps is currently insultingly high and prot paladins are the highest dps tank of the lot. have a look at wol if you don't believe me.
    Are you kidding right? Warr and DK are far superior as tanking dpsers

On stone guard in 25m I am pulling roughly 55-65k depending on how bad I get chained and the movement pattern / chaoticness of the fight. I am usually between number three to number seven on the meters. At the start I can top the meter with the mages and pull 120k burst, but they end up pulling close to 80k on average per fight. The shamans appear to be my next competition, but sometimes I totally crush them so maybe that's just their sustained dps evening out. Warlocks definitely give me a run for my money. I tie up with our warrior and rogue occasionally but usually beat them. Absolutely crush all other classes though so far.

We're all roughly 460-465 item level. Armory in sig. I'm happy with where we're at. I know once I start collecting tier pieces I'm only going to go farther. I think ret is in an 'okay' place but could use a small/moderate sustained dps buff. Our survivability is in a good spot IMO.

There's a huge difference between dps in a 1 min-2 minute fight compared to a 6-9minute fight, if you didn't know already. This is exaggerated even more because ret is a 3 minute champion.

Once you wings and kings are gone how do you think you will compare on a longer fight? Yeah, thought so.

Deleted
    I did 86k dps on our Spiritbinder HC kill last night and was ranked #5 in my raid. It is all about managing your cooldowns. I pulled 250k burst dps during bloodlust, but after that i had a lot of downtime and fell back in the dmgmeter, on the 5min mark with my guardian off cd again and AW+HA I went from #10 to #5 during the last min.

Ret is fine in raids atm.

my Ret spec is putting out 75 k on HC dungeon But still a 3-4 min boss not a Raid boss stop compairing the dps in HCs
    @te-may i wont beleive in numbers until there is a proof for that

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Matrlx View Post
    my Ret spec is putting out 75 k on HC dungeon But still a 3-4 min boss not a Raid boss stop compairing the dps in HCs
    @te-may i wont beleive in numbers until there is a proof for that
    Last edited by Malthanis; 2012-10-16 at 01:20 PM.

Who's log is this ? If it's a person that continuously stays out he's only logging the damage on Garaj ( which is always inflated if you're going into the realm ) and not recording your dps in the shadow realm. Other than that , nice raid dps .

Deleted
    I stayed 100% on the boss, the hunter who logged did the same. Only warlocks, shadowpriests, moonkin, elementals and death knights went to the shadow realm.
    The warlock on #2 went 4 times into the shadow realm and came back with a full stacked buff and did insane dps on the boss.

May , is that log with Starshatter ? Anyway /jelly of your gear ^_^.

P.S. Of course nice dps regardless.

P.S.2 Oh man , you're way out of my league . 3/16H , Gratz on that. I'm still 4/6 , working on Elegon tonight.

Deleted
    eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/mannoroth/may/advanced

this is the gear i did this fight with, except for the necklace, i got that from the bonus roll after we killed the boss, i had the conquest necklace equipped during the fight.
    i had some luck with bonus rolls, but our top ten dmgdealers all have similar gear, everyone has ~480 itemlvl, some even 488 and i could still compete

its all about the first 45sec in the fight, i used t11 prot prepull for 45sek guardian and i managed to do 8,5million dmg during the first 45seconds of the fight, at the end of the fight after 5min52sec i did 30million dmg. I did 28% of my total dmg in the first 45seconds of a 5min52sec fight. It is all about stacking every cooldown you habe.

I had 45sec Guardian, Bloodlust, prepot, AV+HA, Darkmoon Trinket, Darkmaster Trinket, ES, Engineering Gloves.