Blood DK - do people not understand how we work?

Just finished scarlet monastery and the lightbreaker greatsword dropped. A dps warrior was in the group and he freaked out when I won it. The whole group than proceeded to agree. Everyone was random, not guildies. I'm a blood dk, what am I missing? Do these people just not get our mechanics or was this a random incident?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThHeretic View Post
    Just finished scarlet monastery and the lightbreaker greatsword dropped. A dps warrior was in the group and he freaked out when I won it. The whole group than proceeded to agree. Everyone was random, not guildies. I'm a blood dk, what am I missing? Do these people just not get our mechanics or was this a random incident?
    "It's a 2handed weapon you should use 1h and shield"
    *insert more generic QQ*
    People are just stupid, and for some reason don't get that any 2h weapon with mastery is a blood DK tanking weapon (mostly)

Both? Random incident of people not knowing how Blood works.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

PuG's rage, the sun rises in the morning and water is wet. Its a given.

Back in Cataclysm, I had someone rage at me for taking a 2 handed axe on my Death Knight.

While levelling my Monk, some Rogue tried to mock me by saying 'lol wear some tanking gear noob'. I replied with 'go and find me some tanking gear. Go ahead. I'll wait'

I think every tank gets this to some degree, though I suppose warriors and paladins less often. People care far too much about loot.

Idiots will be idiots.

Like when I'm healing on my Monk and tanks seem to think I have infinite mana or can heal with 10% mana and then pull a boss. Or run out of LoS while pulling three packs, die, and then call me a noob. And no-one understanding the green orbs that spawn around them actually heal them.

Yeah. Fun times there.

Deleted
    Forget about this and go ahead, there will be always someone that qq about loot.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's always people like this. I was playing my balance druid and there was resto druid in the party, I won a leather piece with spirit on it and he continuously whined for the rest of the heroic even after I linked the Spirit->Hit passive in chat multiple times.

I assume Elemental Shamans, Brewmaster Monks and Shadow Priests all experience situations like this too.

Deleted
    I experience it all the time on my DK. You just gotta ignore those whiners and get on with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Troll 'em. You can't fight it, but you can extract a certain measure of twisted satisfaction from exploiting the stupidity.

I get it all the time when I graciously tank randoms.

RAGE QQ YOU CANT HAS NO LEWTS.

My tank spec is full 463 or better. I don't need tank loot anyways. But I allways get shit for 90% of the rolls I make in randoms. I tell don't like it? Open a ticket, or kick me. I will be back in an instance in about 10s. Plate wearers need to stfu and heal or tank anyways. Don't like it? Me either I prefer frost and raid as frost, in fact we have about 6 people in the guild that either tank or heal heroics, but raid as dps. Why? More dps spots in raids.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had the opposite happen quite recently. Main spec Blood, but I was leveling fishing and felt like sitting in the que and playing DPS. Tank piece drops and it's an upgrade for my tank set so I need it. The tank and his que buddies start freaking out. They started throwing out stupid excuses as to why I shouldn't have needed it. I tried explaining I was main spec blood but they didn't listen and told me I should tank if I wanted tank gear. I was tired of defending my position so I just said "RNG is a bitch" and left it at that. They all left instead of kicking me so I got to finish the run and a DPS ring ended up dropping that I also won. Yay me.

Idiots will be idiots, just ignore them and move on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    I've had the opposite happen quite recently. Main spec Blood, but I was leveling fishing and felt like sitting in the que and playing DPS. Tank piece drops and it's an upgrade for my tank set so I need it. The tank and his que buddies start freaking out. They started throwing out stupid excuses as to why I shouldn't have needed it. I tried explaining I was main spec blood but they didn't listen and told me I should tank if I wanted tank gear. I was tired of defending my position so I just said "RNG is a bitch" and left it at that. They all left instead of kicking me so I got to finish the run and a DPS ring ended up dropping that I also won. Yay me.

Idiots will be idiots, just ignore them and move on.
    Personally, I think that's a dickish thing to do - but whenever dps rolls on tanking loot - I generally go 'ah, ok then you're fine with me rolling on dps gear - TYVM'. made all the sweeter once when some paladin hole that rolled & won on some tanking item that I needed, and said 'if I can roll on it, then it's mine' he then went on a furious nerdrage when I won the dps trinket off last boss in HoT. How I laughed, karma's a bitch.

Some of the more stupid encounters I have had 'DK's tank with 2x 1H' - 'DK's dont need dodge, they can only parry' - 'how are you outdpsing the dps class, get some tanking gear noob' -.- I was in 397 gear carrying tards in greens/blues and they were complaining! lol....... This was in Cata mind you, haven't tanked too much in MoP yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Goit View Post
    'how are you outdpsing the dps class, get some tanking gear noob' -.-
    I would've just replied: "Cos you suck."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goit View Post
    Personally, I think that's a dickish thing to do - but whenever dps rolls on tanking loot - I generally go 'ah, ok then you're fine with me rolling on dps gear - TYVM'. made all the sweeter once when some paladin hole that rolled & won on some tanking item that I needed, and said 'if I can roll on it, then it's mine' he then went on a furious nerdrage when I won the dps trinket off last boss in HoT. How I laughed, karma's a bitch.

Some of the more stupid encounters I have had 'DK's tank with 2x 1H' - 'DK's dont need dodge, they can only parry' - 'how are you outdpsing the dps class, get some tanking gear noob' -.- I was in 397 gear carrying tards in greens/blues and they were complaining! lol....... This was in Cata mind you, haven't tanked too much in MoP yet.
    It's randoms. I look at it as if I can use it and it's an upgrade for one of my sets, then I hit need. If you want all the tank/DPS/healing gear queue with a full premade who will pass it to you.

I try to keep 2 full sets of gear so I can tank and DPS as needed. I 'll be going DPS for most raids unless a fight is really good with a blood DK, like Baleroc in Firelands. For everything else I tank. I'll need full sets for both, so I take gear where I can get it.

Only got this whining in Pugs, since I rolled DK in Cata. Also got a Priest and get alot of complains about taking healer cloth gear with spirit

10+ Year Old Account
    it gets real fun when you need roll on a mastery loaded DPS piece to replace your dodge/parry piece

or get called a noob for having double brewfest trinkets, even though stam is better for bloodshield at lower mastery levels

In one of my first Moshu Palace runs, a Ret Pally had won the plate DPS helm, but after inspecting my green quality helm, she traded it to me. And by golly, I just did not argue!

Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    It's randoms. I look at it as if I can use it and it's an upgrade for one of my sets, then I hit need. If you want all the tank/DPS/healing gear queue with a full premade who will pass it to you.

I try to keep 2 full sets of gear so I can tank and DPS as needed. I 'll be going DPS for most raids unless a fight is really good with a blood DK, like Baleroc in Firelands. For everything else I tank. I'll need full sets for both, so I take gear where I can get it.
    That plus since the Xpack is fairly new alot of tanks are trying to gear. So some of them chose not to tank until their gear is better hence will run as DPS (Not saying this is proper or even what you did) so that they don't fail the group with an improperly geared tank.

Had a guy actually leave my guild because he thought me rolling on a neck piece with mastery was taking gear from him. I tried to explain that Mastery is a Blood DK's almost fully primary stat but he wouldn't listen. Oh well...

Deleted
    I usually proceed by giving them an answer with stat weights, conversion ratios, how our mastery works and other stuff just to bore them out whilst fightning over shitty loot. It's priceless to get a cocky rogue to shut his mouth once you've told him how your class works, cause usually the pugs who rage over stuff are clueless and as soon as you get some facts to throw in their face, they'll just give up.