Thread: Elegon...

Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

Elegon...

Looking at Wowprogress... SOOOO many guilds 4/16.

So My question is:

Is this fight bugged, Or is it really just that hard, Or are people just farming trash?

---------- Post added 2012-10-03 at 08:42 AM ----------

No one knows?
    #nannypolicemoderators

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Apparently the DPS-requirement is pretty damn steep.

Depending on your DPSers luck with loot in 5man-HCs and obviously their invidual skill... You might have some troubles meeting the requirement.

Maybe some US people might give some extra info?

Deleted
    Just wait til Europe gets its hands on it : >

People hitting enrage timer every time. Big dps check.

According to my thread here the fight is fine but not a single guild that is currently 4/6 read the dungeon journal, so problem solved!

Deleted
    So.... 25 people in a raid = more chance of having someone read...

You would of at least expected them to of done him on the beta...

Quote Originally Posted by Applenazi View Post
    According to my thread here the fight is fine but not a single guild that is currently 4/6 read the dungeon journal, so problem solved!
    Your were given many answers in your thread and all of them are perfectly valid. Just because you refuse to believe them doesn't mean they aren't correct.

OT : It is a gear-check and people must learn the fight to a T. Nothing more, nothing less.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

You come across as a complete douche in that thread. It's no surprise that people aren't queing up to help you.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Pally from Exodus was posting about the raid earlier.
    Said Elegon was the hardest due to the steep DPS requirement, and it requires alot of perfection on stopping the charges/etc.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

The fight is just tightly tuned. There is no "trick" to it, just really good damage, really good heals, and really execution. That's really it.
    Smitus of <Solace>, previously of <SNF>

Deleted
    The love in that thread is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    You come across as a complete douche in that thread. It's no surprise that people aren't queing up to help you.
    Yeah that's true, two pages of people that never pulled the fight telling me to read the dungeon journal was extremely helpful, no idea why I wasn't more friendly. Thanks for your insights, you make a good argument!

Pretty sure there wasn't a single useful post in the two pages of drivel, but like I said in the post I don't know what I was looking for considering only about 50 guilds have even seen the fight, although as someone that seems to write in drivel yourself maybe you can extract information that I am unable to see within the garbage.
    Last edited by Applenazi; 2012-10-03 at 12:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Elegon's enrage is extremely tight, you need perfect execution, and I mean PERFECT.

I foresee a health nerf, but would have loved to have spent more than 2 hours attempting him.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Yeah that's true, two pages of people that never pulled the fight telling me to read the dungeon journal was extremely helpful, no idea why I wasn't more friendly. Thanks for your insights, you make a good argument!

Pretty sure there wasn't a single useful post in the two pages of drivel, but like I said in the post I don't know what I was looking for considering only about 50 guilds have even seen the fight, although as someone that seems to write in drivel yourself maybe you can extract information that I am unable to see within the garbage.
    Holy fuck, for someone who apparently only raids 8 hours a week you sure are fucking uppity.
    Finbez
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological
    if only WoW had come out when I was a teenager. Back then online gaming consisted of text-based MUDs....I could type "kill orc" faster than any of my competition, brosephs, and played a mean giantman cleric.

Deleted
    1) Get decent players
    2) Get decent gear
    3) Drop a healer
    4) Get 10 stacks on boss
    5) profit?

Silly to call it "hard" after it being up for 1 night on US realms only imo

The DPS check is tight.. But it doesn't seem bugged. It's a really fun, and well tuned fight imo
    Last edited by Zefinski; 2012-10-03 at 04:06 PM.

I heard from the guild on my server who got world 2nd (I laughed a bit at Oceanic guild getting world 2nd) that the health was bugged and it was triple what it was meant to be, but I don't know.
    Last edited by Glurp; 2012-10-03 at 03:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    I heard from the guild on my server who got world 2nd (I laughed a bit at Oceanic guild getting world 2nd) that the health was bugged and it was triple what it was meant to be, but I don't know.
    Clearly you've never heard of Adept...

http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/...ting.tier10_25
    http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/.../rating.tier11

Too bad they no longer exist...Suit Up is a shadow of its former self.
    Last edited by Desh; 2012-10-03 at 04:13 PM.

Not faceroll =/= Bugged.

It's an extremely tight DPS requirement for being in full blues but completely doable.

Considering it was tuned for much higher iLvl than what most guilds are rolling in there with (463, was tuned for 480-496 on beta?) it is nice to see a normal mode that isn't completely face roll.