Thread: Elegon...

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wekapedia View Post
    LFR Elegon is coming next week.
    No it's not, only the 3 first bosses are released on LFR next reset.
    "Remembrance of things past is not necessarily the remembrance of things as they were."
    Juseeh
    T11 WR: 115, T12 WR: 45, T14 WR:44, T15 WR:37, T16: WR:28

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juicy View Post
    No it's not, only the 3 first bosses are released on LFR next reset.
    Are you sure?
    There was a blue &'#'$%^£ posting this:
    October 7: Mogu'shan Vaults (LFR) opens, those who cleared normal Vaults can access heroic mode
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...96227?page=1#1
    91 lvl Elit Alcoholic Ирез

Quote Originally Posted by valiorik View Post
    Are you sure?
    There was a blue &'#'$%^£ posting this:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...96227?page=1#1
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...raid-schedule/

Wednesday, October 10 - Heroic Mogu'shan Vaults and first half of Mogu'shan Vaults on Raid Finder
    "Remembrance of things past is not necessarily the remembrance of things as they were."
    Juseeh
    T11 WR: 115, T12 WR: 45, T14 WR:44, T15 WR:37, T16: WR:28

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juicy View Post
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...raid-schedule/

Wednesday, October 10 - Heroic Mogu'shan Vaults and first half of Mogu'shan Vaults on Raid Finder
    Oh, blizzard-people are changing their minds as often as girls in menstruation period.
    Thanks..
    91 lvl Elit Alcoholic Ирез

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    What a joke, 10 mans are so bad.

We put in like 15 attempts on 25 man, hit a lot of walls all over.

Go in on the weekend and 1 shot it on 10 man.
    Sounds like you have 10 good players and 15 not so good players like most 25 mans.

Got a kill tonight. Was 9 attempts over 2 hours. Got rank 7 frost DK

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfrosty View Post
    Sounds like you have 10 good players and 15 not so good players like most 25 mans.
    This. I love how so many people use the argument how they killed a boss in 10m after wiping alot in 25 mans when really the reason was probably because they had 10 good players and 15 bad players.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfrosty View Post
    No, sounds like they gave up instantly. We had more than that many tries to just figure out how many sparks we should kill and how the 6 groups need to be split (some classes are really shit at the required burst) so we can actually kill the right amount of sparks (hint, tank/dps/healer monks, but especially tanks, are op for this, so are UH DKs to a certain extent). Wasn't many more but still, expecting to kill a decently hard boss in 15 kills, especially since it actually has the figuring out dps groups part compared to the 10 man equivalent is lol.

---------- Post added 2012-10-08 at 03:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    This. I love how so many people use the argument how they killed a boss in 10m after wiping alot in 25 mans when really the reason was probably because they had 10 good players and 15 bad players.
    The boss in 10 doesn't require the effort of checking who does what dps on sparks. If they have nobody willing to make that effort of course they'll fail.

10 isn't a cake walk compared to 25 no matter what anyone says.

There both tuned pretty damn well, devs did a good job.

Elegon is also one of the best bosses i've seen in a very long time, nice change from FL/DS.

PS: Monk tanks need more survivability, we had our DK respec Blood and do it in DPS gear, Blood is so ridiculous atm.
    Last edited by DeiVias; 2012-10-08 at 04:04 PM.

We split into 2 ten mans this week and last night my group killed Elegon, I think it took us ~10 or so wipes. We also 2 healed it (was rough at the end during burn phase) and overall I have to say that the fight is extremely well tuned, but we beat the enrage timer by a decent chunk tbh. I wish someone would've logged it. We decided to push 4 orbs each time during the orb phase; we tried 3 & 3 but wiped at a realllly low % so we just pushed 4 the next time.

I can't imagine doing this fight on 25 man unless it's with people who actually know what they're doing. I'm glad blizzard made it like this. Kudos to Blizz for bringing a challenge back into the game

Quote Originally Posted by T Man View Post
    yeah and t15 opens in a few months. but you gota clear t14 to get there ;D
    source for this?

Quote Originally Posted by Sprints View Post
    10 isn't a cake walk compared to 25 no matter what anyone says.

There both tuned pretty damn well, devs did a good job.

Elegon is also one of the best bosses i've seen in a very long time, nice change from FL/DS.

PS: Monk tanks need more survivability, we had our DK respec Blood and do it in DPS gear, Blood is so ridiculous atm.
    If a dps dk was tanking better than your brewmaster, your brewmaster is bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Applenazi View Post
    According to my thread here the fight is fine but not a single guild that is currently 4/6 read the dungeon journal, so problem solved!
    You seem like a douche... You're taking credit for other peoples answers and on top act like an entitled ass.

OT: It's just hard, basically a gear check and making sure everyone in your raid (excuse my language) is not a retard. Tbh I'm happy about this, it gives guilds a wall to climb instead of farming for weeks on end :P

Deleted
    We had a total of 19 wipes, before we killed it (10 man). Several of the wipes was due to shit like people falling through the floor or just fucking up.

We had to go with 2 healers and only 1 melee. Swapping around in our setup, until we had every single buff covered. We nailed 5 rounds of spheres and we still didn't make the enrage timer, even though all the dps were pulling between 88-95k dps. We got our kill, cause our Prot Paladin survived with Ardent Defender and then bubbled, while the dots finished Elegon.

It's a hard boss in terms on dps imo and you can't afford even the smallest mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post

We had to go with 2 healers and only 1 melee. Swapping around in our setup, until we had every single buff covered. We nailed 5 rounds of spheres and we still didn't make the enrage timer, even though all the dps were pulling between 88-95k dps. We got our kill, cause our Prot Paladin survived with Ardent Defender and then bubbled, while the dots finished Elegon.

It's a hard boss in terms on dps imo and you can't afford even the smallest mistake.
    Maybe your DPS should L2P says WoL:

http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/play...legon/10N/dps/

Apparently the top 1200ish DPSers were able to hit over 100k (you have to scroll back 30 pages to find someone under 100k). 88-95k dps isn't exactly "good".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tibben View Post

Apparently the top 1200ish DPSers were able to hit over 100k (you have to scroll back 30 pages to find someone under 100k). 88-95k dps isn't exactly "good".
    Depends on what ur doing if you dont understand the fight the first time its not uncommon to only pull 80-95k, Sure Range should do more but realy it depends on what your Group is doing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tibben View Post

Maybe you should L2 behave? Or better yet, why don't you link your own logs?

First of all, I never said our dps was pro but for a first kill, this was enough for us. Not really sure, why you are trying to insult me and I don't really care. But to clarify, since it may not have been clear; We had to bench several core raiders, to make sure, we got every buff covered and also making sure only bringing 1 melee. That meant benching 2 of our core raiders, cause this fight is so melee friendly.

On top of that, 95k isn't exactly that bad either (our lock and hunter both did 100k btw - checked the logs just now). Not when you compare to the amount of guilds who have even killed him.

Anyhow, we got our kill with those numbers, so I guess that was "good enough".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    Maybe you should L2 behave? Or better yet, why don't you link your own logs?

First of all, I never said our dps was pro but for a first kill, this was enough for us. Not really sure, why you are trying to insult me and I don't really care. But to clarify, since it may not have been clear; We had to bench several core raiders, to make sure, we got every buff covered and also making sure only bringing 1 melee. That meant benching 2 of our core raiders, cause this fight is so melee friendly.

On top of that, 95k isn't exactly that bad either (our lock and hunter both did 100k btw - checked the logs just now). Not when you compare to the amount of guilds who have even killed him.

Anyhow, we got our kill with those numbers, so I guess that was "good enough".
    Chill, i don't think he wanted to insult you.

You simply said "EVEN when our DPS were between 85-95k", but that simply isn't that high, that's all hes saying.

He didn't call you shit or anything lol, you simply barely got the minimum DPS to beat the fight, which is again, not exactly high.

Quote Originally Posted by Applenazi View Post
    According to my thread here the fight is fine but not a single guild that is currently 4/6 read the dungeon journal, so problem solved!
    You mean the thread where everyone made you look like a complete fool when you tried to be an ass to a bunch of people who are better than you and have cleared more content? I'm not even sure why you would ever voluntarily link to that, you got served so hard.

OT: Fight is pretty overtuned, but doable obviously.

Deleted
    It'S ridiciculous. We didn't down him in 25m, best try was 3% and it was very hard to get there. After that, we went 10m - and it was soooooooooooooooooooooooooo easy. Really every aspect of the fight is a lot easier in 10m.

I thought they wanted to balance more 25m friendly, but it looks like they totally hate 25m raids. Wonder if we could have saved so much hard work if we simply did everything in 10m.