Here's a list of improvements to Structured PvP and eSports that the PvP Community is looking for in order to develop a competitive enviroment in Guild Wars 2.
This by no means is a list of demands, if not a list of features that we believe are needed to improve players experience when they do PvP, any point here is subject to discussion and if the community believes such feature is not needed, it's going to be removed from the list.
This might help keep ourselves organazied and let know what the community wants from PvP.
If you have any suggestion please comment on this post.
Heart of the Mist
- Dry Bones Light set bugs when toggling the display of the helmet and shoulders.
- Add the possibility to duel.
- Add dummies that heal themselves.
- Give Rank NPC's more options to spend Glory Points (Dyes, Finishes, Mats for the Forge, etc).
- Add the possibility to join as a party.
- Allow 5v5 Hot-Join PvP.
- Add a MMR/ELO System for solo and team queue.
- Add Paid Tournaments.
- Add Custom Tournaments. // This whole feature could be replaced with a Custom Match option //
- Let teams wear their own logo/icon/flag.
- Pause/Unpause or Reset Map.
- In depth Brackets (Single elimination, double elimination, BO3 & BO5 options).
- Players should have the option to invite others team.
- Select the amount of rounds and maps on each.
- Reset the map rotation every week or so.
- Reduce the warm-up time from 5 to 2:30 or progressively reduce by 30s when a player hits "I'm Ready!"
- Add rent servers protected with passwords
- Add a Spectate Friend Option
- Give the possibility to follow the same game by right clicking the name of your friend.
- Player Search
- Filters by Map, ELO/MMR or type of tournament.
- Every tournament should be able to be spectated.
MMR/ELO System Ladder
- Add the possibility to watch replays with friends.
- Possibility to check it online and trough the Wall of Champions.
- Add full roster up to 10 members.
- Add individual stats for each members.
- Add Seasons (6-8 months)
UI Features & Bugs
- Top teams of the season should be rewarded with a special chest.
- Top teams should be rewarded with some icon on the portrait or title depending on their standing.
Map Fixes & Bugs
- Fix the feature where you can see your party member as a blue dot on the minimap.
- Fix the feature that let you see nicknames on the minimap.
- Add better score tracking (Kills, Deaths, Assists & Points).
- Class icons on nameplates.
- Add a sound fx when someone pings on the map.
- Add a LFT chat channel.
- Add a Rank/ELO-MMR display somewhere in the nameplate or target.
Raid of the Capricorn:
Battle of Kyhlo:
- Sharks critical damage is too high, as also the normal damage output.
- Review Sharks mechanic to make it viable for tournaments.
Forest of Niflhel:
- Sometimes when using the trebuchet, players get stuck and even after dying the bug persist, they need to restart the client.
- Add a timer on the Repair Kit.
- Randomly spawning some players on keep.
Fix Salvaging PvP Items giving PvE Materials.