Destruction in raid

Going to be short and sweet with this. I've been having trouble with dps in raids as both aff and destro. Sitting around 360 ilevel. I've played a lock since vanilla and been a progression raider through it all. I'm just not grasping these changes well or something, I only sit around 35-40k in either spec. What are stat priorities? Could I just be totally flubbing the rotation? I'm at the point where I'm just confused. Help or suggestions appreciated.

There are stickies at the top of this forum that go over stats gear and rotations, you would probably find those helpful.
    Cyner#1996

I've gone over them multiple times and still, I wouldn't have made a post if I didn't already attempt things.
    I play destro and it never seems like I'm getting embers. I keep immolate up on and use conflag as it comes up and never use backlash for chaos bolts.
    I play aff keeping dots rolling and using my soulshards as they appear which is pretty rarely. In a two minute period I seem to see < 2 shards. I can't be alone here having problems with dpsing. Is destro just not viable at all, as I said I'm at the point where I'm just frustrated which prompted me to come to the forums and ask for help.

Either way, if you are not able to use the knowledge gained from guides, try to copy some tactics from any bosskill videos. That might not be the best way, because there are mistakes too, but you'll get the idea of saving the cooldowns for the right time.

Anyway, besides using knowledge from guides, there is just the possibility of practice for the sake of improving yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by netherflame View Post
    I've gone over them multiple times and still, I wouldn't have made a post if I didn't already attempt things.
    I play destro and it never seems like I'm getting embers. I keep immolate up on and use conflag as it comes up and never use backlash for chaos bolts.
    I play aff keeping dots rolling and using my soulshards as they appear which is pretty rarely. In a two minute period I seem to see < 2 shards. I can't be alone here having problems with dpsing. Is destro just not viable at all, as I said I'm at the point where I'm just frustrated which prompted me to come to the forums and ask for help.
    This is just my take on locks:
    Demo is the only spec, which is consistenly strong (Decent burst, Decent substained, Good on movement).
    Aff (Very high dps), but is very depended on having a good uptime on MG/DS.
    Destruction atm, feels like it only have a place in niche fights. That is because the other specs are simmed higher.
    While that being said, on for example Feng, all specs are within 10k dps of each other (top logs).

For me, Destruction is very depended on killing adds with Shadowburn, else you will have very few embers. Remember to save your 3-4 embers for bursty moments, during procs etc (And have 4x rdy for execute with Shadowburn).

Affliction is my favorite spec, so I am prob biased - But what you is facing, is RNG, and lack of haste. As these stat increase, you will get more procs.
    A very crucial thing to do here, is to ENSURE; that when you use your Haunt, your must be able to channel MG for the full duration of Haunt.
    Not counting procs etc (Which is very important ofc) - You can actually delay your haunt, put extra long dots up with pandemic (When all dots reach 50% of their original duration, be aware of you alrdy "pandemic dotting" tho!), and then use Haunt and channel MG back to back.

Demo. Well I am new to lock, and this is why I haven't went much into this spec yet, as its more technical. That being said, it works "generally better", than Affliction in my opnion, because it seems to have a place in all fights, where Affliction have the odd fight where it sucks.

Another thing that might hold your back is your Dark Soul usage.

TLDR: Aff Soul Shard generation is kinda low, helps with haste. Ember generation for Destruction is kinda low, helps with haste/crit.

There must be a few things which you can do to improve your dps.

And as this is the most COMMON mistake I think : Use your damm portal, its one of the best tools for ranged in the game, yet 30% of locks refuse to use it!
    Main: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Needle/simple
    Solo char/Alt: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eedlezz/simple
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    Everyone who does not miss Vanilla has no heart. Whoever wishes it back has no brain.

Destro stat priority is almost non-existent, as the above stickies will attest.
    With that said, if you don't like the speed of Ember generation, you can reforge haste>crit. If you want your CB/SB to hit harder during vulnerability, go mastery>crit.

Also, if you never dip too low on mana, try throwing some Fel Flame into the mix (particularly to keep a buffed Immolate going). And if you're nearing a burst phase where you'll blow 4 Embers, fill the last Ember with Fel Flame since you'll regen your entire mana bar by the time you're done casting 4 CBs.