So i got loot from sha, but not my spec?

I could be wrong here, but i thought that loot is supposed to be for your spec? I was shadow for the fight, and the 496 t14 healing gloves dropped.

Per spec is only from quests.

LFR and World bosses will randomly assign you anything from their loot table you can use.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Deleted
    Sha isn't LFR. You don't queue for it, therefore you have no role and will get random gear your class can wear.

---------- Post added 2012-10-03 at 01:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post

LFR and World bosses will randomly assign you anything from their loot table you can use.
    That's a blatant lie. I constantly got Agility gear offered from quests, even though I don't have an Enhancement spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Sha isn't LFR. You don't queue for it, therefore you have no role and will get random gear your class can wear.

That's a blatant lie. I constantly got Agility gear offered from quests, even though I don't have an Enhancement spec.
    As in... anything your class can use. You probably haven't been offered cloth/plate so it's working as intended.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Deleted
    and what is the quest? i keep hearing about it and i have no clue what it is xD

No it's not, you just didn't understand properly.

The dynamic rewards from quests would only offer you something you can actually use. In some cases it would offer you a choice of anything your class could use, regardless of spec. But there are quests, many of them, that will only award you an item that is for the spec you are in when you hand in the quest.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think you get how the quest rewards work. Most quests give you only an item that matches your current spec. If you're elemental or resto, obviously intellect mail.

However, a lot of the later quests start offering you items for all specs (in addition to something for your current spec). Most of the Dread Wastes quests started giving me both tanking and dps gear, but I could only choose one. It's still the same per-class thing, but giving me choice without having to constantly switch specs to see what I get.

You weren't offered agility outside of that kind of quest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    and what is the quest? i keep hearing about it and i have no clue what it is xD
    When you kill the Sha of Anger, and you personaly loot it, you get a "Claw of Anger" - a level 90 quest item that rewards you wth about 50 odd gold, and one set of epic boots that your class can use (you can pick one of 2 boots)
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by razski View Post
    No it's not, you just didn't understand properly.

The dynamic rewards from quests would only offer you something you can actually use. In some cases it would offer you a choice of anything your class could use, regardless of spec. But there are quests, many of them, that will only award you an item that is for the spec you are in when you hand in the quest.
    Perfectly true.

Since priest (class that I'm playing) has 2 sets of gear: one with spirit and one with hit (although spirit=hit but game sees shadow priests as casters who need hit).

Now I was leveling as shadow, and if a quest has multiple reward choices (2 most of the time) one item would be with spirit and other would be with hit. Now if a quest has only one reward choice it would always be the spec you took it with (as I understood).

Deleted
    I killed Sha twice, when I killed it as tank I got the tank tier legs, and when I killed it as DPS I got the DPS tier legs. A priest in my guild healed it, and got the healing tier gloves. I have never seen anyone get a piece of loot from him that's not for their spec.

Well, i did. I think maybe just your and your guildy got lucky based on the other comments in this thread.

Oh well, at least the healing tier gloves are usable by shadow

Last I checked it's supposed to be spec specific loot, but I guess since you don't really have a role for a world boss it might give you something else, in any case I dpsed and got dps tier legs earlier(used a coin so that might matter?), haven't seen anyone get anything other than what they were.
    Last edited by IRunSoFarAway; 2012-10-03 at 01:16 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shedi View Post
    I killed Sha twice, when I killed it as tank I got the tank tier legs, and when I killed it as DPS I got the DPS tier legs. A priest in my guild healed it, and got the healing tier gloves. I have never seen anyone get a piece of loot from him that's not for their spec.
    Wanna share your luck please? You seems too lucky imho, I sense a nerf incoming.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post

No, that is not true. In the case of Sha you are suppose to get loot that is associated to what spec you had during the fight. Talked to GM's about it. The problem is when you also do damage during the fight. The generator will/can think that you are a dps. That is why a disc-priest really have a hard time getting healing loot, if you are using smite/holy fire atonement for some of the healing. As a holy-priest with the Mindbender-pet I can only say, don't use it during the fight. You don't want to do anything that can "trigger" the dps-loot from dropping.

Ones you get loot, you can never change it. Writing tickets is useless and they will not change the item. So try to manipulate the system into getting the loot you want as much as you can.

It really annoys me when people keep writing stuff like:
    That is simply not true at all, and if you did your research you'd know that. So why write an answer to a question and simple assume stuff? This is how rumors and misconceptions get started.
    Last edited by Glittra; 2012-10-12 at 06:37 PM.