Heroic Rag 10 man, how many?

Ok so myself and some friends want to get the pure blood.

How many people do you think you would need to clear each boss in the raid?

As it stands we have this "so far".

Myself blood/frost dk

- one other blood/frost dk
    - one resto Druid
    - one Mage
    - one feral Druid

Think 5 people will be enough for each fight? If not please let me know.

Do me a favor and don't correct my spelling/grammar. I browse this site with a cell phone. Try harder next time to be an ass.

Deleted
    Afaik mount drops were reduced by the time MoP arrived, it's droprate is now around 1% as they did exactly the same thing as with Mimirons head and Invincibles reins.

If you want to kill it in spite of droprate nerf 5 will be enough for aly, bethilac, shannox and rhyolith, IMO baleroc will be bit harder and domo will be pure pain as you will have him in cat all the time.

Yeah, the main issue may be Domo; not enough people will be able to group up to force him into scorpion. This means he'll very quickly be constantly jumping around, spawning hundreds of adds and placing fire all over the place.

I think you need 7 people to be stacked up in order to force him into scorpion? Or is it 8? So that'd be the minimum really, at least for that boss.

Deleted
    You need 7 ppl to force him to turn into scorpion.

On rag the adds will be a problem with less people. I know dps is higher but cast times etc with adds spawning close to the hammer will leave you in strife imo.

Deleted
    With current healthpools 1 or 2 adds exploding should not be an issue.

Do you have a source for the 1% drop rate? if so, damn
    Last edited by scdogg44; 2012-10-03 at 12:56 PM.

Do me a favor and don't correct my spelling/grammar. I browse this site with a cell phone. Try harder next time to be an ass.

Is it even worth doing heroic rag if the drop chance is 1%? Doesn't normal rag drop it too at the same drop rate?

Quote Originally Posted by SKOTy View Post
    With current healthpools 1 or 2 adds exploding should not be an issue.
    500k is still a oneshot even with current healthpools.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    500k is still a oneshot even with current healthpools.
    I messed up normal and heroic, sorry.

Blizz did it as cata started so it seems logical to do that in MoP, also I've seen that somewhere in the blues, try browsing blues on MMO, you will it somewhere.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by scdogg44 View Post
    Blue post, you should find it there in MMO-C.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherling View Post
    Is it even worth doing heroic rag if the drop chance is 1%? Doesn't normal rag drop it too at the same drop rate?
    Normal rag has never dropped this mount... And with "never" I mean "it was never intended to drop this mount but...".

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Italiandk View Post
    Blue post, you should find it there in MMO-C.

Normal rag has never dropped this mount... And with "never" I mean "it was never intended to drop this mount but...".
    It always had a low droprate on normal, since the release of Firelands.

Unless you're not referring to the 100% droprate bug on normal.
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spellweaver View Post
    It always had a low droprate on normal, since the release of Firelands.

Unless you're not referring to the 100% droprate bug on normal.
    Yeah, I misread the post I was referring to. My bad, you are totally right.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Yeah, the main issue may be Domo; not enough people will be able to group up to force him into scorpion. This means he'll very quickly be constantly jumping around, spawning hundreds of adds and placing fire all over the place.

I think you need 7 people to be stacked up in order to force him into scorpion? Or is it 8? So that'd be the minimum really, at least for that boss.
    If I remember correctly he absolutely will not leap on melee classes, so if you can't get 7 to force a shapeshift you might be able to try that instead. Only thing would be having a tank that has good enough self healing that they don't need to have a healer.

Quote Originally Posted by scdogg44 View Post
    Blues have said it multiple times, you should take a look at the blue tracker once every so often.

@OP if people know how to play, 5 should be good. Domo in cat all the time isnt a problem, its actually a legitimate strategy. You can keep moving him so the fire isnt such a big deal.

Is it confirmed that it doesnt drop anymore? Cuz blizz says alot of things they don't do afterward :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cedimedi View Post
    Is it confirmed that it doesnt drop anymore? Cuz blizz says alot of things they don't do afterward :/
    i never saw anything definitive saying that it was reduced, i saw a news post on wowhead where they said they may lower it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry_David
    "from injustise comes justise"

-huangzhong9

Quote Originally Posted by huangzhong9 View Post
    i never saw anything definitive saying that it was reduced, i saw a news post on wowhead where they said they may lower it.
    Yeah, I've been wondering if they did it. I saw for hotfix they did the BoT immortal ach and that was removed, But I didn't see anything about the mounts. So they might still be at @100%

10+ Year Old Account
    There was a blue posts saying that once Mists went live, it would be reduced to the same 1% drop rate that other comparable heroic mounts had (Invincible, Mim's Head, etc). The post was made right around the time -- perhaps in the same one -- when they said the 100% normal drop rate was an unintended bug.

That said, I haven't killed him since Mists, so I can't say for sure it has definitely been changed. But even if it has, the mount wasn't removed, it's just a rare chance rather than guaranteed.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    If I remember correctly he absolutely will not leap on melee classes, so if you can't get 7 to force a shapeshift you might be able to try that instead. Only thing would be having a tank that has good enough self healing that they don't need to have a healer.
    I have seen him jump in melee if there are not enough targets at range. I think it's a similar mechanic to the vomit in ICC from Festergut, not enough people at range, melee get vomit. I'm not sure how many people need to be at range though.

There was a blue post confirming that both the DW Madness heroic mount and the Ragnaros heroic mount drops were going to 1% when MoP hit. Unless you're going for meta achievements, there's no reason to kill heroic over normal mode Firelands for mounts now. The Life Binder's Handmaiden is still a heroic only drop chance though, like Invincible and Mimi's Head.