Thread: Acension

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Has anyone in this thread actually read the tooltip. If power strikes takes you over 4 chi then a Chi sphere will go on the ground, so you can go and pick it up once you spend your chi.
    I know that's what it seems to be saying, but that doesn't track with my observations about using it. There have been times when I've had 2 Chi, used Jab, and seen the "+2 Chi" and "+1 Chi" messages scroll up that indicate a Power Strikes usage, but no Chi Sphere was generated.

From a more careful reading of Power Strikes, it seems to indicate that if you're at max Chi when you use Jab that would generate a Power Strike, then you will get a Chi Sphere. But why you're using Jab at full Chi is beyond me.

So, yes, we have read the tooltip. But the gameplay doesn't seem to align with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    The answer there is 'don't chain 2 jabs together at the start of a fight', but hey.
    Yeah, I don't get it. You have plenty of time during the first jab's gcd to notice if power strikes proc'ed or not. And it's even easier if it's at the start of the fight because you know it's guaranteed to proc.