Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The first 4 were pretty easy, I can see Stone Guard being a nice block to pugs however.

Elegon was nicely tuned. DPS check was tight for normal modes and I think a lot of guilds expecting to faceroll normal modes will come to a nice halt on this one. Requires a fair bit of strat tuning, but was definitely rewarding to kill.

Will of the Emperor doesn't seem too bad thus far. Spent 30mins on it last night; a lot of repetition but mainly revolves around learning the Devastating Combo attacks and being able to avoid them every time, after that I don't see it being an issue. The adds didn't pose much of an issue throughout the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Zues View Post
    What? We 3 healed it just fine. Hit enrage and killed him 15 seconds into it, but all he does is a bit more damage.
    He has a 20% frenzy, that's not the same thing as an enrage.
    His enrage is like ultraxions, he starts casting it and once it finishes he kills everyone, so I doubt that was what you lived through.

Deleted
    We killed the first two bosses in a few tries. Was fun.

How are you guys dealing with who goes into the spirit world at Gara'jal?

For the current gear level it feels rather hard, can't really compare it to start of T11 as I raid much more seriously now.

We killed the 3 first today then called it due to getting late. Stone guard was nothing special, shit loads of shiny with shards + void zone but once the taunts worked out it was rather easy. Feng was really really hard until we understood that you could use the blue shield to absorb the fire when he draws it to him, easy one shot when we started doing that. Wiped 2 times on Gara'jal with 3 healers due to reaching his enrage so we went with 2 healers and got a rather easy kill.

Only did one pull on spirit kings (ninja pull while some where tabbed out) but still managed to reach the last boss and get him to 60% so that is going down easily for sure when we come back tomorrow.

I've only done 25man so far, first and third bosses were a joke, second took people waking up. Seems decent so far, I don't believe t11 was difficult at all either however.

eh, it's much easier. elegon is a bit overtuned, but meh.

They were about the same imo. Perhaps a bit easier.

We're currently 4/6 (10) and are working on elegon. Pretty tough dps check but I'm pretty confident we'll have it down next raid. Worked on him for about 45 mins last night and best attempt was 65% with 4 mins left on enrage. Manged to kill 4 sets of energy charges in the first transition. Just need to keep it steady till 3 and go nuts on the dps then. Pretty fun fight.

4 shot Stone Guards
    4 shot feng
    5 shot Gara'jal
    2 shot Four Kings
    6 wipes on Elegon

I'm really looking forward to heroic modes.

One thing that people should keep in mind is that this is "entry" level tier 14. I would put this on par with Conclave/halfus/magmaw normal prenerf. If you pay attention, you will down the bosses in a reasonable amount of time. We'll see how the other 2 raids pan out, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hard to say, we're all so poorly geared!

Stone guard gave us some trouble, but over all the normal modes seem much easier than t11.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daverid View Post
    T11 Heroic was extremely long, challenging and unforgiving. I did it in 25man, so naturally it would have been easier (Some of the fights but probably a majority) in 10man and based off these Normals I'm expecting some extremely 'Clusterfucky' and very intense Hard Modes.
    The general consensus in retrospect has seemed to be that T11 was tuned to overall be harder for 10m at launch.

(Personal experience: started T11 with 9/13 in a 25s guild, then switched to a far better 10s guild and did the rest. 10s felt tougher on average.)
    Last edited by Nakkí; 2012-10-04 at 09:02 AM.
    Nakkiz of Memento <EU-Frostwhisper>

Quote Originally Posted by Aerai View Post
    Stone Guard was confusing at first for tanks as their is a LOT of swapping. Feng is managing raid cool downs. Gara'Jal as a tank I really have little idea of wtf is going on for most of that fight. Spirit Kings were really easy as long as your raid dodges everything.

We haven't beat Elegon but he has a mean DPS requirement to beat enrage. So does Gara'Jal to an extent as you can't 3 heal it.

Overall I find them much more mechanically complicated than T11 but difficulty wise very similar.
    We 3 healed Gara'jal and beat the enrage just fine. Both 2 and 3 healing is fine, you just have to find a balance between boss and add damadge and what is healable for your healers. With 3 healers we were able to stop going down completely with the boss at 50% and only the last 5-10 seconds the raid damadge started getting high enough to warrant some cd's.

That said this seems to be harder then t12/t13. I can't say for sure about t11, it's too long ago. But I imagine they're quite equal, perhaps t14 slightly eassier. But this is only first day and on normal, can't draw many conclusions from that.

Deleted
    3 shot stone guards
    5 shot feng
    wiped rest of the night on gara'jal (20% best try)

can't really say if t11 was more difficult cause i can't recall how much i clered the 1st week back then. also i played dps back then instead of healer.
    atm i like the dificulty of MOP raiding it's alot more challeging then DS normal mode, and i can't wait to start the normal modes.
    also i could've probably killed more bosses but cause of internal problems in my guild we kinda in a slack mode atm (GM and officer are from Iran and banhammer has hit them)

but apart from it all, imo it is hard to compare it cause we haven't seen the whole tier on live yet and we only had 1 raiding night thusfar in EU.

Easier for sure. Just slightly diff mechanics is all.

Quote Originally Posted by LuminousAether View Post
    25 man T11 was easier than 10 man T11. MUCH easier. Every single fight.
    Counting heroic fights of course, Al'akir, Valiona & Theralion, Cho'gall, Ascendant Council, in my opinion, were much harder on 25 man. I did both, 25s on main and 10s on alts and we killed many of these bosses on 10 mans with far less gear and alts we didn't play as much as our mains.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LuminousAether View Post
    25 man T11 was easier than 10 man T11. MUCH easier. Every single fight.

---------- Post added 2012-10-03 at 08:16 PM ----------

Haha not this again.. I doubt you have ever raided competatively in 25man.. Also 25m heroic Council was one of the hardest fights of whole the expansion..

First 4 bosses are manageable in a raid that plays well together. Elegon is another league at the moment; he is very hard with current gear.
    But keep in mind that only a few epics will boost your dps extremly (one fellow raider has four crafted epics and does 10k more dps (raid&simc).

elegon is seriously tough. on the level as some of the easier t11 heroics, but on a normal difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Zabyt View Post
    Haha not this again.. I doubt you have ever raided competatively in 25man.. Also 25m heroic Council was one of the hardest fights of whole the expansion..
    ^ This.

So far I'm enjoying the new tier. I've only seen the first two bosses but both have been very enjoyable to me, the main tank. I do wish I had gotten to learn the fight on 10m though, as dealing with 4 dogs was a bit of a pain in the ass at first and I hear 10m just deals with 3.

Stealing abilities from Feng and using them to counter other abilities is also an interesting mechanic. Keeps me on my toes.

I'm excited to clear the rest of the raid and work on heroics before the next two raids are released at the end of the month.

Normal modes are much easier than Tier 11 Normal modes.

The first 4 bosses are jokes on normal... like, normal Magmaw level.
    Elegon just required a little coordination and a few decent dps. In a few weeks, when everyone and their mom is decked out in 476+ (LFR) gear and VP gear, it will be a joke. Will of the Emperor is even easier, just requires tanks who don't backpeddle.

If you think Tier 14 is harder than Tier 11, then you obviously didn't do Tier 11 the first or second week the content was released. Please don't compare the first week of Tier 14 (omg these fights are so hard in blues!) to Tier 11 when you were decked out in purples.

I like apples and I like oranges. Lets not compare them though.