Deleted

Red face Healing dungeons: Holy or Disc?

So I am planning on healing dungeons to level my alt priest, I was just wondering which healing spec would be best for Dungeons?

I levelled one to 85 at the start of Cata, went Disc the whole way and had a blast! From trying the changes just before MOP came out, I think it'd be slightly better now. Once you get to MoP though, I've no idea, sorry - I'm sure others can tell you about 86-90 though.

I have a 85 priest aswell,lvled him in dungeons all the way in disc.Its realy easy!

I was disc up until a few nights ago. Perhaps I was doing something wrong (I play Shadow as MS) but I often felt myself low on mana trying to put green back into HP bars. I can shield people all day long but DI/GH spam gets costly and shields can only do so much.

That said, I went to Holy and picked up Cascade and really enjoy it. I find mana no longer to be an issue and filling HP bars is a lot easier. I have been disc since the middle of Wrath, but have no regrets at this moment. I may pick up disc later and try again, but for now, I like Holy for 5-mans. I think Disc would still be highly valuable or even a necessity in any raid environment.

As always, your 5-man PUG varies greatly.
    Disc/Shadow Priest

Deleted
    Ok, thank you all for reply's

Deleted
    Levelled as Disc, had mana issues, tried holy, mana is easy now :P
    Im definitely going holy from the start of levelling on my 2nd Priest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Disc is more fun if you ask me. Holy has less mana issues but that's mostly because Holy doesn't have atonement. It's really an apple / orange type problem here, some people do better as one and some do better as the other, some people have more fun as one and so on.

I've been doing dungeons as a disc now and holy fire/smite spam is the gofer style for me. MPH values on those spells are ridiculous compared to other spells, especially when glyphed.

When you spec from darkness, comes light you get alot of procs for free flash heal that you can use for spirit shell. Stack spirit over int and you should be fine. Don't think you are gonna have sp issues if the pulls stay moderate.

With full 5-man hc gear now I can spam smite all the time and deal quite a bit of damage on bosses and trash to make the dungeons through faster. Did the same thing when I was still leveling and doing dungeons. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Vilbu View Post
    With full 5-man hc gear now I can spam smite all the time and deal quite a bit of damage on bosses and trash to make the dungeons through faster. Did the same thing when I was still leveling and doing dungeons. Good luck!
    Maybe it's just dumb luck, but smite spamming can't help baddies in dungeons as well as a lightwell shooting out heals alongside of you. It may be nice if there was a glyph to spread the atonement heal across all members within 25 yards as a smart heal. I think once people learn the mechanics (they will almost always stand in the fire!) Disc should regain some usability by me. For what it's worth, I was NOT specced into Mindbender as Disc, but I am now for Holy. I think if I had this for Disc, it would be more viable for sure as the mana returns every 60s are great.
    Disc/Shadow Priest