Page 43 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adt View Post
    Dyrus "looked" during a pause, saw nothing, and afaik, i'm 99% sure the game was reset due to both teams looking. He was warned and didn't do it again. (bare in mind he only looked to confirm whether they could see a minimap during the pause). Azubu Frost were also warned, YET they still looked... I'm not going into any more detail, riot summed it perfectly when they decided to fine azubu and let all the toher teams off, just confirms that they cheated, and I just wish they'd had the backbone to DQ Azubu. alas, as I said before, asian community is too big to piss off by DQing one of their top teams.
    This is an Asian team remember. If AF isn't in for hell when they get back to Korea, Woong surely will be. I wouldn't be surprised if they replace him for season 3. Could be Riot is banking on harsher punishments from the Korean league tournament managers.
    Last edited by Axethor; 2012-10-11 at 07:53 AM.

The minimap was supposed to be blacked out, but it wasn't.

http://bambuser.com/v/3036077

16:53:50
    Last edited by xxdrew; 2012-10-11 at 07:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xxdrew View Post
    The minimap was supposed to be blacked out, but it wasn't.
    When Dyrus looked? Yeah, it was. When Woong looked they were in game still. Minimap isn't blackout out when the game is going on.

Check the link I just posted, from the korean stream

edit: http://bambuser.com/v/3036077 in case you don't want to go back a page

Scarra (others probably mentioned it as well) explained in after tournament inteview how bad the LoL infrastructure in NA is compared to Korea. There are 2-3 teams they can skrim for practice in NA and even those don't practice seriously most of the time. If TSM didn't scrim with them, thery would have nobody to train with before the tournament. If you look at CLG NA or Curse they streamed solo queue almost every day instead of focusing on world champ, most teams don't have coach and just wing it by themselves ...

Compare it to Asia where is big pool of teams that scim each other every day. Where teams have coaches that analyse champs and comps for them on top of preparing them mentally. The championship was for asians to lose.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    This is an Asian team remember. If AF isn't in for hell when they get back to Korea, Woong surely will be. I wouldn't be surprised if they replace him for season 3. Could be Riot is banking on harsher punishments from the Korean league tournament managers.
    Maybe so, still a kick in the teeth to all the other teams in the tournament and the fans though, just to see it "slide" so easily.
    I mean, after they DQ'd Dignitas and Curse for "alleged collusion", you'd think they would have no probles DQing for something as blatant as this with hard proof from multiple angles ;(

I'm just bitter. Better luck next season I guess, let's just hope wick'd expands his champ pool a bit more.

On topic: Not only do I hope TPA win this to "avenge" .EU, but if AF go on to win this tournament... well let's just say I can forsee a major shitstorm following, questioning riot's place in e-sports, and the legitimacy of the game.(bet the dota2/sc2 fanboys are loving this :P)

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just really, really saddens me that the finals is going to be 2 Asian teams.. Not that I mind an Asian winner, i just loose all interest not having someone to cheer for in the finals.

buuuuuuh uuuh!!

MLG was who DQed dignitas and curse, not riot

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe so, still a kick in the teeth to all the other teams in the tournament and the fans though, just to see it "slide" so easily.
    I mean, after they DQ'd Dignitas and Curse for "alleged collusion", you'd think they would have no probles DQing for something as blatant as this with hard proof from multiple angles ;(

I'm just bitter. Better luck next season I guess, let's just hope wick'd expands his champ pool a bit more.

On topic: Not only do I hope TPA win this to "avenge" .EU, but if AF go on to win this tournament... well let's just say I can forsee a major shitstorm following, questioning riot's place in e-sports, and the legitimacy of the game.(bet the dota2/sc2 fanboys are loving this :P)
    The difference there is it's MLG's tournament with MLG's rules. Riot didn't give out the punishment.

And if AF does win the DOTA and SC2 fans can just laugh at nothing because AF will have won fairly even though they were found cheating. No one can doubt that game 2 of the TSM game and these semi-finals were well deserved wins. All the Asian teams are just a step above the other two regions, and unless something changes for season three I expect them to dominate the world finals again next year, probably with Azubu Frost on top.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    The difference there is it's MLG's tournament with MLG's rules. Riot didn't give out the punishment.

And if AF does win the DOTA and SC2 fans can just laugh at nothing because AF will have won fairly even though they were found cheating. No one can doubt that game 2 of the TSM game and these semi-finals were well deserved wins. All the Asian teams are just a step above the other two regions, and unless something changes for season three I expect them to dominate the world finals again next year, probably with Azubu Frost on top.
    Or Riot will have to put an asterisk in their victory, assuming they go the way of NASCAR and let AF keep their championship if they get it.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Deleted
    Really dissapointing to see that CLG.eu lost, it must be because I missed the game due to no wi-fi in the train!
    Yeah right lolol
    Oh well, guess we'll have some nice games for the final. Still dissapointed in the EU teams.

Quote Originally Posted by xxdrew View Post
    MLG was who DQed dignitas and curse, not riot
    Not true. They made it abundantly clear through their various twitter accounts that they asked Riot what they wanted to do about it, and Riot decided to DQ them. MLG literally stuck their thumbs up their collective asses.

Nah, MLG decided, it was their event, they told riot what their plan was, and Riot agreed to it.

Nunu + Vayne <3

Always a pleasure seeing your favorite AD carry shredding teams apart in a championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Not true. They made it abundantly clear through their various twitter accounts that they asked Riot what they wanted to do about it, and Riot decided to DQ them. MLG literally stuck their thumbs up their collective asses.
    MLG definitely called the shots, a Riot member posted a while later and said "We agreed with MLGs decision"

Had to watch the replays today because no way I could stay up on a weeknight to watch matches starting at 2am >.< but good stuff. Shocked to see M5 go out really, honestly I didnt think anyone could beat them, their 2nd game comp was kinda horrible though.

Shame to see CLG out too, such a strong team when it comes to movement and thats one of the reasons they rarely lose late game. They stay as 5 and just dont get caught and dont fight unless they want to. That first game vs AF they basically embarrased them with how easily they disengaged and then destroyed them, it was one of the most dominating performances you'll ever see in terms of how to outplay 5v5.

Gonna be a good final, guess my money is on AF, I just know more about them and have been pretty impressed, but undoubtedly it will be a great great game.

One of the big reasons that its an all Asian final is the Asian AD carries, theyre so superior to the EU/NA ones. They just always win bottom lane and outfarm the enemy AD by miles. Its definitely one of CLG.eu's biggest weaknesses imo, Yellowpete just cannot hold/win a lane, so if Wickd doesnt win his lane then they've pretty much lost, Froggen can carry but not if he is the only one to win/hold his lane.

EU/NA carries have to get so much better (although NA bottom lanes arent as bad as EU ones perhaps, but thats because theyve got double Asian bottom laners really!) if they want to compete fully vs Asia.
    Last edited by Xanjori; 2012-10-11 at 10:42 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you value your life, be somewhere else
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    One of the big reasons that its an all Asian final is the Asian AD carries, theyre so superior to the EU/NA ones. They just always win bottom lane and outfarm the enemy AD by miles. Its definitely one of CLG.eu's biggest weaknesses imo, Yellowpete just cannot hold/win a lane, so if Wickd doesnt win his lane then they've pretty much lost, Froggen can carry but not if he is the only one to win/hold his lane.
    The same for m5. Their immortal zombie jesus kog didn't work in game 2 because he was so far behind...

Overall AD perfomance mekes me happy. Vayne made her appearance, yay. MF and kog proved to be strong too. Just nerf the damn ezreal and we'll see so much more diversity.
    In Soviet Russia banks rob you! Oh, wait a second...

10+ Year Old Account

LoL really has nothing to do with sc2. The sc2 community is like hey, that's cool that you got yourself an Esport there, but LoL is in no way a direct competition to sc2. The two games are entirely different, so I would go out on a limb and say the sc2 fans don't really give a shit about the world finals. I know I don't care about the GSL much as a LoL fan, I can't see why they would care about the world finals. As for Dota, ya they are probably enjoying this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    Scarra (others probably mentioned it as well) explained in after tournament inteview how bad the LoL infrastructure in NA is compared to Korea. There are 2-3 teams they can skrim for practice in NA and even those don't practice seriously most of the time. If TSM didn't scrim with them, thery would have nobody to train with before the tournament. If you look at CLG NA or Curse they streamed solo queue almost every day instead of focusing on world champ, most teams don't have coach and just wing it by themselves ...

Compare it to Asia where is big pool of teams that scim each other every day. Where teams have coaches that analyse champs and comps for them on top of preparing them mentally. The championship was for asians to lose.
    It's really odd to me that the US and EU can't seem to get that kind of scene. You're right though that it won't improve without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Counselwolf View Post
    It's really odd to me that the US and EU can't seem to get that kind of scene. You're right though that it won't improve without it.
    Riot is supposed to announce measures how to change this in season 3. Amateur teams should get a league to play in and top teams from there should have a chance to transition to pro scene. We will know more after the championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    LoL really has nothing to do with sc2. The sc2 community is like hey, that's cool that you got yourself an Esport there, but LoL is in no way a direct competition to sc2. The two games are entirely different, so I would go out on a limb and say the sc2 fans don't really give a shit about the world finals. I know I don't care about the GSL much as a LoL fan, I can't see why they would care about the world finals. As for Dota, ya they are probably enjoying this.
    I think the biggest flaw of Dota2 is that it's not very spectator friendly and rise or fall of LoL has little effect on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    One of the big reasons that its an all Asian final is the Asian AD carries, theyre so superior to the EU/NA ones. They just always win bottom lane and outfarm the enemy AD by miles.
    Thing to note is that asian teams give much more credit to bottom supports compared to NA/EU. Maybe a bit of the bot domination comes from that.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    Thing to note is that asian teams give much more credit to bottom supports compared to NA/EU. Maybe a bit of the bot domination comes from that.
    I'm not sure about that, krepo and gosu to pick the 2 losing semifinalists are both excellent supports and I really haven't seen anyone not give them credit for affecting the games.

I think the biggest thing that separated the styles was the asian teams willingness to go 4 or 5 in a lane in the first couple of minutes, give the opposition no farm time at all. CLG EU showed how that might get countered (ultra defensive playing for late), but you would need 100s of games to be able to get it right, which brings us back to the practice schedules and coaching part of the argument again.

Perhaps the Eu/US teams should take a leaf out of football's book and hire a foreign coach if they lack sufficient national expertise.