Page 45 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    Anyone know where I can find the semi-final vids? The only ones on youtube are horrid quality.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/LoLeventVoDs check there.

Thank you!

"There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    "Elo Hell is where the Ego is greater than the Elo." -Bystekhilcar

So guys today is the day go TPA!!!!!!!!!

I have tried to look around the time for the last match but I can't find it..

Anyone knows when the last match starts in UK time(GMT+1)?

17:30Grand Finals: TPA vs Azubu for GMT-7 is what it says on the website.

Dunno when it'll be in UK time. Guessing really late at night, like usual.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldcloc...p10=&p11=&p12=

If this is right, then at 1:30 AM.
    Last edited by personn5; 2012-10-13 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    I think the biggest flaw of Dota2 is that it's not very spectator friendly and rise or fall of LoL has little effect on that.
    Install Steam, install the DotA 2 spectator client, watch a few games and say that again.

I mean really, you can argue about the merits of each when it comes to gameplay all you want.
    But there is no way DotA is less spectator friendly somehow. If you somehow meant that it's "hard to understand" or "get into" then just say that instead.

Quote Originally Posted by personn5 View Post
    17:30Grand Finals: TPA vs Azubu for GMT-7 is what it says on the website.

Dunno when it'll be in UK time. Guessing really late at night, like usual.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldcloc...p10=&p11=&p12=

If this is right, then at 1:30 AM.
    Wow.... 1:30am... That's really late. D:

I guess I'll stay up.

Thanks.

Oh nice, looks like they brought it forward 90 minutes, It was originally scheduled for 19:00 local time. That makes it suck slightly less for Europeans.

They are doing a show match before the finals too. Said something about having a mix of the worlds best players. So I'm hoping for some more froggen and some more maknoon. It will probably push the finals back a it depending on when it starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    They are doing a show match before the finals too. Said something about having a mix of the worlds best players. So I'm hoping for some more froggen and some more maknoon. It will probably push the finals back a it depending on when it starts.
    I'd love a blind pick, or a no-bans game, where we'd see froggen's anivia, maknoon's shen, etc.

Basically everyone playing the champs they are renowned for.

Quote Originally Posted by sarasun View Post
    I'd love a blind pick, or a no-bans game, where we'd see froggen's anivia, maknoon's shen, etc.

Basically everyone playing the champs they are renowned for.
    That would be amazing, also because no one would focus on just picking to counter but would instead pick champions they just want to play and have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    That would be amazing, also because no one would focus on just picking to counter but would instead pick champions they just want to play and have fun.
    I don't know ... last time I saw blind pick it was a mirror match. It was not overly exciting to see same comps fighting each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Install Steam, install the DotA 2 spectator client, watch a few games and say that again.

I mean really, you can argue about the merits of each when it comes to gameplay all you want.
    But there is no way DotA is less spectator friendly somehow. If you somehow meant that it's "hard to understand" or "get into" then just say that instead.
    I am saying it from the pov of stream spectating. "Hard to understand" plays a role in that.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

I am saying it from the pov of stream spectating. "Hard to understand" plays a role in that.
    Then you're just inexperienced, please say "casual spectator friendly" or "random people spectator friendly" or "inexperienced spectator friendly" to express what you actually mean next time.

Then you're just inexperienced, please say "casual spectator friendly" or "random people spectator friendly" or "inexperienced spectator friendly" to express what you actually mean next time.
    I have used the expression hundred times and you are the first person who has problem with it. The casual/random/inexperienced is expressed in the friendly word. You can spectate SC2, LOL, MTG, etc with no knowledge and still have fun. Those are spectator friendly games.

LOL with no knowledge and still have fun.
    I'm not sure just how much of that is actually true and how much of that is bias because you know how the game works.
    Those are spectator friendly games.
    But spectators are, most of the time, informed people. It's not like soccer where you just turn on the TV and flip through channels and it's there, you pretty much have to go actively looking for streams when it comes to games.

No one that doesn't play LoL, watches LoL. The same goes for any moba. In that context, it's different from soccer. Soccer and American Football are cultural sports. Egames arent part of a history or culture. Perhaps in a hundred years, we'll have cyber soccer, Cyber American Football and LoL, on television, default, as something that everyone watches. Right now, everyone that watches has some sort of understanding of how the game works and for others, it's the perfect time to get introduced to it. And that goes for other MOBA's as well.

I myself stopped playing at lvl 11, but the championships ignited my fever again and I'm slowly learning and growing, by making mistakes and analysing the things I do not know yet. Watching is the same. You see someone do something that you wouldn't have imaged possible, or are simply surprised by, so you learn form seeing others play.

Did you just say spectating magic the gathering? I wonder how exciting that is..

They picked Ocelote for the allstar game :/

I respect him but tbh he is like the worst mid in the tournament except for maybe jiji.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollspwn View Post
    They picked Ocelote for the allstar game :/

I respect him but tbh he is like the worst mid in the tournament except for maybe jiji.
    He is the most passionate and can play extremely well if in the mood. Also his stream doesnt really reflect his quality as a player imo, he spends a lot of time putting on a show for the fan.
    [08:44:11] Kurioxan: as long they get big im alright with that

http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=MMOC-GenOT

I'm not sure just how much of that is actually true and how much of that is bias because you know how the game works.

But spectators are, most of the time, informed people. It's not like soccer where you just turn on the TV and flip through channels and it's there, you pretty much have to go actively looking for streams when it comes to games.
    You don't have to go actively looking anymore ... just go to twitch.tv or own3d.tv and browse channels like you would browse normal TV. And if you truly believe that Dota2 is as spectator friendly as LoL or SC2 then maybe lucky us ... more interesting stuff to possibly watch on streams. I am not convinced.

You don't have to go actively looking anymore ... just go to twitch.tv or own3d.tv and browse channels like you would browse normal TV.
    And just randomly flip to some MOBA you have no idea how it works and watch it?
    And if you truly believe that Dota2 is as spectator friendly as LoL or SC2 then maybe lucky us ... more interesting stuff to possibly watch on streams. I am not convinced.
    I'm gonna go ahead and claim that this is bias simply because you don't like DotA 2. I mean I could be ambiguous about it but why not, that's what I think it really is.