Page 28 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Don't you guys think this is as much a fail on Riot's part for having such a sloppy, easily gamed and cheat-able set up?

Not saying the team aren't to blame in part. Could have been the better sportsmen and not cheated/peaked. But still. The tournament was not handled or set up in a way that was... erm, awesome.

Feel like Riot dropped the ball on this one a bit.
    Absolutely agree. Other esports use booths for a damn reason, riot's attempting to be a special snowflake really bit them in the ass. Soundproofing isn't the only reason the booths are there(and even then, there's no way in hell soundproof headphones do enough).

---------- Post added 2012-10-07 at 06:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Blackroo View Post
    . It's just pathetic that you cant have a civil game without anyone peeking or whatever, disgraceful
    Want to bet a million dollars on someone not peeking? Didn't think so.

Deleted
    They really need to do something about this cos otherwise they're gonna look like jokers

Honestly it must be damn hard not to turn head 90 degrees and see enemy position. Everyone says sportmanship this and that, but all you have to do is glance to left/right. With all the money and pressure on the line ... I don't know. Overall new league, mistakes happen ...

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Deleted
    Those DQs at MLG were bad enough of a retarded joke, this situation ridicules LOL as an e-sport even further... :/

As for the sportsmanship... Yeah, it's not cool the teams did peek - but the hell, Riot is much more at fault than any of the teams using the opportunity. I mean, if during the world football championship match the referee walked up to either of the teams' captains and asked if they wanted him to call some unfair penalty shots in their favour who would be really one at the fault there if the captain did agree...? (Please, spare me the obvious Barcelona jokes here.)
    Last edited by mmocab3a46fee3; 2012-10-07 at 06:09 PM.

@Caine, they broke the rules, I am afraid its black and white, sure riot fucked up, but these teams also accepted rules and once they break them, what ever punishment is given out is fair (assuming the punishment is harsh enough that is.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you value your life, be somewhere else
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackroo View Post
    No doubt, but we fail; and hopefully learn from it. I understand why Riot didn't want booths. It's great they want them to be with the audience, creates a better atmosphere for sure.
    Just make a tent goddamit Riot. A simple tent will prevent peeking the minimap, block the sun and keep the atmosphere if it's so valuable. Simple and cheap.
    In Soviet Russia banks rob you! Oh, wait a second...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fiif View Post
    @Caine, they broke the rules, I am afraid its black and white, sure riot fucked up, but these teams also accepted rules and once they break them, what ever punishment is given out is fair (assuming the punishment is harsh enough that is.
    Oh, the teams are not without fault. But come on, the only thing more the Riot could do to encourage cheating than this setup is placing those displays straight in front of teams.

I agree Caine, Riot was very dumb in how they set this up. All they had to do was copy Dota2's international setup. But when you agree to the rules, they need to be adhered to. Which at least 2 team have not done. Cheating was easy to do at worlds yes, but that does not mean the team that did it should go unpunished. If something similar happened in say Sc2, that player would never play another game, at least another LAN (and it has happened to players before)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klutzington View Post
    There is also proof of WE cheating. WTF happened to their dignity? Ban them, the lot of them.

---------- Post added 2012-10-07 at 09:02 AM ----------

I am starting to think you do not like Riot at all. It's obvious they didn't HAVE to buy pizza for everyone. You know for a FACT Blizzard would not have done the same. I honestly couldn't believe that they were so kind to do that.

---------- Post added 2012-10-07 at 09:05 AM ----------

You can obviously tell the angle on his head was way too high to just "look at his team." He clearly cheated and stared at that mini-map.
    No, no I don't know for a fact if Blizzard would. That's one hell of an assumption you're making. No matter how awesome it is that Riot realized they've been making people stand up and wait for 8 hours just to try and watch 1 3 game series and that "Holy shit these guys are hungry since we didn't allow food into the venue," this is first and foremost damage control for one of the most embarrassing displays I have ever seen in esports. I'm not going to give Riot slack for this because this is fucking horrible.

so guys iam little bit confused... i went sleep yesterday after 2nd remake and i dont know ... did series ended? or there will be another games ? coz i dont see any news about it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    No, no I don't know for a fact if Blizzard would. That's one hell of an assumption you're making. No matter how awesome it is that Riot realized they've been making people stand up and wait for 8 hours just to try and watch 1 3 game series and that "Holy shit these guys are hungry since we didn't allow food into the venue," this is first and foremost damage control for one of the most embarrassing displays I have ever seen in esports. I'm not going to give Riot slack for this because this is fucking horrible.
    Honestly, it was the venue's fault for being so bad about the internet. I understand Riot could have made people leave earlier, but ultimately it was the venue's fault.

---------- Post added 2012-10-07 at 06:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MrM3tod View Post
    so guys iam little bit confused... i went sleep yesterday after 2nd remake and i dont know ... did series ended? or there will be another games ? coz i dont see any news about it
    CLG - 1

WE - 1

The 3rd game never ended.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klutzington View Post
    Honestly, it was the venue's fault for being so bad about the internet. I understand Riot could have made people leave earlier, but ultimately it was the venue's fault.
    The venue? This is all the venues fault? That's cute. This is on Riot's head. Seriously, they decided to host the Championship Tournament for Season 2 on an internet connection? People have been asking for LAN for a long time, and this is fucking why. At the very least, they could do what Dota 2 has and create Save States every minute or so that ensures in case of issues you don't have to replay the entire game.

There's also the fact that it was first reported that the Venues Internet couldn't handle the load. Then we got reports of DDOS. And then it was a hardware issue! We don't even know the real reason for the crashes. All we know is that this should have never happened in the first place. You don't come into a tournament like this with no backup plan. Maybe Riot should stop waving around the "1 MIL PRIZE POOL OMG GUYS ITS SO BIG" and spend the money on the actual game and their setup for the tournament.

This isn't even getting into any of the other issues. Games didn't start on time at all. Riot's refusal to use booths meant that Sunlight, Sound, and the Cheating were all issues. Viewers at home were left unupdated and in the dark for a majority of the time, having to rely on twitters like MonteCristo, Liquipedia, and Travis for any actual updates.

Honestly? There is no outcome for the S2 Finals now that will not be questioned because the WE/CLG game has been Heisenberged to shit now. We have no idea who would have won the actual BO3, or the BO5 that we were having. If you go with a fresh BO3, that's not fair. If you pick up from where we left off, that's not really fair either. Now previous games are being scrutinized for cheating also, bringing their verdicts into question. There is no fair way to resolve the S2 Finals. This has been a failure and a disappointment. An embarresing blotch on esports history.

But it's ok everyone, the people who decided to go got PIZZA! It's all ok now.

I enjoy LoL, but Riot really enjoys making that difficult for me to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy LoL, but Riot really enjoys making that difficult for me to do.
    On one hand, I agreed that Riot could have taken further steps to prevent the internet mishaps and suspected cheating, on the other hand, when does it become too much to ask of them? Do we need to ask Riot to provide portable generators so the games can play in case there's a blackout, which even LAN games can't deal with? Do we need to take earthquake prevention actions so the venue can still play in the case where an earthquake causes California to sink into the ocean?
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    On one hand, I agreed that Riot could have taken further steps to prevent the internet mishaps and suspected cheating, on the other hand, when does it become too much to ask of them? Do we need to ask Riot to provide portable generators so the games can play in case there's a blackout, which even LAN games can't deal with? Do we need to take earthquake prevention actions so the venue can still play in the case where an earthquake causes California to sink into the ocean?
    I honestly hope you know how stupid you sound.

I have by no means followed this championship nor am I a LoL fan, nor am I hater, but reading from the posts, personally, Riot screwed it up. First of all, no booth? Really? You honestly don't think that people can hear over the headsets? Secondly, many players actually prefer not playing with a headset, makes it easier to focus, and for people used to LANs they tend to communicate without headsets. And the thing that takes it all, seriously, completly unobscured vision of the map if they turn their head?! I'm sorry, but this is why a lot of the more professional DotA players look down on LoL. Riot tries way to hard. Way to hard. Sure, have your crowd, but do not disrubt the players cause of it. Also, seriously, no saves? You serious?

10+ Year Old Account
    But it's ok everyone, the people who decided to go got PIZZA! It's all ok now.
    They also got refunds on their tickets last I heard. Name another company that would do that.

And there were saves. Game three was going to start where it left off. The main reason for not saving probably was the screen looking and Riot doesn't want to admit it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Too far? This is basic service and common sense when planning an event. Please stop trying to Slippery Slope this when Riot hasn't even climbed up the ladder to get to the top of the slide. Riot has no excuse. Only a month or so before they got an amazing example and presentation on how to host a real tournament, courtesy of Valve and TI2. What do they do? Wave around their "Largest Prize Pool Ever!" sign and continue to host one of the worst tournaments I have ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    They also got refunds on their tickets last I heard. Name another company that would do that.

And there were saves. Game three was going to start where it left off. The main reason for not saving probably was the screen looking and Riot doesn't want to admit it.
    Any company that has a sense of business sense and PR? It isn't that difficult to realize when you've fucked over a shit ton of people that a refund is expected. Though I'll bite though, since it's pretty easy. Valve.

Cool, good thing those Saves only worked once apparently. And the one time they worked they decided to not use them because instead of Internet or DDOS issues reported earlier, it was hardware issues? I would genuinely like a source on the Saves though, don't remember reading that in any of the tweets I followed during the blackout period.

The entire tournament reeks of poor management and planning.
    Last edited by Kurdiern; 2012-10-08 at 12:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Too far? This is basic service and common sense when planning an event. Please stop trying to Slippery Slope this when Riot hasn't even climbed up the ladder to get to the top of the slide. Riot has no excuse. Only a month or so before they got an amazing example and presentation on how to host a real tournament, courtesy of Valve and TI2. What do they do? Wave around their "Largest Prize Pool Ever!" sign and continue to host one of the worst tournaments I have ever seen.
    I wasn't excusing that at all. I was just trying to bring up the point that even if this event were interrupted by a freak incident that is actually unpreventable (not what happened yesterday), everyone would still be raising pitchforks on Riot for sucking at managing the tournament, even if it were actually interrupted by say, an earthquake in the area.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Deleted
    I wasn't excusing that at all. I was just trying to bring up the point that even if this event were interrupted by a freak incident that is actually unpreventable (not what happened yesterday), everyone would still be raising pitchforks on Riot for sucking at managing the tournament, even if it were actually interrupted by say, an earthquake in the area.
    No, no they wouldn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, not really. If there was an earthquake do you really think people would go "omg Riot why you no have earthquake prevention machines?!" While some would, that would be an extremely vocal minority. People are raising pitchforkes because this is genuinely horrible and flat out pathetic

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post

You're right, I can't think of another company that would refund the tickets while acting like everything was alright.