Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I've started soling this as elemental. 3x so far now. Very easy to do and actually pretty fun. Hopefully I see it soon though. Knowing my luck it'll take a long darn time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    I just soled her today and I'm wondering if its possible to hit her from outside? I'm elemental and I couldn't reach her from outside after the tornado phase, so maybe there's a safe spot or something?
    During P2 (tornado) phase you can attack her occasionally. With the start of P3 you want her to notice you (in the other case she simply remains in the middle where she burns down ._.) and then to run away - no need of attacking here.

With item level 495 it took me around 1,5 rounds of flying to kill her thus it shouldnt be necessary to attack her every second available even with worse gear.

PS: Healing Stream during P2 is ridiculously awesome

Deleted
    Flametalon finally dropped for me, will be a bit sad to have no reason to go back in now, I killed it with my Priest but have been farming on my Lock/Druid/Shaman also for the past couple of months. It can be a bit frustrating if you haven't done it before, but I highly recommend people give it a go, once you get it down you look forward to the next time.

Tried this as a Destro Lock right after hitting 90. I should really go try again.

thnx it helped , but can barrel roll be done solo ?

Deleted
    Yes it can as long as you dont get hit by the clouds while flying.

Im nearly done with my staff aswell so hurray for soloing

10+ Year Old Account
    I just don't get how to avoid molting.

Nevermind just found it.

UPDATE: Just defeated, no mount ofc.
    Last edited by Xanda; 2012-12-14 at 01:53 AM.
    "Man knows - he knows that nothing will begin unless he speaks. And nothing will change, unless he knows."

Quote Originally Posted by WUTCRAP View Post
    thnx it helped , but can barrel roll be done solo ?
    It can, take a look at my achievements:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ment#168:15068

Nice job! Finally a non-DK solo video

Credit for the creation of this awesome signature belongs to Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by Jecht View Post
    MY 5TH SOLO KILL!

I screamed so much when i got it :')
    Congrats! Gonna go at it with 5 characters a week once I've leveled them all up! I really want this beasty badly..

This will be doable with all the following classes:
    - Ret Paladin
    - Warlock
    - Druid, not sure on spec yet
    - Prot warrior
    - Elemental Shaman
    Last edited by Ethes; 2012-12-14 at 01:12 AM.

Deleted
    I got a question, I never done Firelands before, I like came back two months before Mist of Pandaria hit. Any tips on doing the trash right before the boss?

Deleted
    Pop CDs, get rid of the two casters (interrupting/grounding is a nice bonus)

Run behind one of the birds and start healing yourself. When the flames of both firebeams almost reach you start running in circles at the edge of the hitbox placing HST/HTT/Bulwark close to you. When the two birds kill the first of them ... run to the other and repeat. Occasionally use Earthgrab (or Earthbind) to slow/root the mass of little adds. Once the bird has killed himself - simply die. When all four creatures are defeated - they won't return.

Now go back for the egg piles, burst down the first one placing HST and try to kill the second one in the same (or another attempt) - you are done now.

This is at least the way i use every week as ele. Alternatively invite someone to you group and do it with some prot pally/blood dk alt - no necessity of dying there

Im nearly done with my staff aswell so hurray for soloing
    How many bosses were you able to solo in there for the embers?
    im 492 ele and would like to finish my staff since i came back at the end of cata.

I just tried this lastnight for lack of not wanting to fish for Nat Pagle for one day. Took me about 2 hours to do as enhance, but once you get settled it's worth it. These are the findings of someone who went into this fight knowing it from an interrupters perspective, and also someone who's never solo'd any previous bosses before.

Approach to the boss and Mobs
    -Getting to the bosses area seems a bit crowded if you hand to the right side of the path, at least when i was trying it before. I found a lot more room to maneuver starting out on the right side to get past the first behemoth, but then I'd cross over to the left hand side of the path of the after the first set of turtles that you pass. That central area with the embers and big pack of dogs is extremely sparse and makes for quick running. My first few attempts at getting to the boss taking the route described above entailed waiting ... a lot, and made it take about 5 minutes to get there. I'm not saying this way is better, my main point is that there's plenty of room to move on this map so don't feel like there's only one way to get there.

-The ramp adds are cake with the earth elemental out. Just spread your flame shock and fire nova a couple times.

-The giant birds in the room are a great source of DPS, just don't get hit by their attacks. Don't worry, they're slow to move their attacks so you can easily kite the fireballs to an egg pile and if you just circle the eggs slowly, the damage from the birds' attacks will get the eggs and, with decent timing and planning of capacitor totem and/or earth grab totem, the hatchlings down easily. Just keep backpedalling around the eggs, drop a totem, and you're almost done with an egg pile. Once the hatchlings are gone the big birds are easy; they can attack each other and themselves so just stay moving under them and they'll get hit. This took me a couple tries to get down, but once you work out the kiting it's not bad at all. Definitely no need to kill yourself as enhance.

Alysrazor
    I have to say, never flying for this fight before, it's pretty fun. Just a few things to keep in mind as you do it:

-From flying through the rings you stack an insane amount of haste. You'll be popping MSW5 every few seconds; make sure you stay on top of the lightening bolts to maximize your DPS!

-The rings spawn in sets of three at six specific points around the boss. The points are located in the planes above and below Alysrazor near each of her wings and in the center of her body (essentially two rows of three). After three rings spawn (1 set) in a location it's random where the next set will spawn, so keep an eye out for changes. Missing a ring once in awhile won't hurt you, but missing them repeatedly could. If it's within a set of three, you should be able to hit the rings within a second of them popping. If it's during a transition from one set to another you should be able to get it in 2.5-3s. Also, when she's raking the ground, she'll only spawn rings in her top plane so you only have to worry about whether the set is located above her in the left, middle, or right position. It should always remain in the same position while she's on the ground.

-I kept getting a despawn of the fight the first few times I tried it, and it always seemed to occur when she was flying down to rake the middle of the arena. The best that I can figure is that I got too far away from her (but running away, and up the ramp to Ryolith isn't?!). I was trying to get the last ring that she spawned right before descending, which was in her upper plane, so I was just slow getting down to her. Either way, your wings despawn immediately and you fall to your death. So always try to stay relatively close to her even if you have to miss that last ring.

-If you follow Jecht's plan to a T for the outside phase you'll get to the end with relatively high life. Bandages are your friend here if you don't! She's just sitting on the ground building energy and there's no damage going out, so it's the perfect time. Try to save your Shamanistic rage and HST for the latter half of this phase, you'll get the most bang for your buck using them here. With all the haste you get from flying, HST truly is a beast for this. I found that sometimes I'd have to use Healing Surge a couple to keep me up if i didn't time my cooldowns efficiently throughout this phase, so there's always that if need be.

-Also, if you can save Astral Shift for when you reach the top of the ramp and she's about to launch you backwards, it really helps. You can get knocked back into the lava and still survive long enough to get to the feathers and get back off the ground.

At ilvl 487 she died for me just as she crash landed the second time. No egg of course, but still a cool feeling. Also, can also confirm you can in fact get "Do a Barrel Roll" from this. My thanks to Jecht for turning me on to this!
    Last edited by Delanath; 2012-12-14 at 07:36 PM. Reason: Clarity

MY 5TH SOLO KILL!

I screamed so much when i got it :')
    Did you do 10hc? Because as I understand it that mount only drops from 10hc and up, not 10 normal.

DKs were doing his at 85 but should be doable by most classes now, grats on the mount i had to wait until the 9th week for mine
    Whoops, sig too big

Quote Originally Posted by Management View Post
    Did you do 10hc? Because as I understand it that mount only drops from 10hc and up, not 10 normal.
    Mount drops on both difficulties and droprate is the same. Same applies to 25m, both on normal and heroic with the same droprate as on 10m. All in all it doesn't matter at all which difficulty or raidsize you kill him. At least, not when you're only after the mount!

---------- Post added 2012-12-15 at 10:42 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nalfeinn View Post
    DKs were doing his at 85 but should be doable by most classes now, grats on the mount i had to wait until the 9th week for mine
    Mainly mages, warlocks, boomkins and shadowpriests. But it should be doable by all classes now I do think. Only one I might see struggling are rogues, not sure how they would handle phases 3+4. But then again, I don't have a rogue!

Quote Originally Posted by Ismaire View Post
    Pop CDs, get rid of the two casters (interrupting/grounding is a nice bonus)

Run behind one of the birds and start healing yourself. When the flames of both firebeams almost reach you start running in circles at the edge of the hitbox placing HST/HTT/Bulwark close to you. When the two birds kill the first of them ... run to the other and repeat. Occasionally use Earthgrab (or Earthbind) to slow/root the mass of little adds. Once the bird has killed himself - simply die. When all four creatures are defeated - they won't return.

Now go back for the egg piles, burst down the first one placing HST and try to kill the second one in the same (or another attempt) - you are done now.

This is at least the way i use every week as ele. Alternatively invite someone to you group and do it with some prot pally/blood dk alt - no necessity of dying there
    You don't need to die to clear trash. Just run in and drop capacitor totem right between the casters and then drop hst (you could also use earth ele totem if you are worried about getting shot). Make sure you dance around the 2 for a few secs and they should die to the birds. From there just run to 1 egg pile and kite the flame on to it (and the adds nibbling on you), then simply move to the other egg pile and then to 1 bird, then the other. Use earthbind to keep the small adds in the flame if needed.

Deleted
    is this possible for a hunter to solo?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by korlach View Post
    You don't need to die to clear trash. Just run in and drop capacitor totem right between the casters and then drop hst (you could also use earth ele totem if you are worried about getting shot). Make sure you dance around the 2 for a few secs and they should die to the birds. From there just run to 1 egg pile and kite the flame on to it (and the adds nibbling on you), then simply move to the other egg pile and then to 1 bird, then the other. Use earthbind to keep the small adds in the flame if needed.
    I'll try this after reset on Wednesday. Thanks for the ideas. Sounds way better than dying once or twice.