Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ismaire View Post
    I'll try this after reset on Wednesday. Thanks for the ideas. Sounds way better than dying once or twice.
    Ye the bird's AoE does like 100k dps each. I just run in between casters, drop stun totem, watch the ground to become foggy/dusty (means birds target that area) and then kite around. After casters are dead to eggs etc and birds (they also kill themselves with their AoE).
    Last edited by woopytywoop; 2012-12-17 at 12:15 PM. Reason: typo

I am gonna have a go at this whenever I get time. How good gear is needed? Sorry, this question has probably already been answered. I am more of a PvPer but I do enjoy soloing old content, and so I don't have the best gear. I don't want to link since I am probably going to be wearing my PvP gear when you look at the link. Anyways, I have 3 pieces of tier 14, 2 of which are normal and one raid finder. I have 2 epic weps (claws of shek'zeer, no gems yet though) both raid finder, and the rest is mostly just random raid finder gear.

Deleted
    Well in the video im around 460ish ilevel so im pretty sure you will be more than fine with raid finder gear

Quote Originally Posted by Jecht View Post
    Well in the video im around 460ish ilevel so im pretty sure you will be more than fine with raid finder gear
    Okey, great. I'll tell you how it goes, just gotta find time to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Management View Post
    I have 2 epic weps (claws of shek'zeer, no gems yet though) both raid finder, and the rest is mostly just random raid finder gear.
    I hate you :P It's a new week though, so that hate may disappear this week ... finally.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Has anyone come close to killing it in the first air phase as elemental? I can get it around to 30% before I have to fly off to Ryoliths ramp for the down phase. Sucky haste scaling ;(
    Leegion - Turalyon

Stopped raiding in MOP. Pugging Legion!

Quote Originally Posted by Evect View Post
    Has anyone come close to killing it in the first air phase as elemental? I can get it around to 30% before I have to fly off to Ryoliths ramp for the down phase. Sucky haste scaling ;(
    yeah your not gonna do it in one go, did it today had help with trash

Quote Originally Posted by Evect View Post
    Wow you must have some srsly good dps. I know im in mostly healing gear but the best i could get it to was 48% in one air phase and thats getting everything perfect

so how easy would this be for say a 496 ele shaman?
    do what you feel.

Is this even doable anymore? I tried in 5.0.4 on my priest and when she went to swoop through the mid doing the cleave she despawned.

Quote Originally Posted by draconisaerius View Post
    Is this even doable anymore? I tried in 5.0.4 on my priest and when she went to swoop through the mid doing the cleave she despawned.
    Yep, done it three times this week.

When she goes down to do her cleave, you have to make sure you are pretty much on top of her / inside her body.
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

Hey there! I've been having some trouble with alysrazor (ele shaman solo).
    You see the point is the her gear ilvl is pretty small (not full hc blues yet), but still I want to try to kill her weekly to double my chances to get the mount. I have another alt (spriest, ilvl 460) and after the 1st kill I have no trouble soloing her. I even don't switch to flash heal spam during the tornado phase as vamp embrace keeps me at full life

So now for the questions:
    How to max healing during tornado phase (talents/when to use them)? As the spammy is my alt I still can't get the Ancestral guidance talent - I always seem to waste it.
    How to max dps? Only once I got her to like 1%hp, but she killed me :-( again, what talents are preferred here and should I reforge for mastery/crit ( as there is plenty of haste during the fight)

Thanks all in advance, your help will be much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by avilia View Post
    Hey there! I've been having some trouble with alysrazor (ele shaman solo).
    You see the point is the her gear ilvl is pretty small (not full hc blues yet), but still I want to try to kill her weekly to double my chances to get the mount. I have another alt (spriest, ilvl 460) and after the 1st kill I have no trouble soloing her. I even don't switch to flash heal spam during the tornado phase as vamp embrace keeps me at full life

So now for the questions:
    How to max healing during tornado phase (talents/when to use them)? As the spammy is my alt I still can't get the Ancestral guidance talent - I always seem to waste it.
    How to max dps? Only once I got her to like 1%hp, but she killed me :-( again, what talents are preferred here and should I reforge for mastery/crit ( as there is plenty of haste during the fight)

Thanks all in advance, your help will be much appreciated.
    I imagine Reforging into Mastery is the best idea, I don't play Elemental as a Main Spec, however you get more than enough Haste by flying, and at 24 stacks you get a Crit buff, thus making crit less desirable. If you're having trouble using Ancestral Guidance, then just get Healing Tide Totem. As she begins her tornado phase, fly out of the area, drop a Healing Rain and Healing Stream Totem (Not Tide). Use Astral Shift and Healing Tide Totem along with Healing Surge spam when the damage ramps up significantly. Then run up the ramp to Rhyolith, and Healing Surge when you need to, re-pick up feathers, then it's rinse & repeat.

At the start of the fight, use your Fire Elemental Totem and Stormlash, as you can't use them while your flying. Pop Ascendance once you have a few stacks of the Haste buff. I save Bloodlust for the first time I get the crit buff at 24 stacks, as it should last up until the first tornado phase (If you are good at flying). Hope this helps :O
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacepunch View Post
    so how easy would this be for say a 496 ele shaman?
    Really easy. I did it on my Shaman with 470ilvl.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have been thinking of trying this, but the thought of the trash in the room just stops me, can you solo that trash as shadow ?
    Sig by Safhira

Quote Originally Posted by soulyouth View Post
    I have been thinking of trying this, but the thought of the trash in the room just stops me, can you solo that trash as shadow ?
    You can solo the trash with little problems as any class / spec id think. As a shaman I would first run in and put a grounding totem to stop the first fieroblasts. Then a few secs later use capacitor totem to stun adds and thus stop the fieroblast barrage and then just run around the center mobs to dodge the fire the birds are shooting and letting the fire hit the mobs. They die pretty quick. After that just kite the fire through the eggs and they die aswell pretty easily. When the eggs are dead then use the fire to kill each of the birds.
    As a shadow priest since the first mobs deal the most damage you might want to silence the first add and do that fear thing on the other to stop the first fieroblast and then I guess dispersion through the barrage. Dont know much about priests but thats probably what I would do if i was 1

Quote Originally Posted by Defines View Post
    At the start of the fight, use your Fire Elemental Totem and Stormlash, as you can't use them while your flying. Pop Ascendance once you have a few stacks of the Haste buff. I save Bloodlust for the first time I get the crit buff at 24 stacks, as it should last up until the first tornado phase (If you are good at flying). Hope this helps :O
    Nice tips here, thanks. i've been using hero+asc from the start but now i'll try to line them up with the buff.
    And btw, should i refrain from getting the engi trinket (dragonkin smth), as it can aggro p1 mobs during tornado phase? Haven't tried this out yet

Nice tips here, thanks. i've been using hero+asc from the start but now i'll try to line them up with the buff.
    And btw, should i refrain from getting the engi trinket (dragonkin smth), as it can aggro p1 mobs during tornado phase? Haven't tried this out yet
    You shouldn't line Ascendance up with the Crit buff, because Lava Burst 100% crit's anyway :P, and yes, you probably should refrain from using the engineering trinket if you can.
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer

Like the above said, if you are elemental i wudnt use ascendance at 24/25 stacks cus lava burst has the 100% crit already. I also wudnt rlly use hero this far in becus all your spells wud be lower than 1sec cast anyway and thus hero wud only be helping flame shock. Like you I used hero / ascendance at the start since this seems to give the most benefit since with hero up ur lvb has a 1sec cast time anyway so the haste from the things you fly thru wud be wasted.

As enhancement it wud probably be more beneficial to use hero / ascendance this far in since all your spells will deal more damage and hit much faster

Just to add as elemental, its probably best to reforge to high mastery as you get enough haste anyway. dps tier talent wise, go with echo since like i sed, em isnt brilliant when you have enough haste already and echo will proc loads since we will be casting so many spells, and also go with unleashed fury. Id say unleashed fury becus of how many lightning bolts we will be casting it seems to benefit a lot more than EB. And especially wen a majority of those will be critting wen u reach 24 stacks
    Last edited by mjolnrik; 2012-12-21 at 08:21 PM.

Idk if anyone else did it as an Enh Shaman but i sure as hell did!

EDIT: T'was HC.
    Last edited by Razecog; 2013-01-05 at 12:21 AM.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......