Stone Guard Question

Hey our grp has been trying Stone Guard 10man.

Our tanks seem to get the simple layout on the fight, though when the first add explodes and no add has there petrification activated they're confused in what to do and leads to having one of the adds which supposed to explode... explode...

Were getting around 68% ish and wiping.

It's simple really, the main tank (the one with 2 quilen on him) should always have A) the add that just exploded and B) the add that WILL explode. Just keep that up for the entire fight and you should have a kill in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by DrDreads View Post
    It's simple really, the main tank (the one with 2 quilen on him) should always have A) the add that just exploded and B) the add that WILL explode. Just keep that up for the entire fight and you should have a kill in no time.
    I'm a little confused, If the main tank has the add that Will explode that add Won't explode, right? Shouldn't the Main Tank have the add that just exploded and the add that is not currently putting up petrify? So the add that Will explode is off by himself getting ready to explode and remove the petrify?

Edit:

Realized I got it backwards, they DON'T gain energy when they're alone, thought it was the other way around. What you said now makes sense.
    Last edited by Thirtyrock; 2012-10-03 at 05:22 PM.

I'll do and example. MT has Jade and Jasper, OT has Amethyst - Jade debuff goes out MT keeps Jade and Jasper on him OT keeps Amethyst - At 40 energy OT taunts Jasper and MT taunts Amethyst (that way jasper won't explode and neither will amethyst) MT tanks those until Jade explodes. Say Jasper debuff goes out now the MT keeps Jade (the one that just exploded) and taunts Jasper (the one that will explode) that way Amethyst is over with the OT not gaining energy and Jade has just started gaining energy from 0 again while Jasper started at 40+. If you're lucky enough in an example like that Jade will explode then Jasper will start putting the debuff out in that case there's no need to swap because you already have the add that just exploded and the one that you need to explode.