Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    The option is not to alert for rares already cached, since there is no way for the addon to do so.
    There are options though to alert those you already have credit for killing in their associated achievements.
    And also to still show the highlight through NPCSCan.Overlay on your map/minimap should it be cached.
    Useful if you can manually search an area, but still want the visual guide as to the possible locations.

Apologies for bumping an old topic, but is there any way to do this with the new Blizzard launcher? Eventually we'll have to switch over to it anyway, and I'd like to get used to using it now instead of having a separate launcher just for WoW. =\

Quote Originally Posted by Severance View Post
    Apologies for bumping an old topic, but is there any way to do this with the new Blizzard launcher? Eventually we'll have to switch over to it anyway, and I'd like to get used to using it now instead of having a separate launcher just for WoW. =\
    You don't need to use the launcher, old or new.
    Just start wow.exe

Quote Originally Posted by tordenflesk View Post
    You don't need to use the launcher, old or new.
    Just start wow.exe
    I'd prefer to use the launcher. I have WoW, SC2, and D3, and the launcher makes managing them easier plus it reduces the exe clutter. I currently use the method you suggest, I'm just looking to switch, if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    The batch file just deletes the relevant cache files, so you could even point it towards the Blizzard launcher instead.
    I can get the launcher to start, but I can't get the cache to clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Severance View Post
    I can get the launcher to start, but I can't get the cache to clear.
    Did the cache clear using the original version of the batch file ?

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Did the cache clear using the original version of the batch file ?
    Yup, worked great with the old launcher, I used the batch file from post #4 of this thread. It also works if I manually clear the cache and then start the new launcher.

Similar to the one earlier in this thread, I am using this one at present.
    Placed in the WoW installation folder.

Code:
    @echo off
    del "Cache\WDB\enGB\creaturecache.wdb"
    del "Cache\WDB\enGB\npccache.wdb"
    start "Launcher" "C:\Games\Battle.net\Battle.net Launcher.exe"

Some Notes - the first line toggles off echoing off the commands to the screen, so avoids the need for the @ before every other line - purely optional
    The locale of the client, the language might differ - in my case I am using the EU English Client - hence the enGB locality.
    The original post had enUS, so ensure that you choose the right language, and maybe browse the folder manually to see which folder is there first if unsure.

Location of the launcher depends on where you installed it.
    I just installed in a custom location.

Found this thread through googling for a solution, and found a nice solution on another tab, just delete the cache and create a folder with the same name. Since there is a folder with the same name as the cache file it can't write on it nor create it and your cache is kept clean.

if it helps anyone, this is what i use:

Code:
    @echo off

set wowdir=C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft
    set wowloc=enUS
    set wowexe="C:\Program Files (x86)\Battle.net\Battle.net Launcher.exe"

del "%wowdir%\Cache\WDB\%wowloc%\creaturecache.wdb" /q
    del "%wowdir%\Cache\WDB\%wowloc%\npccache.wdb" /q
    start "" /D"%wowdir%" %wowexe%
    just remember to adjust "wowdir" and "wowexe" to the proper locations