Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Should I just give up now?

I was the 31st person in my guild to level up to 90. I'm already behind on gear and haven't even started on dailies. Heck, I don't even know most of the factions.

A guild has already killed all of normal vaults and I haven't even found the entrance of the raid.

In 2 months when all the content is done, I'm going to get grief about being too slow.

Unless you're in Exodus your guild hasn't killed all of normal vaults.

And yes, the initial rep explosion can be overwhelming, take the time to read WoWhead guides as they're extremely helpful. You'll be running heroics before you know it. I'm also assuming you're not a new recruit and won't be passed over on the basis of a day or two behind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerai View Post

And yes, the initial rep explosion can be overwhelming, take the time to read WoWhead guides as they're extremely helpful. You'll be running heroics before you know it. I'm also assuming you're not a new recruit and won't be passed over on the basis of a day or two behind.
    This. Point of fact, you could probably not touch dailies for a while and still keep pace gear-wise simply with heroics and LFR.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerai View Post
    He didn't say his guild had killed normal Vaults, So that's abit invalid really

OT just go slowly, there really is no need to rush, ignore what the top guilds are doing because you won't be able to judge your own speed by comparing with them

Quote Originally Posted by Galluccio View Post
    I think you worry too much about what others are doing and how others might view you. My recommendation - play the game for fun, or not at all.

If keeping up with one of the world's best guilds is the only thing you find fun in this game, then I recommend you either join a world's first raiding guild, or quit.

He said "A guild," guys. A guild. Not his guild. Reading.

Don't give up if you're having fun. If you get left behind by your guild and they get mad at you, then they're jerks. Just try to enjoy yourself. :P

I was the 31st person in my guild to level up to 90. I'm already behind on gear and haven't even started on dailies. Heck, I don't even know most of the factions.

A guild has already killed all of normal vaults and I haven't even found the entrance of the raid.

In 2 months when all the content is done, I'm going to get grief about being too slow.

Oh NO one of the top guilds in the world downed a boss already. You might as well give up!

Sarcasm aside you are better off taking your time and enjoying content at a decent pace than rushing through the game like some do.

I'm leveling a monk from 1-90. Currently 74. By the time I'm 90 everyone will be in full epics.

And you are saying your are behind? :P

Warender - Orc Enhancement Shaman - Mal'Ganis US

10+ Year Old Account
    Heroics are the new normals. You can do them in quest greens for the most part.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Deleted
    Those 6 kills aren't even valid before tomorrow night.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Those 6 kills aren't even valid before tomorrow night.
    How so? (I'm not a raider so i don't know how it all works

Why are you posting this? You should be in-game FARMING! BACK TO WORK SCRUB!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    How so? (I'm not a raider so i don't know how it all works
    Reset day difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasolina View Post
    Why are you posting this? You should be in-game FARMING! BACK TO WORK SCRUB!

But this is World of Forumcraft.

Unless your guild is pushing top US/EU/World, or even server for that matter, I honestly wouldn't worry. However If your guild is, then yes I would be worried. I raid lead for my guild and we are currently pushing top US content this tier, and I can tell you right now, the people we didn't bring to 25s last night were undergeared/slow levelers, and odds are will never pass trial. But again, this is just my personal experience and if you aren't in a hardcore guild then don't worry. Even if your guild kicks/demotes you, there are plenty of semi-hardcore/casual guilds recruiting on the WoW recruitment forums so there's no rush really. If you are a good player (or have some gold to drop) you will see all the content/get all the gear before t15.

Quote Originally Posted by Zazey View Post
    Unless your guild is pushing top US/EU/World, or even server for that matter, I honestly wouldn't worry.
    this. i have a lot of trouble not powergaming, too. thing is though, my life now =/= my life during vanilla, so i can't neckbeard as hard as i'd like to anymore. oh well. just play the game. those faction grinds for the most part are a one-time thing.. not much reason to do them on another char unless you like playing the AH or want the soon-obsolete patterns for another profession. once you're exalted and Best Friends or whatever, you're gonna be growin juicycrunch carrots and twiddlin dem thumbs so enjoy the massive amt of things to do now while it is all still relevant. rushing through it all is just going to leave you standing around bored in golden whatever tavern jumping from tile to tile avoiding the odd-coloured ones like they're lava.

Are you having fun? If no, then sure give up. But if your enjoying yourself then I say keep playing. My hubby and I have had our guild for 4 years now. At first we were casual, during wrath we primarily raided. In Cata we both just lost interest in the expansion, we were bored so we didn't even play. Now were checking out Mists and just enjoying it. No rush on anything and the people in our guild are cool with that. They know we have other things to do besides play wow. So just keep playing and having fun and if your guild doesn't understand than find one that does.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not by a long shot. My guild has 1 level 90 so far, and we're still planning to tackle at least normal T14 before 5.2 comes out.

Now if you're in one of those extreme progress guilds, keep in mind only 1 guild so far has a certified normal clear. And if what people are saying is true, most guilds will be taking a long time unless the fights are nerfed soon.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    We're just days into the first tier. There is a small "reset" to catch up after every new raid is released. Unless you're in a world first guild, you have plenty of time not only to catch up but to be competitive on your server for future raids (including those later this tier). It's way, way too early to be discouraged and defeatist.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

15+ Year Old Account

Unless you're in the competition for world 1st's you ignore what these guilds accomplish. Grats to them but it's not representative of a regular raider. Consider them the 1%. If you're worried about other people's progression having a negative effect on your enjoyment then there's something outside of WoW that needs fixing.

Set your goals and enjoy playing the game. The moment I started worrying about other guilds accomplishments to mine was the day I stopped enjoying WoW.