Small point of criticism to Blizz

Hi everyone,

First of, I'd like to say I'm having a complete and total blast playing MoP, it's in my eyes one of the finest contents Blizz has released so far, I just can't praise it enough. But even the best athlete will receive criticism, so here's a small remark pointed to Blizzard: I find it quite difficult to gather an offspecc gear set with how the quest reward system works, I'm leveling an enhance shaman but it's next to impossible to gather gear for my resto specc because I can almost exclusively choose enhance gear. Would it be hard to implement a system so that you can choose gear depending on your class instead of specc? So for example, you can choose between int, spirit or agi gear... Just a quick thought of mine but again, don't get me wrong, MoP is one of the best games I've played in the past years!

Cheers!
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowkras View Post

Also, alextrazsa has the spells Detect Pregnancy and Track Babies.

They've already done this for all the "major" quests. The cap-stone quests at the end of a chain should offer you choices of blues, and every zone has a vendor with slightly lower ilvl gear to fill in what you can't get.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Deleted
    Switch spec before handing in the quest.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you change your spec, the reward changes accordingly. If you really want the off-spec gear, change spec before turning it in. However, I've noticed that the spec-specific rewards system was dropped really fast. It was active throughout Jade Forest but shortly after starting in Valley of the Four Winds, I think, it started offering me gear for both of my specs.

Also, there are vendors scattered through the zones that sell greens for every slot for every spec if you end up with holes in your sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    They've already done this for all the "major" quests. The cap-stone quests at the end of a chain should offer you choices of blues, and every zone has a vendor with slightly lower ilvl gear to fill in what you can't get.
    No, they havent. End zone quests are still giving me only two choices for my shammy, and no, they arent always the ones i had as main and offspec.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    No, they havent. End zone quests are still giving me only two choices for my shammy, and no, they arent always the ones i had as main and offspec.
    They aren't supposed to necessarily be "main" and "off-spec," they're just supposed to be a choice. Blizzard has hammered and hammered that no spirit =/= not healer gear this expansion. There will be a point where throughput will beat out regen for you.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    They aren't supposed to necessarily be "main" and "off-spec," they're just supposed to be a choice. Blizzard has hammered and hammered that no spirit =/= not healer gear this expansion. There will be a point where throughput will beat out regen for you.
    That point will exist, yes, but not in 440 gear. In 440 gear you need a lot of spirit, so i'm sorry but ilvl 440 gear that doesnt have spirit its isnt healers gear.

Also, they should let ME choose where i stop getting spirit, they should offer the 3 choices in every single 440 quest gear, if i'm fine with the spirit, i will choose the non spirit caster gear.
    Last edited by Crashdummy; 2012-10-03 at 06:12 PM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you want to gear as resto for leveling as enhancement, then turn in all quests as resto.

But I know for sure there are "quest-level gear vendors" at level 90 to get you started in the endgame.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

There are vendors that sell basic sets of green gear for gold. I believe these are meant for getting an off-spec set started.

They thought on this already, thats the reason every zone has a GEAR VENDOR....you can get any piece u miss there, for all slots.

Invalid critic..

I agree that the quest rewards should show all available to your class, not just spec. On my mage I was offered a spirit staff, so is it working as intended or what.
    Last edited by Stasso; 2012-10-03 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorthiros View Post
    Hi everyone,

First of, I'd like to say I'm having a complete and total blast playing MoP, it's in my eyes one of the finest contents Blizz has released so far, I just can't praise it enough. But even the best athlete will receive criticism, so here's a small remark pointed to Blizzard: I find it quite difficult to gather an offspecc gear set with how the quest reward system works, I'm leveling an enhance shaman but it's next to impossible to gather gear for my resto specc because I can almost exclusively choose enhance gear. Would it be hard to implement a system so that you can choose gear depending on your class instead of specc? So for example, you can choose between int, spirit or agi gear... Just a quick thought of mine but again, don't get me wrong, MoP is one of the best games I've played in the past years!

Cheers!
    Ive seen a lot of criticism of this kind and honestly, I forsee blizzard doing exactly this (allowing you to choose amongst gear that is related to all your classes' specs, rather than just your current spec) if not in a newly implemented/patched questlines, then definitely in the next xpac.

Btw if you need Resto gear over Enhance, then just respec to Resto before you turn your quest in, it will provide you with a selection of resto gear. I did this to build my prot set on my warrior if you dont feel like respeccing every time then just do it for the rare ("blue" item) rewards.

Hope this helped Cheers
    "If the people who are trying to destroy this world aren't taking a day off, then why should I?"

-Bob Marley

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    If you want to gear as resto for leveling as enhancement, then turn in all quests as resto.

But I know for sure there are "quest-level gear vendors" at level 90 to get you started in the endgame.
    Stop with this, changing spec to turn a quest and then change spec back is not a solution, its just a patch meant to bypass somthing that is wrong.

The solution is clear, offfer gear for all your CLASS specs.

1. There are vendors that sell questing greens for every spec.
    2. In the later zones, you start getting choices for your gear so are more easily able to gear an offspec.

Sure, you don't get that choice early on, but then... Do you need that choice? Really? I know I MUCH prefer the new system than the old; much more streamlined, instead of having to check through a bunch of random items to find the item that is for me. You spend more time actually playing the game rather than staring at numbers.

I wouldn't even want a choice between specs in the earlier zones: I just want to complete the quest and get back to playing the game. Not a couple seconds per quest (which adds up) looking at the stats and choosing which one I want.

The choice comes back when you start needing it (near level cap), so it's a non-issue. The new system is MUCH better.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    1. There are vendors that sell questing greens for every spec.
    2. In the later zones, you start getting choices for your gear so are more easily able to gear an offspec.

Sure, you don't get that choice early on, but then... Do you need that choice? Really? I know I MUCH prefer the new system than the old; much more streamlined, instead of having to check through a bunch of random items to find the item that is for me. You spend more time actually playing the game rather than staring at numbers.

I wouldn't even want a choice between specs in the earlier zones: I just want to complete the quest and get back to playing the game. Not a couple seconds per quest (which adds up) looking at the stats and choosing which one I want.

The choice comes back when you start needing it (near level cap), so it's a non-issue. The new system is MUCH better.
    And again, since some people just dont read, in later zones you get SOME choice, but you dont get gear for all the specs. As a shammy, i only get two choices in the 440 blue quests, when i can have 3 specs. And no, non spirit 440 gear is NOT resto gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    That point will exist, yes, but not in 440 gear. In 440 gear you need a lot of spirit, so i'm sorry but ilvl 440 gear that doesnt have spirit its isnt healers gear.

Also, they should let ME choose where i stop getting spirit, they should offer the 3 choices in every single 440 quest gear, if i'm fine with the spirit, i will choose the non spirit caster gear.
    could be like it's been the past 8 years and you just don't get shit worth having MOST of the time

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    could be like it's been the past 8 years and you just don't get shit worth having MOST of the time
    Yeah, i know it was worse in the past, but that doesnt mean it cant be better in the future.

Again, i'm havign a lot of fun in MoP like the OP is having, but this is a point where there is room for improvement