Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Adding to the positivity, I still love SWTOR.

I just bought a new laptop and SWTOR is running amazingly on it. I used to play below the minimum system requirements, and it looks like an entirely new game to me. I've been doing a ton more PvP and all the Flashpoints I couldn't really do before, or struggled with. I'm also able to actually try tanking and healing for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychlon View Post
    This is one of the more retarded things to do. Not only would I love to kick people like you the instant they decide to take the fate into their own hands but you also should get a warzone debuff, for deliberately damaging your team, for a few hours. Players like you should seriously consider why they play something and what their action is going to mean to others. Just because you are "incognito" behind your screen really shouldn't take away that you take some kind of responibility for your actions and stop being a dick. You do learn sometimes more from a defeat than from a win.
    You're right. Instead I should just take the Deserter debuff and leave or yell at my teammates for being terrible. If you know it's going bad and you're losing 5-0 while they have the ball and are that close to scoring, I'm ending it. If you want to waste your time trying to win when it's highly unlikely that you will, that's on you. Me? I prefer to not waste my time in an obvious losing effort. And really? Learning from a defeat? What exactly am I going to learn in a group made up of 7 random players? You want to talk that "learn" shit, talk Rated. There is nothing to "learn" when you're playing with random folks, only who sucks and who doesn't.

---------- Post added 2012-10-06 at 11:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Potato Bus View Post
    If you grapple someone up to the ledge just in front of the spawn gate, it tends to kill them and reset the ball. Or at least it did previously, I haven't done it in awhile. Be careful not to give yourself the deserter buff.

I'll admit I've grappled an enemy with the intent of helping him score before, but it is a very seldom occurrence and only in the absolute worst matches (think premade composed of geared lvl 45-49 players vs an uncoordinated pug team with 1 or 2 ppl above 20 and we're getting farmed at 0-5. side note: most of my pvp experience is in the lowbie queue)
    I wouldn't bother grappling anybody up to the ledge. I would hang out by the "endzone" area and just yank them in. When you see the score is 4-0 and you're on the losing end while watching your entire team fight in the middle the entire game, why would you continue to waste your time? And, trust me, it doesn't get any better when you get to 50. Better gear doesn't make the players any better at playing their toons.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    You're right. Instead I should just take the Deserter debuff and leave or yell at my teammates for being terrible. If you know it's going bad and you're losing 5-0 while they have the ball and are that close to scoring, I'm ending it. If you want to waste your time trying to win when it's highly unlikely that you will, that's on you. Me? I prefer to not waste my time in an obvious losing effort. And really? Learning from a defeat? What exactly am I going to learn in a group made up of 7 random players? You want to talk that "learn" shit, talk Rated. There is nothing to "learn" when you're playing with random folks, only who sucks and who doesn't.
    I played tons of random BG's... I truly understand your motive at doing it but just consider that, if you do it at 4:0... someone else will do it already at 3:0 or 2:0. Heck some players dare to camp on their cannon at 450:440 in civil war. How many minutes are you gaining by helping the other team and how many other people are you inspiring about quickly losing the game for your own benefit. Instead of yelling at teammates it's better to instruct because usually in these situations 90% already lost track of how they could possibly turn the game around which is possible even being 5:0 behind.

As to what to learn from a defeat... if you get into a "winning team", how much of a learning curve is that? Especially if you (not meaning you you) don't really do a lot and other people are pulling the team to a win. Zero. However if someone tries to instruct and new/ unexperienced player try to do their share to turn the situations, the overall awareness level for their future can certainly raise. Otherwise you will experience "these kind of players" all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychlon View Post
    I played tons of random BG's... I truly understand your motive at doing it but just consider that, if you do it at 4:0... someone else will do it already at 3:0 or 2:0. Heck some players dare to camp on their cannon at 450:440 in civil war. How many minutes are you gaining by helping the other team and how many other people are you inspiring about quickly losing the game for your own benefit. Instead of yelling at teammates it's better to instruct because usually in these situations 90% already lost track of how they could possibly turn the game around which is possible even being 5:0 behind.

As to what to learn from a defeat... if you get into a "winning team", how much of a learning curve is that? Especially if you (not meaning you you) don't really do a lot and other people are pulling the team to a win. Zero. However if someone tries to instruct and new/ unexperienced player try to do their share to turn the situations, the overall awareness level for their future can certainly raise. Otherwise you will experience "these kind of players" all the time.
    I'm not inspiring anybody. They can't see me because they're all fighting in the middle. Also, in my experience, I notice that most people don't pay attention to chat. The ones who DO pay attention to chat already know what they're doing. Those aren't the guys fighting in the middle when the enemy ball carrier is nowhere near there. And it doesn't matter how many minutes I gain. If it's 2 more minutes, it's 2 minutes of my time that's not being wasted by being in an abysmal group. It's getting my comms 2 minutes quicker to be able to jump into the next match where, maybe, I'll have a group of people who know what they're doing.

Seriously, though, who the hell is going to try and tank a game at 2-0?

I personally have been playing MMO's for 13 years now, most of it on a pve competitive level. As far as the new raid content itself, Terror From Beyond, I like all 5 encounters. I think they did a really good job on them and any old school gamer would definitely enjoy them. This is definitely a step in the right direction, I just hope they follow up the rest of this with more great content.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    Seriously, though, who the hell is going to try and tank a game at 2-0?
    Way too many people I'm afraid though the percentage is 200-300% higher on republic side on my server. I'm not sure if this is a republic thing or something but people there are playing terribad... from a pvp standpoint.