Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyopz View Post
    but I do hope that Turkey declares war on the Assad government and begins directly helping the rebels in toppling the Assad regime.
    I don't think Turkey or NATO will declare war, they don't want to escalate things.
    Even though they have been attacked, they will led it slide for the greater good.

Also, I'm pretty sure that Turkey is already helping the rebels.

Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    Aside from the news has the Syrian regime claimed responsibility for the attack? for all we know it could be the rebels who fired that missile in order to get Turkey to intervene. I generally do not trust the media when it comes to "our word against theirs".
    This is what I'm interested in aswell. I wouldn't be all that surprised if this was just another "Shelling of Mainila" type of incident since Turkey has been pretty much thirsting for Syrian blood for months now.

(For uneducated, shelling of Mainila is an event in which Soviet Russia used artillery on it's own town and blamed it on Finland to gain a Casus Belli)
    Last edited by Wilian; 2012-10-03 at 09:14 PM.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

God bless the Syrian arab army , fucking terrorists being flooded into Syria

Quote Originally Posted by Kraatoss View Post
    Yeah, fun facts are that large part of Syrian Rebel army are islamist fundamentalists whom have openly stated they hope to create strict islamist religious state in place of the what could be considered somewhat progressed islamist nation before the civil war, and that big bunch of them are non Syrian that have come to do it.

I bet Syrians are gonna love their newfound freedom after this war ends.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    If this is how the world ends, it's quite a lousy way to go. Talk about going out with a whimper.

But nah, Russia will back down. You usually only hear about how bad things go for the US economically but from all reports I've seen Russia is doing worse, if due to other circumstances.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraatoss View Post
    There is nothing Syrian about that army except the name.

Quote Originally Posted by vanin View Post
    But nah, Russia will back down. You usually only hear about how bad things go for the US economically but from all reports I've seen Russia is doing worse, if due to other circumstances.
    "n 2011 Russia’s gross domestic product[17] grew by 4.2 percent, the world’s third highest growth rate among leading economies. The government expects it to grow 3.7 percent in 2012. "Following a 4.2 percent growth in 2011, we think the slowdown will lead to GDP growth of about 3.5 percent for the full year," S&P Chief Economist for Europe Jean-Michel Six said in a statement.[18]Russian GDP growth for the first half of 2012 was 4.4%. [19]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Russia

Deleted
    wait a second.. why did they fire a shell at turkey!?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    wait a second.. why did they fire a shell at turkey!?
    The Syrian army hasn't even claimed responsibility for that attack for all we know it could be the rebels. What I don't like is that Turkey responded without even knowing all the facts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Could this be the beginning of WW3? Iran/Syria/Russia/China vs Turkey/the United States/possibly Israel/some other NATO states? WW1 began over far lesser reasons than this, by the way.
    No. There is absolutely nothing to gain and a massive amount to lose from such an armed conflict. And why does everyone assume that just because Russia and China are both strong enough to stand up to the US in international politics that we're so close? Is it because of that whole communism thing? Because anyone who's looked at the history of that knows how well that went.

Quote Originally Posted by vanin View Post
    If this is how the world ends, it's quite a lousy way to go. Talk about going out with a whimper.

Actually, we're doing relatively well at this point in time. And there's a pretty big incentive to keep it that way.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    That was fun, specially when you wrote "freedom", barely 3 countries have that at the moment, just as democracy.

Now, don't let it fool you people, everything is planned and just working as intended.

Yeah, fun facts are that large part of Syrian Rebel army are islamist fundamentalists whom have openly stated they hope to create strict islamist religious state in place of the what could be considered somewhat progressed islamist nation before the civil war, and that big bunch of them are non Syrian that have come to do it.

That is exactly what worries me. What a lot of people, especially from across the Atlantic don't seem to know is that the rebels are for the most part fanatics, that want to establish a far stricter islamic regime on Syria. They have up to now executed, and tortured their way through the country, destroying anything they consider anit-islamic. Assad may be a dictator, but he is far more civilised than the rebels. Only bad things can happen for the people of Syria if the rebels come out on top.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drithiend View Post
    That is exactly what worries me. What a lot of people, especially from across the Atlantic don't seem to know is that the rebels are for the most part fanatics, that want to establish a far stricter islamic regime on Syria. They have up to now executed, and tortured their way through the country, destroying anything they consider anit-islamic. Assad may be a dictator, but he is far more civilised than the rebels. Only bad things can happen for the people of Syria if the rebels come out on top.
    The thing is that many western countries and western posters here in MMO-C support these rebels. Then, if the rebels succeed, turn Syria into shithole and then some extremists attack foreigners, the same posters who defended those rebels will yell "Islam is bad hur bur they bite the hand that helped them blahblah..."

"n 2011 Russia’s gross domestic product[17] grew by 4.2 percent, the world’s third highest growth rate among leading economies. The government expects it to grow 3.7 percent in 2012. "Following a 4.2 percent growth in 2011, we think the slowdown will lead to GDP growth of about 3.5 percent for the full year," S&P Chief Economist for Europe Jean-Michel Six said in a statement.[18]Russian GDP growth for the first half of 2012 was 4.4%. [19]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Russia
    All well and good, but I've a fleet of F-22As that says Russia is going to keep its mouth shut.

This is what I'm interested in aswell. I wouldn't be all that surprised if this was just another "Shelling of Mainila" type of incident since Turkey has been pretty much thirsting for Syrian blood for months now.

(For uneducated, shelling of Mainila is an event in which Soviet Russia used artillery on it's own town and blamed it on Finland to gain a Casus Belli)
    Neither Syrian military nor rebels has claimed responsibility for attacks on Turkey. Now the question is, who would you rather believe? Assad, for whom attack on Turkey would be just about the last decision in his political career and possibly life, or rebels, for whom Turkey's and NATO's intervention is in the best interest?
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

The thing is that many western countries and western posters here in MMO-C support these rebels. Then, if the rebels succeed, turn Syria into shithole and then some extremists attack foreigners, the same posters who defended those rebels will yell "Islam is bad hur bur they bite the hand that helped them blahblah..."
    Yeah, that is why I mentioned it. The thing is though, I do not think it is their fault, just the media creating a false image. I know I get a bit nervous when I hear about some theories regarding subjects that I care about although I know of facts that make those theories obsolete. I can't imagine what it must be like to have the news spam you with 'The plight of the freedom-fighting rebels'.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This could finally be the excuse that NATO has been looking for to intervene in Syria. They've been aching for it and would have done so already were it not for Russia and China dropping the idea in the UN.

10+ Year Old Account
    TURKEY JUST FIRED BACK AT *SYRIAN GOVERNMENT* TARGETS IN SYRIA!

http://www.cnn.com/2012/10/03/world/...html?hpt=hp_c1

I'm kind of happy that someone is finally standing up to the murderous regime of Assad. GO TURKEY

10+ Year Old Account
    TURKEY JUST FIRED BACK AT *SYRIAN GOVERNMENT* TARGETS IN SYRIA!

http://www.cnn.com/2012/10/03/world/...html?hpt=hp_c1

I'm kind of happy that someone is finally standing up to the murderous regime of Assad. GO TURKEY
    There is another thread for that and it is too early to determine who did what. Finally, I assure you that a government formed from that rabble of terrorists and extremists will make Assad regime look like a harmless kitten.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is another thread for that and it is too early to determine who did what. Finally, I assure you that a government formed from that rabble of terrorists and extremists will make Assad regime look like a harmless kitten.
    Not really. Syria's Sunnis are not primarily religious fundamentalists, but they'll probably elect a government congruent to the one Libyans elected (a moderate islamist government friendly to the United States) since Gadaffi and Assad are similar in terms of style of governing/time governing (the Assad dynasty has been there for about as long as Gadaffi was.)

Also, Turkish forces used radar to strike back the area from which the mortars were launched. It was confirmed to by a government area and government troops were hit.