Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Times like this. I'm glad I'm not signed up in the military.

But seriously this had to happen on the debate night. I mean..seriously it couldn't happen on any other day. Well it works to his advance. You cannot undermine the President in a time of war without making the nation look bad. It's a time for uniting so this could prove to be in Obama's favor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyopz View Post
    Not really. Syria's Sunnis are not primarily religious fundamentalists, but they'll probably elect a government congruent to the one Libyans elected (a moderate islamist government friendly to the United States) since Gadaffi and Assad are similar in terms of style of governing/time governing (the Assad dynasty has been there for about as long as Gadaffi was.)

Also, Turkish forces used radar to strike back the area from which the mortars were launched. It was confirmed to by a government area and government troops were hit.
    Syria's Sunnis aren't but this free "Syrian" army is comprised of a group of fundamentalist rabble and extremists which kill civilians just because they're from a different sect. In all honesty, this "Syrian" army is more tied to Al-Qaeda and Taliban than you think and many of those who fight for it aren't actually Syrian.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    Syria's Sunnis aren't but this free "Syrian" army is comprised of a group of fundamentalist rabble and extremists which kill civilians just because they're from a different sect. In all honesty, this "Syrian" army is more tied to Al-Qaeda and Taliban than you think and many of those who fight for it aren't actually Syrian.
    You're beginning to sound more and more like one of those propaganda posters I see occasionally. Many members of my family/close friends have served in the military (intelligence mostly), and I stay up to date on issues such as this. The FSA is a mosaic of many groups, but it is primarily a reflection of the young Sunnis in Syria tired of government marginalization. That being said, though, the FSA has committed significantly less crimes than the Assad regime who gets its regime paramilitary, known as the Shabiha, to wreak havoc upon civilian populations.

Earlier, I was reading a story on the BBC of a man who had his wife taken by the Shabiha, stripped down naked, and then forced to ride in the neighborhood on a tank degraded as a human being. There was another story, earlier, from RT (RussiaToday) that recollected an incident where they went into a house and killed everyone. When the rebels went it after the battle (with the RT reporter), they found a lone kid hiding in a closet under his dead mother.

Shit like that is why I post here, because shit like that reminds me of tactics employed by Nazi Germany during WW2 (and even before) to instill fear into its Jewish populace.

Russia will NOT intervene. They will shake fists and talk tough, but they know better than anyone else that they don't have the strength to conduct any kind of serious military campaign in the modern world. Hey, just a few years ago in that small war with Georgia, Russia suffered disproportionately high losses and displays staggering lack of strategic coordination.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    Russia will NOT intervene. They will shake fists and talk tough, but they know better than anyone else that they don't have the strength to conduct any kind of serious military campaign in the modern world. Hey, just a few years ago in that small war with Georgia, Russia suffered disproportionately high losses and displays staggering lack of strategic coordination.
    That's true. The only reason Russia is taken seriously is their nuclear arsenal.

Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    Times like this. I'm glad I'm not signed up in the military.

But seriously this had to happen on the debate night. I mean..seriously it couldn't happen on any other day. Well it works to his advance. You cannot undermine the President in a time of war without making the nation look bad. It's a time for uniting so this could prove to be in Obama's favor.
    America is not at war though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    America is not at war though.
    Are you kidding me?

Are you kidding me?
    I mean THIS PARTICULAR war. They aren't at war with Syria.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're beginning to sound more and more like one of those propaganda posters I see occasionally. Many members of my family/close friends have served in the military (intelligence mostly), and I stay up to date on issues such as this. The FSA is a mosaic of many groups, but it is primarily a reflection of the young Sunnis in Syria tired of government marginalization. That being said, though, the FSA has committed significantly less crimes than the Assad regime who gets its regime paramilitary, known as the Shabiha, to wreak havoc upon civilian populations.

Earlier, I was reading a story on the BBC of a man who had his wife taken by the Shabiha, stripped down naked, and then forced to ride in the neighborhood on a tank degraded as a human being. There was another story, earlier, from RT (RussiaToday) that recollected an incident where they went into a house and killed everyone. When the rebels went it after the battle (with the RT reporter), they found a lone kid hiding in a closet under his dead mother.

Shit like that is why I post here, because shit like that reminds me of tactics employed by Nazi Germany during WW2 (and even before) to instill fear into its Jewish populace.
    These three links basically say that Al Qaeda is fighting in Syria alongside the rebels.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012...s-battle-syria
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503543_1...ria-civil-war/
    http://www.cfr.org/syria/al-qaedas-specter-syria/p28782

These are three sources which says that the free "Syrian" army will join Al Qaeda if necessary.
    http://rt.com/news/syria-al-qaeda-ex...nsurgents-801/
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-Al-Qaeda.html
    http://www.infowars.com/syrian-rebel...-provide-arms/

I can give you more links from even MORE news agencies which basically says the same thing. Some of them which are "pro-west" (The Guardian, Dailymail, etc...) and some which are "pro-east" (RT etc...). So unless the whole world is lying the free "Syrian" army has Al Qaeda members within it is ranks and is even considering joining forces with them.

Also, the BBC is known to side with the rebels on every article (I read it daily) and question every damn thing that happen to Assad's forces saying it was fabricated and stuff. I am not saying that Assad is the "good guy" here but he is is WAY BETTER than those pesky terrorists.