Thread: Guild lvls?!

Deleted

Guild lvls?!

Am I the only one who missed out on the cancellation on the 5 new guild levels - Or what is happening actually?

Deleted
    There where 5 new Guild levels? When? They certainly never made it into beta.

Deleted
    There were - http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=6...guild-level-30

There is a post there, that says they removed those 5 guild levels tho. But I never heard about it thought - That's what bugging me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Basically, it comes down to whether or not they can give perks that are meaningful, but don't make it impossible to play unless your in a guild.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Deleted
    I think the new perks looked fine - They could eventually bring back Mass Summon at lvl 30?

At some point, they decided not to raise the guild level cap and changed it in the beta, but it was never really announced. I only knew because Ghostcrawler mentioned it on Twitter.

I love the way they changed guild exp, so small guilds like the one I am in can still level. It used to be so bad before, and I hated having to join 250+ people guilds just for the perks. I love the fact that now in my 50 man guild (a lot of them our alts) we've gone from level 10-15 in 9 days, mainly with 2 people carrying to load (me and another guy leveling Panda Monks)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jayishere View Post
    I love the way they changed guild exp, so small guilds like the one I am in can still level. It used to be so bad before, and I hated having to join 250+ people guilds just for the perks. I love the fact that now in my 50 man guild (a lot of them our alts) we've gone from level 10-15 in 9 days, mainly with 2 people carrying to load (me and another guy leveling Panda Monks)
    I'm actually in a 2 person guild lol. Yea Literally.
    We finally got it leveled to 25 and its awesome we would invite some people but then if we don't log on for a month we lose control now. Which I think is really dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Baenesur View Post
    I think the new perks looked fine - They could eventually bring back Mass Summon at lvl 30?
    Then the problem would be: Not level 30? I don't want to join your guild, sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by Smango View Post
    We finally got it leveled to 25 and its awesome we would invite some people but then if we don't log on for a month we lose control now. Which I think is really dumb.
    Pretty sure that they changed it to 60 or 90 days.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reakash View Post
    Then the problem would be: Not level 30? I don't want to join your guild, sorry!
    Aint that the same with Mass Ress?

There is a rank limit on seizing control, can't remember exactly what it is but I think anyone below rank 3 can't over throw a GL. So just make everyone below three before leaving or keep them there.

As for the topic. I don't think there's any big loss. There was only 2 more rewards IIRC, I know the guild rank 30 one was reduced transmog and void storage costs which doesn't make any sense to me as a guild perk, let alone the highest level guild perk.

I'm glad to hear about this though, I missed the announcement and I was wondering where the guild XP bar was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jayishere View Post
    Yeah I'm in a tiny guild too, there was basically 3 of us for the last 6 months but a bunch of them have come back now and we've gone from being a stalled out lvl 18 guild to a lvl 21 and likely a 22 by the time I log in tonight. Will finally get mass rez!! YAY!!

Oh the guild ranking thing is only a person from the next highest level that has logged within the time frame can steal the leadership (so a newbie level can't steal the GL if someone from a higher guild ranking has logged in within the time frame, which use to be 30 days but I don't know now, only that higher level guild member could or anyone from that ranking). So if you invite 3 people and they are all the lowest level, they can steal the GL if no one from a higher ranking logs in within the time frame.
    Last edited by dryankem; 2012-10-04 at 07:11 PM.

make 4 ranks betwen you and the regular members that you don't put anyone in... they can't take control.

Quote Originally Posted by dryankem View Post
    Oh the guild ranking thing is only a person from the next highest level that has logged within the time frame can steal the leadership (so a newbie level can't steal the GL if someone from a higher guild ranking has logged in within the time frame, which use to be 30 days but I don't know now, only that higher level guild member could or anyone from that ranking). So if you invite 3 people and they are all the lowest level, they can steal the GL if no one from a higher ranking logs in within the time frame.
    Now you went and made me look it up :/ you're incorrect. What I said before was correct.

What makes a guild member eligible for leadership?
    Eligibility is determined by guild rank and activity. Eligible characters may be up to the third rank down from Guild Master and must have logged in within the last week. Characters lower than the third rank down from Guild Master will never be eligible to claim guild leadership.
    https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/guild-dethrone

Guild master is rank 0 so anything below 3rd rank can never claim guild leadership. Put all the guild members you don't want to steal control at rank 4 or 5 and you won't have a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Baenesur View Post
    The problem with mass summon was people were not out in the world which on pvp servers especially it made them booring. Seems like alot of the focus in Panda is to get people out doing something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks Dasffion, that's handy to know =) I was convinced it worked liked I mentioned but glad to hear it doesn't.

The 90 day change is nice.
    Last edited by dryankem; 2012-10-04 at 07:33 PM.

The Cataclysm guild level/rep system was just broken. People were incentivized to do things like join giant impersonal guilds that only existed to provide perks. At the same time, small guilds were penalized.

So, they nerfed things so that most guilds should reach lvl 25 without difficulty, just from running quests. Also, new characters can reach exalted almost trivially (I reached exalted with my guild at level 21 on a new character using the 100% guild rep tabard.) It's their way of removing the guild level/rep mechanism without actually removing it.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"