Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Always have tanks taunt at 50.
    That help on paper, in the reality you have the delay for the new petrification to appear, the time it take a boss to move, the fact that the other tank may have gotten out of taunt range while giving room to the melees and then mines are on your way, etc etc that can and will put you in the 80-0-80 situation, if you are not fast enough for these liitle things that add. Shit happens, beware of it. It's why this is a bit harder than it looks the first time you do it.

  2. #42
    Dreadlord Blood fox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    mint army
    Posts
    884
    Quote Originally Posted by Susej View Post
    I have a feeling we were taking too much Jasper Chains damage.

    Could some one explain to me how those are supposed to work. I just dont know when to break them.

    Or how we break them for that matter /sigh.
    Chains will bind two people together, if they are more than 10 yards apart they receive a stacking debuff that deals more damage the higher it stacks, once that debuff hits 15 ( about 110k tick) the chains break. most of the time its not worth breaking the chains, just have your partners buddy up and move out of shit together, however if you feel the need to break chain's ( its on a healer and melee dps) you should only break them during a jasper petrifaction where you take 90% less damage from them.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-04 at 05:46 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    We had the entire group stack and broke no chains at all.
    that feels like a headache with purple & or blue up. that one stack would mean that it is constantly spawning under them.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    That help on paper, in the reality you have the delay for the new petrification to appear, the time it take a boss to move, the fact that the other tank may have gotten out of taunt range while giving room to the melees and then mines are on your way, etc etc that can and will put you in the 80-0-80 situation, if you are not fast enough for these liitle things that add. Shit happens, beware of it. It's why this is a bit harder than it looks the first time you do it.
    Tell your tanks to pay attention to the cats they are tanking, a white sigil will spawn a few seconds before the next petrify and that will alert them to which one will petrify next.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Tholyn View Post
    Tell your tanks to pay attention to the cats they are tanking, a white sigil will spawn a few seconds before the next petrify and that will alert them to which one will petrify next.
    Oh, didn't notice that (though it appeared after beginning). Will be helpful next week, thanks!

  5. #45
    Did it tonight, we stepped in expecting to see the fight and learn it over a few wipes. We ended up hitting enrage at 2.5m due to dead people and killed it a couple of attempts after. Not really hard at all, the Ooze puddles and Chains together are really awkward though and are probably the hardest part of the fight, which wasn't even hard.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Skallfraktur View Post
    We did this with a warrior + dk tank and druid + shaman healer.
    so you did 10man with only two healers?

  7. #47
    Brewmaster Raxxed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    1,483
    Sorry to everyone who pm'd me asking for help. I've had literally 15+ PM's and have been working on getting them answered asap.

    Only 2 more to go!
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.

  8. #48
    Moderator Sonnillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Walking distance from a brewery ;)
    Posts
    2,011
    Did you know that the boss has 8 minute enrage? We found it three times.... Finally we figured the correct tank taunting out, even with the single dog petrifieing and the beast switching So next week we possible will get a kill ^^
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2012-10-04 at 10:06 PM.
    Mari officer/RL/OT of Punished || RECRUITING for WoD
    Stream | Kill Videos | Youtube | Moderator of R & D | Open Raid

  9. #49
    Brewmaster Raxxed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    1,483
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    Did you know that the boss has 8 minute enrage? We found it three times.... Finally we figured the correct tank taunting out, even with the single dog petrifieing and the beast switching So next week we possible will get a kill ^^
    Awesome! Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.

  10. #50
    10 is relatively easy, 25 on other hand is quite chaotic and mistake with taunting is 99% wipe atm. Not mentioning that managing 4 of them is harder only that you sinchonize Taunting of 3 tanks + movement when puddles of purple start to take much of the ground on one spot ( on 10 you dont have to have puddles at all).

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by deeproots79 View Post
    Easy fight. Once taunts are good.
    We tried it for the first time last night. The first 2 hrs were pretty frustrating, we tried different strategies and then finally figured it out, after that our next two attempts went 50% then 25%, this is after our best attempt before had been 64%. We didn't down it because after the last wipe trash respawned and so we'll come back next week. (normal raids are tues-thurs but this was a "hey everyone is kinda geared let's see what happens)

    I agree it's an easy fight once the taunts are good, but till then it sucks.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-05 at 03:42 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Tholyn View Post
    Tell your tanks to pay attention to the cats they are tanking, a white sigil will spawn a few seconds before the next petrify and that will alert them to which one will petrify next.
    Now this is useful info. I noticed the sigil but didn't' recognize what it meant.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-05 at 03:43 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukem View Post
    10 is relatively easy, 25 on other hand is quite chaotic and mistake with taunting is 99% wipe atm. Not mentioning that managing 4 of them is harder only that you sinchonize Taunting of 3 tanks + movement when puddles of purple start to take much of the ground on one spot ( on 10 you dont have to have puddles at all).
    The puddles are based upon which boss you have up at the moment. Amethyst gives puddles, so we had them last night with Amethyst/Jade/Jasper.
    edit: realized you didn't say that they never appear on 10, just that you don't always have them.
    Last edited by Thirtyrock; 2012-10-05 at 03:44 PM.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Zues View Post
    Don't stand in puddles, only break chains while jasper is overloading.
    If you're a ranged pair you don't even have to break the chains.

    Biggest problem we had was tanks who didn't switch mobs fast enough.

  13. #53
    Pandaren Monk Spacebubble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sylvanas EU - Denmark
    Posts
    1,953
    2 shot it with ease, first try we died to the OT getting himself killed somehow. very simple and easy encounter

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacebot View Post
    2 shot it with ease, first try we died to the OT getting himself killed somehow. very simple and easy encounter
    We tried for the first time last night, 13 pulls we tried. First we were taunting about every 20 seconds back and forth, and making it down to 64% or so before wiping.

    realized that wasn't working so we tried me tanking one boss at all times and switching the other two, this worked better but we still sometimes had unmitigated overloads going off.

    Finally figured it out and got it down to 25% then trash respawned and we called it a night. We had some people had 450 ilvl gear, with better gear and knowing the fight we'll down it quickly next week.

  15. #55
    Does anyone know how to get all three bosses health bars up oat the same time so it's easy to taunt and see energy? thanks.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by BetrayedOf52 View Post
    Does anyone know how to get all three bosses health bars up oat the same time so it's easy to taunt and see energy? thanks.
    I thought the default UI has a boss 'section' on the right part of the screen?

    If you are using any kind of unit frame addon, there should be a section where you can set raid boss frames.





    The Fight can be confusing, especially for the tanks if you don't understand what is needed to be done. Once you get the hang of it, it will seem easy

  17. #57
    Someone explain the chains to me... wiping us all night.

  18. #58
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Brawl Pub
    Posts
    3,067
    It was explained a few posts back - paired people stack a damage debuff on themselves if they're more than 10 yards apart, it only breaks at 15 stacks. You have two options:

    1) Don't break the chains at all. Easy if it's 2 melee, 2 ranged, 2 healers, or a ranged/healer

    2) Break the chain (IE, time the 15 stack) during Jasper petrification, which mitigates the damage of the chains by 90%. Requires much more coordination and a knowledge of timing.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Selkinor View Post
    Someone explain the chains to me... wiping us all night.
    The chains start dealing damage when the 2 that are chained are 10+ yards away. You need to be away for 15 seconds to break the chain

    The thing is, it does fire damage and the longer you are apart, the damage will get greater and it will strain your healers mana greatly.

    Something that a lot of people dont understand about the Petrification is that it has 2 effects.
    One is that when stacked to 100, you are frozen solid and its basically a wipe.
    The second is that the petrification provides a 90% damage reduction of the same gem/color/element to the players.

    So what you should be doing is stacking up for chains until the Jasper (the one that casts the chains. Fire damage reduction 90%) starts his petrifictaion phase, and start breaking it when its up. You'll take almost no damage and your healers will have a better time.

    Watch out when the Jasper's energy is almost full (80 and so ). At that point if a chain is cast, that group should not try to break it, just stack up. ( You might get hit by the last few ticks and their damage might be deadly, as the damage increase is still happening)


    Jasper: Fire-fire chains Petrification gives 90% fire damage reduction
    Amethyst: Shadow-Pool Petrification gives 90% shadow damage reduction
    Cobalt: Arcane - Mines Petrification gives 90% arcane damage reduction
    Jade: Nature - shards (cannot be avoided) Petrification gives 90% nature damage reduction
    Last edited by BLSTMASTER; 2012-10-06 at 02:00 AM.

  20. #60
    is the "petrification" indicated in any way?
    we did kill it but, the current petrification was recognized by waiting for the 'system message' - we did not see any debuffs - stacking or not

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •