Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    This fight wasn't super hard, but also not easy and quite fun. 99% of your success depend on your tanks, we had to switch one after an hour of wipe, and after that there was no problem. Too bad we had only 2 attempts on second boss before we had to call it, but I hope it will be good on monday.

It was quite challenging for us at first but it mainly comes down to your tanks getting the taunt switching down. Once they got into the groove of that we made the most progress and went from having 70% wipes to 40% and then killed it shortly after that. Just one of those bosses that coordination is what's mainly needed.

Yeah took us 3.5 hours to down it, like everyone else said taunting is a huge huge part of the fight, you need to control who is overloading when and that is all on tanks, and dps need to not tunnel an look out for bad shit = GG but is easier said then done. But also think about doin BWD or BOT in Cata in all 346 and 333 blues, would be hard as fuck. Once gear goes up an tanks have around 750K hp and dps is doin around 100K+ dps will be easy just gotta get thru the 1st couple phases of gearing players.

We did it tonight and I was tanking one of the sets of Adds. It was going well and we made serious progress (best attempt 41%) :/ I was kicking myself at the end of the night, It was Midnight and I started making really stupid mistakes. At the end of the day though, Taunt fights aren't bad I find. My friend and I had our rhythm down by the end of the night, But we had an absolutely horrendous shaman PuG (Our guild Shaman was doubling their heals, and consistently had more mana)

We had Jade/Amethyst/Jasper. And I find that the most annoying thing was DPS not paying attention and literally surrounding me with freaking puddles. It's easy enough to heroic leap over them (And gives the healers a break while the boss gets off me for a second, heh) But It's still annoying (We were doing the kite slowly backwards strat)

With the "kiting backwards" Strat, should the dps not just be in the center of the room, moving out of pools as necessary? I kept finding people behind me, It was driving me absolutely insane.

10+ Year Old Account
    We used the same tactic as Tpyo, and well. We start so, that both tanks pull the bosses. DPS starts moving from the stairs where the bosses are and stay in the middle section or behind the tanks. We had 3 melee and 2 ranged on our best try, so very melee heavy group and well the both tanks were surrounded with stuff. Had Amethyst, Jade, Cobolt (shit on top of shit). We tried the guide version of "staying in the middle for DPS and healers", but that one didn't really work out for us. If the DPS started near the bosses the pools of purple stuff and Cobolt bombs where more or less under control (sure CD here and there to stand in puddle to build up vengence or just to try to move to a better location was needed). Our best attempt was few mil. left on the HP, but we discovered the 8 minute enrage timer...

Not that hard a boss, but punishing as hell for melee-heavy groups if you get Amethyst. Basically end up having to kite the dogs in a circle around the room constantly moving.

If you have competent tanks then its fairly easy. We had Jade, Cobolt and Amethyst. Our SP cleared most of the traps and our healers where ready if the melee took a trap aswell.
    Video from our kill: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caRad...&feature=g-upl
    Edit: Vent included btw, could be usefull. Not that we're to bright or awesome but still. :P
    Last edited by NoxxusKT; 2012-10-06 at 08:10 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Our guild is also struggling with this. It's unbeliavably complicated to be the first boss in a raid. Best attempt was 44% ish after many, many attempts. Taunt one second too late, it's a wipe. Stand in a puddle a second too long, you die and most likely others will soon too because of that. Seems more like heroic mode. O:

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

10+ Year Old Account
    It is complicated as long as your tanks figure it out. Took us 2 raid nights (me and the other tank in guild) to finally grasp on how and when we should taunt. Even on how to taunt if the guardian that stands alone (in 10-man) starts casting it's debuff.

As for the black puddles, well. As a tank you can stand in it for 1-2 stacks if you use a CD or 2, but usually just stand in place and move when you really have to or in Amethyst debuff, where the black puddle does 90% less damage, enjoy the vengence (yes get a note from your healer, that you should really move, but well...).

Just keep at it and as soon as you tanks work it out, it will be just increasing your DPS (has 8 minute enrage (cursed low gear on several attempts)), making them aware of all the bad things and well healers managing their healing and mana.

Hard if you don't understand tacts / have bad tanks, can't wait till this thing hits the LFR
    I've no idea what to write here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fight didn't seem that bad, we got it down after a few attempts. Tanks got their taunts down and with the chains we just never broke them since that was easier on heals for us.

We did it missing Jasper with only one ranged, and two random puggers. Dealing with those shitty green crystals was kind annoying with all the melee, but our biggest problem was that the healers initially weren't used to having to actually heal properly (rather than just herp a derping it up with constant spam as if mana didn't matter, which doesn't fly when you need to sustain 150k hps for the entire fight), and the tanks taunting (or, rather, failing to do so).

Got them after 5-6 wipes, with one due to healers running oom and the rest to taunt fails. A pretty good entry-level encounter, if you ask me, with the only real "difficult" thing being getting the tanks to taunt off each other properly.

Our gear level was mostly heroic gear, some pvp blues, and a few greens here and there (we're fairly 'casual', I suppose), and 1-2 low-level epics on a couple of the members from sha of anger; nothing fancy.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

10+ Year Old Account
    My guild went in tonight and got roflstomped for quite some time. Skeletons piled up and such. It's a fight thats really up to the tanks and healers and getting used to the chains. Obviously dont stand in the puddles and try to control the explosions.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

10 man is easy 25 man is a different story.

Went into 10 man without ever seeing the fight before and downed it in 4 attempts. We had 6 guildies and pugged 4 others.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Morghie View Post
    is the "petrification" indicated in any way?
    we did kill it but, the current petrification was recognized by waiting for the 'system message' - we did not see any debuffs - stacking or not
    De boss itself will get an extra buff. Also the boss itself will start to "radiate"

Hmm, it was the easiest of the fights compared to 25 man equivalents (both easier and simpler). Only issue was sometimes I was getting splattered as a tank, not dying but a bit of burst. Good use of cooldowns made it so I never died, but I only had 455 ilvl so I expected that.
    One shot with an alt/leftover mains group.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Our guild is also struggling with this. It's unbeliavably complicated to be the first boss in a raid. Best attempt was 44% ish after many, many attempts. Taunt one second too late, it's a wipe. Stand in a puddle a second too long, you die and most likely others will soon too because of that. Seems more like heroic mode. O:
    Main tank makes sure he has petrifying doggie
    OT makes sure he has highest energy non petrifying doggie.

Everyone else stays out of poo on the ground.

It takes a while to get your head around it but thats all there is to the fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bit of a nightmare fight for a first boss, we got to 34%, a few dps were undergeared so hopefully thursday people will have worked on it a bit and we can down it. Not a nice fight to start the tier off imo, its quite deflating to wipe on the first boss :S

After two nights on this (one Jade, Amethyst, Cobalt and one Jasper, Amethyst, Cobalt) we still haven't managed better than 50% or so. Our main problem remains that the tanks haven't got it figured out yet, but we're finally starting to get some wipes that are everyone else's fault instead - jasper chains are a common problem, as is DPS standing in mines, and healers running OOM because there's too much incoming damage and not enough outgoing damage We'll get there sooner or later - in the meantime I'm simultaneously glad that this isn't faceroll (shudder at the memory or Morchok) and worried how we'll fare on subsequent bosses if people are saying this one's the gentle introduction.

10+ Year Old Account
    My guild is planning to do 3 Tanks, 4 Healers...in a 10man. Lulz?