Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    I haven't raided in a long time but this expansion I thought I'd give it a try and joined a little 10 man raiding guild. They had some fancy raid titles so I thought those guys knew how to not stand in the fire. Well, 3 raid days and +-60 wipes later and we still haven't killed the first boss. Half of the time the wrong dog overloads, the other half people die to stupid shit like jasperchains. The fact that most of our DPS can barely break 30k DPS doesn't help either, I don't even know if we can make the enrage timer.
    *sigh*

Wait, 10m only has 3 dogs up at one time? That makes the fight 10x easier. If that's the case, 2 tank, 4 heal, 4 DPS, and win.

EDIT - On heroic I mean.
    Last edited by Adornus; 2012-10-12 at 07:48 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    As the offtank for this fight I.... LOVE THIS FIGHT!!!!

This fight is going to test how well your tanks play as a team. After rading all of DS with our MT this boss was fairly easy once we understood what was killing us. This fight is really not a gear check (look at my aromory I'm not even able to do LFR yet) and is really a communication check.

What we did was let myself call out when I was taunting and our MT simply taunted my target off me each time I called for a taunt. The first taunt seems to set up the entire fight. If Petrify gose on one of the 2 adds the MT is tanking then it's a cakewalk setup... wait for the non petrify to get to about 40 energy, call for target swap and BAM your in buisness. Now only taunt the highest non petrify target as the OT and keep an eye on all the energy bars...so long as you always have the higest energy non petrified dog on you the raid should just be focusing on Mass DPS while not standing in bad shit.

It's on the tanks not to blow up the raid and the OT making the calls properly = win

Deleted
    Normal combinations?, not a morchok but easy

puddles, cobalt traps and chains?, the hardest of the 4 first bosses, wich shouldn´t and thats why it will get a nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePants999 View Post
    After two nights on this (one Jade, Amethyst, Cobalt and one Jasper, Amethyst, Cobalt) we still haven't managed better than 50% or so. Our main problem remains that the tanks haven't got it figured out yet, but we're finally starting to get some wipes that are everyone else's fault instead - jasper chains are a common problem, as is DPS standing in mines, and healers running OOM because there's too much incoming damage and not enough outgoing damage We'll get there sooner or later - in the meantime I'm simultaneously glad that this isn't faceroll (shudder at the memory or Morchok) and worried how we'll fare on subsequent bosses if people are saying this one's the gentle introduction.
    Don't worry too much, this is a fight that when it clicks you will look back and think "what was all the fuss about!?"

Feng has 3 phases that are all pretty fun and you can perfect them one by one so wiping is really a learning experience.

Gara'jal is pretty good fun too, deffo harder than the other 2 imo but I loved the fight ever since I saw it on a beta vid.

Can't comment on the rest :P

Quote Originally Posted by Dethbyte View Post
    so you did 10man with only two healers?
    Yes we always do 10 man with 2 healers. There are extreme circumstances we will 3 heal.

Deleted
    Why do you break the chains? In the 2nd week we had the chain boss, we just used a "buddy system" in which the people who were chained hugged for the duration of the fight. We got 3/4 sets of chains and no more after that.