Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Stagger Add-on Question

So I was looking at the Brewmaster Guide and noticed a few add-ons that could be useful (mainly MonkTimers) but I wasn't sure on a few things. Is there an add-on that will let me move my stagger debuff to be more in the center of the screen by my character? This way I can more easily see when it reaches certain levels.

I use Brewmaster Tao.

It's not in the curse app, but installs just fine. I downloaded it from wow-interface. I haven't geeked out on weak auras yet, but this worked great for raid yesterday.

The further I get into understanding Weak Auras, the fewer other addons I use. It tracks Stagger just fine and if I could figure out how to use it as a boss timer, I wouldn't have to use anything else .

Weak Auras doesn't mess with my other buttons does it? Cause the only thing I really want it to do is be able to move my stagger debuff over by my character

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jinzeng View Post
    I use Brewmaster Tao.

It's not in the curse app, but installs just fine. I downloaded it from wow-interface. I haven't geeked out on weak auras yet, but this worked great for raid yesterday.
    This addon seems to be bugged or something for me. It's showing the numbers and percentages on top of each other making it pretty much impossible to tell.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisKoe View Post
    The further I get into understanding Weak Auras, the fewer other addons I use. It tracks Stagger just fine and if I could figure out how to use it as a boss timer, I wouldn't have to use anything else .
    I'm just starting to get into weak auras, how do you track stagger with it? Also can you have it set to like...flash red when its time to purify?

Quote Originally Posted by sporkisfaster View Post
    I'm just starting to get into weak auras, how do you track stagger with it? Also can you have it set to like...flash red when its time to purify?
    I made 3 separate auras. Track the debuffs Light Stagger, Moderate Stagger and Heavy Stagger.

I just "copied" the default stagger debuff.
    String looks like this:

Code:
    dStocaGErIEjPu2fO41IkZKuI5kfMnr(KiLVrkvhgyNs1Er7Mk7xu4NqPHPI(nexteYqfjmyqWWPWbbrNseQJjLUTkSqIYsfLwSivlNKhsu9uLhRspxvJseXuPQjdPPl5IGQRkIYLfUofTrqPNjI0MjvBhKACIO6KsrFMsFxeyKGKPjQA0KIXlc6sIKUfPKonHZdflde6Vq1nffnBPNtW1S7HNfwiLdVrt5y7RHHseFHlUio8RgqofaxfOCpxlm5Hr7WKiUdouou650rC1ePmyVn5COI3qcGzf4M75s1GlHy11)OyhINCFbU5(uGiCfNC4Dp8SCyWQR)rXUwt65jhafvucehqcVucRnup9S4eOCRawBO4kLWAdf9CoWrGJyekqHO40fo0KKwQFAjMZboINE2B5GkaqJjdiScyTHIfN5h4oWrqzCVz6xetxrzCoWrWTcyTHIt3us6VahLXHgPBQR7XyeCqbz2mHnzAHfxceOLg2ZFY5mp8kH1gQN9wonHWQPyp)jNkSceNhJrWjUioojeak9CMFGFLa)tzCkePGEUdtPsqplwCMFG)gXLY4EJ4sp3lCwPG9wwCxjW)0Z9cNvk4YeBxBSyXIdqphubaAmzaHvaRnuCn7E4zHfs5WB0uo2(AyOeXx4IlId)QbKtbWvbkloOzVn)5jls

I use MonkTimers for Stagger. It has an icon and a bar that show me how much damage I'm taking on the DoT. I turn off the of buff icons b/c I use weak auras for shuffle and guard.

Weakauras hands down is the way to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd have to advocate WA's myself. The big glowing/flashing Yellow and Red aura's around my entire character make it pretty obvious it's time to hit PB.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisKoe View Post
    I just "copied" the default stagger debuff.
    String looks like this:

Code:
    dStocaGErIEjPu2fO41IkZKuI5kfMnr(KiLVrkvhgyNs1Er7Mk7xu4NqPHPI(nexteYqfjmyqWWPWbbrNseQJjLUTkSqIYsfLwSivlNKhsu9uLhRspxvJseXuPQjdPPl5IGQRkIYLfUofTrqPNjI0MjvBhKACIO6KsrFMsFxeyKGKPjQA0KIXlc6sIKUfPKonHZdflde6Vq1nffnBPNtW1S7HNfwiLdVrt5y7RHHseFHlUio8RgqofaxfOCpxlm5Hr7WKiUdouou650rC1ePmyVn5COI3qcGzf4M75s1GlHy11)OyhINCFbU5(uGiCfNC4Dp8SCyWQR)rXUwt65jhafvucehqcVucRnup9S4eOCRawBO4kLWAdf9CoWrGJyekqHO40fo0KKwQFAjMZboINE2B5GkaqJjdiScyTHIfN5h4oWrqzCVz6xetxrzCoWrWTcyTHIt3us6VahLXHgPBQR7XyeCqbz2mHnzAHfxceOLg2ZFY5mp8kH1gQN9wonHWQPyp)jNkSceNhJrWjUioojeak9CMFGFLa)tzCkePGEUdtPsqplwCMFG)gXLY4EJ4sp3lCwPG9wwCxjW)0Z9cNvk4YeBxBSyXIdqphubaAmzaHvaRnuCn7E4zHfs5WB0uo2(AyOeXx4IlId)QbKtbWvbkloOzVn)5jls
    Does this also display the damage being taken by the DOT?

10+ Year Old Account
    Does this also display the damage being taken by the DOT?
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...masterTao.html
    Currently tracks:
    - Total Stagger damage waiting to be taken (as a number and a percent of total health). The bar changes color to indicate your stagger status (Light / Moderate / Heavy).
    - Power Strikes Internal Cooldown

I'm not sure how concerned about the exact value of the stagger dot is (though I like it as a % value of health). Same as on my DK I mostly used Blood Shield Tracker to visually let me know when I was going to get > min heal/shield from a Death Strike, the exact value of the heal/shield wasn't a big factor to me.

Power Strikes can also be tracked in WA but I haven't had time to create a string that does this (any help here would be nice).
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

btw, look for the Weakaura thread for brewmaster in this class forum. lot's of scripts posted.

I started using Weakauras and I am really enjoying it thank you everyone. But I don't know how to write codes for it yet. I am trying to write a code to show the ICD on Healing Elixirs, anyone have any advice or an already written code?

Quote Originally Posted by Noviskers View Post
    I started using Weakauras and I am really enjoying it thank you everyone. But I don't know how to write codes for it yet. I am trying to write a code to show the ICD on Healing Elixirs, anyone have any advice or an already written code?

I just quickly set this up, you might want to change the appearance.

Code:
    det7baGljLTjkZej1Sf52IQDQkTxYULY(PO(jfXFrIFdXGPknCHCqKehtPoNuPfsrAXuflxWdvf5PGhtL65iMkKMmv10vCrQKdRKlJ66uAJQcxtO2mf2UQQVbLpdvtts(UQOgjv4zsQgTuX4LOlHK0TOIoTkNxQACQkldPgMewBHkixGVaFHkW)irPvpkxocOAKGjC44CqOcM(iwa)ZTrabXgCZcCWR01Wn71v6kVaraX6H)52awdJRuafhUOc1c8TH1Cinb7yb8p3gbpHK7znM9sncUalHPqI4u6DLZYub2g)ZTrWC5SValHPqqSb3STDJmvabXgCZ22ncIsREoiWsykeeBWnlpcSeMYYgwO9rS8iGeXP07kNf4GxPRHB2RR0vEbIgbbg)qAO9rSGHlhbpF(th9aROE2hgnnwb9hnwmTmCw9jOzZrdhoohi6Dl48f4GxPRHB2RR0vEbIGo8H3z0JmS446DZWIZWk27Vkz4SQRGstmmi8Ox6SmbjKLVqfeqsSqfKBtZjunA0iO3eddcp6HZ4ng9UGENvS)WQ3LwgoRQ0iGiyxRQgwTyb)6DxvuOrca

Deleted
    Weakauras or TellMeWhen, they're basically the same. No need to use an extra addon imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noviskers View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIF25...feature=relmfu
    [/URL]

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll post my Weak Auras string when I get home from work tonight. I can't take credit for the entire work as I got it from the original Brewmaster Weak Auras post. I have made some modifications to it for personal preference though.

It shows me everything I need to know. Tiger Palm stacks, Guard CD, When to use Elusive Brew, when Shuffle is down, When Power Guard is available, Chi, CD of Keg Smash, Rushing Jade Wind and Expel Harm.

As a longtime Power Aura Classic user, I've recently converted to WeakAuras

Don't get me wrong...I loved me my POWA and knew pretty much everything with it...but once you get over the learning curve of POWA to WA, WA is like POWA on steroids.

I haven't found anything I can't do in WA yet given enough time...now granted I'm not up to my old POWA proficiency (I was prone to make POWAs mid battle or during a run back) but I'm getting there.