Page 1 of 31
1
2
3
11
... LastLast
  1. #1
    Epic! Edison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Roaming around.
    Posts
    1,514

    Why is Pandaren "Childish"

    I've heard alot of hate lately on mop because of Pandarens and "Pokémon" so I just have to get this out there

    I just wanna ask all of you who says that pandaren made the game childish etc etc, we have walking walrus-people, holy cows, space goats, fish men, bearpeople (furbolgs) yeah you get the deal. But all of a sudden a Panda creature is crossing the line. I don't see the logic here.
    If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

  2. #2
    Pandas whos racial focus is kung-fu...

    I dont know how else to answer your question.
    World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade
    See you in WoD!

  3. #3
    Epic! Edison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Roaming around.
    Posts
    1,514
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Pandas whos racial focus is kung-fu...

    I dont know how else to answer your question.
    You didn't answer it at all, how is holy priest cows any better?
    If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

  4. #4
    Dreadlord Killmaim Deathbringer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Robot Monkey Pirate Island
    Posts
    962
    Because of this film


  5. #5
    Mechagnome SanderZammy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Take a guess... no, NOT THERE! You and your dirty mind.
    Posts
    732
    Cows have been in movies too. See, that's how pointless your argument is.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Edison View Post
    You didn't answer it at all, how is holy priest cows any better?
    People dont associate cows as being childish, they associate them with being an animal that produces milk, beef and other food stuffs. People associate pandas as cudley, cute, playful, childlike, etc etc etc. You get the idea. Also what Killmaim Deathbringer said.

    ---------- Post added 2012-09-26 at 11:19 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by SanderZammy View Post
    Cows have been in movies too. See, that's how pointless your argument is.
    Your point was crushed by my point above.
    World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade
    See you in WoD!

  7. #7
    OP's question is new and refreshing. I've never seen a thread discussing this particular topic.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Killmaim Deathbringer View Post
    Because of this film

    Since when got MoP an animated movie??!!

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Since when got MoP an animated movie??!!
    I dont want to be grammar police here, but to say that correctly: Since when did MoP get an animated movie??!!

    I'm just being nice, and not being a meanie here, just trying to help out!
    World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade
    See you in WoD!

  10. #10
    Epic! Edison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Roaming around.
    Posts
    1,514
    Quote Originally Posted by Baalb View Post
    OP's question is new and refreshing. I've never seen a thread discussing this particular topic.
    What a creative post, really answers the question I asked.
    If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

  11. #11
    Mechagnome SanderZammy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Take a guess... no, NOT THERE! You and your dirty mind.
    Posts
    732
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    People dont associate cows as being childish, they associate them with being an animal that produces milk, beef and other food stuffs. People associate pandas as cudley, cute, playful, childlike, etc etc etc. You get the idea. Also what Killmaim Deathbringer said.
    Ehm, no? While I agree they may not actively try to kill you, they're very dangerous, not cuddly at all. Also, why can't we milk Taurens yet?! QQ

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Your point was crushed by my point above.
    No it wasn't, a clip that is in no way whatsoever linked to Pandaren doesn't crush anything but the last few sparks of your own maturity considering your narrow-minded view on this.

  12. #12
    I don't want to cuddle with a cow, but with panda, hell yeah

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Edison View Post
    I've heard alot of hate lately on mop because of Pandarens and "Pokémon" so I just have to get this out there

    I just wanna ask all of you who says that pandaren made the game childish etc etc, we have walking walrus-people, holy cows, space goats, fish men, bearpeople (furbolgs) yeah you get the deal. But all of a sudden a Panda creature is crossing the line. I don't see the logic here.
    ''Hurr durr y u hate panduz?'' It's not a space goat, it's a Draenei, get it right. Tauren are minotaurs, and that makes them totally awesome. Ginyu are samurai, nuff said. Plus, they don't have an entire continent dedicated to them. They don't have so much lore written for them like the Pandaren. By your retarded logic, you are not allowed to dislike ANYTHING? Some people don't like the Pandaren, you can't live with that? It's my right to hate the Pandaren. You don't agree with me? Screw you then Oh gasp, I can't hate them because you said so? Oh my, I'm so sad...

    What are you going to do? Capslock me to death, saying I'm not allowed to hate the Pandaren? Who are you to tell me such a thing. You are not my boss to tell me what to do.
    Last edited by Shiro Tagachi; 2012-09-26 at 11:32 PM.


  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Edison View Post
    I've heard alot of hate lately on mop because of Pandarens and "Pokémon" so I just have to get this out there

    I just wanna ask all of you who says that pandaren made the game childish etc etc, we have walking walrus-people, holy cows, space goats, fish men, bearpeople (furbolgs) yeah you get the deal. But all of a sudden a Panda creature is crossing the line. I don't see the logic here.
    I'd suggest it's from the way panda bears have been marketed by China and the WWE (Wildlife, not Wrestling), where pandas are often used in cute, warm and loving fuzzy wuzzy depictions. They neglect to display that pandas can quite happily tear other animals and also humans apart if required to defend themselves. It's kind of like how polar bears looks so awesome and cute, until you see them eating a seal.

  15. #15
    Stood in the Fire raintrees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    and the forest will echo with laughter
    Posts
    412
    because misery loves company and the easiest thing to do is hate something. so hey jump on the "i hate _____" bandwagon and finally get a sense of belonging.

  16. #16
    Tauren lean more towards minotaur than cow...pandas are pandas.
    The Minotaur have very well established lore in myth history, as well as in the fantasy world.

    Pandas dont. Pandas are Pandas, when you think of one you think of two things probably...an animal going into extinction and kung fu panda.
    When you think of a Minotaur, you probably think dangerous beast before you think cowlol.

  17. #17
    Mechagnome SanderZammy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Take a guess... no, NOT THERE! You and your dirty mind.
    Posts
    732
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
    By your retarded logic, you are not allowed to dislike ANYTHING? Some people don't like the Pandaren, you can't live with that? It's my right to hate the Pandaren. You don't agree with me? Screw you then
    The whole point here is the argument 'haters' have to dislike it. A single movie, released about four years after Pandaren were seen in Warcraft, suddenly leads people to believe that Blizzard made them up afterwards. And sure, they have martial arts (not kungfu!) in common, but eh, that's about it? Also, I hope that you're not so closed off from other people's opinions on everything in your life. It must be very lonely like that, cursing at people who disagree with you on such small issues at the first occasion.

    Quote Originally Posted by raintrees View Post
    because misery loves company and the easiest thing to do is hate something. so hey jump on the "i hate _____" bandwagon and finally get a sense of belonging.
    Very true! Complaining is so much 'easier' than complimenting, so people tend to go with that most of the time. It's also easy to take things for granted, while people do want every small issue 'fixed' immediately. Wouldnt it be great if all the people who like stuff Blizzard does would post that on the forums too (well, besides the fact that it'd be an endless stream of threads which would get in the way - oh look, that's how easy it is to complain, even about something positive!).
    Last edited by SanderZammy; 2012-09-26 at 11:43 PM.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by SanderZammy View Post
    Ehm, no? While I agree they may not actively try to kill you, they're very dangerous, not cuddly at all. Also, why can't we milk Taurens yet?! QQ


    No it wasn't, a clip that is in no way whatsoever linked to Pandaren doesn't crush anything but the last few sparks of your own maturity considering your narrow-minded view on this.
    People generally associate pandas as cudley, cute, etc etc. YOU may associate them with as ferocious, but the majority of people (worldwide) do not.
    World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade
    See you in WoD!

  19. #19
    Warchief Shroud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Google it
    Posts
    2,056
    i still dont understand how kung fu panda is an insult the movie is really good hell if i see a kung fu panda ref in mist of pandaria ill laugh my ass off.

    yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Pandas whos racial focus is kung-fu...

    I dont know how else to answer your question.
    Cool story bro. Let's look at the facts:

    2002: Warcraft 3 is released
    2003: Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne is released
    (Chen Stormstout was in WC3: TFT)
    2008: Kung Fu Panda is out in Cinemas
    2012: World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria is released
    (The Pandaren race and monk class is unlocked with the expansion)

    So really, Pandas in Warcraft first showed up in 2003. Kung Fu Panda, the movie you seem to assume created the idea of an anthropomorphic Panda, was almost 5 years after Chen Stormstout's little adventure in Durotar.

    Nice try though buddy. You almost had the OP believing you, I am sure of it (roll's eyes)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominating View Post
    I wish Blizzard would realize that adding features designed to achieve convenience for players in turn make this game more of a job

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •