Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

anathema/benediction appreciation thread

does it make me a gigantic noob that half of the reason i finally came back was to transmog my beloved anathema?
    (edit: i really didnt intend for this to sound as elitist as it does, im just glad i held onto that thing for so long)
    Last edited by shamozzle; 2012-10-03 at 09:55 PM.

I was extremely jealous when Transmog came out. I quickly looked around for the same look (model/color), but alas came up dry. I do like my Staff of the Redeemer though! (Staff of Exodar look-a-like).

Quote Originally Posted by TCD4LYFE View Post
    I was extremely jealous when Transmog came out.
    Agree. Anathema is hand's down the best looking Staff ingame. Sadly i started my US Account too late to obtain the weapon. Wondering if the Staff ever gonna show up @ Black Market Auction House.

10+ Year Old Account
    It'll probably end up on the BMAH, they seem hell bent on making sure no one is a special snowflake

I love this staff and it covers enchants, too!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    I love this staff and it covers enchants, too!
    i kinda wish it showed them, always wanted unholy on it hehe

I'm pissed at myself for not getting that staff during 3.x when I still had the chance but pushed it farther away.
    Then after 4.0 I read that it isn't possible anymore. Great...

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah... I had it on my old account... After I thought I was finished playing I sold it. After coming back and leveling my Priest up, I started to get it only to find they removed it. Sad Panda indeed...

Honestly, what was the point of removing this item?

anathema + t6 + onyxe panther* = giant priest swag

*it has the same eye color as the anathema effect.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ya I'm tempted to get a staff this tier over my MH/OH combo so I can xmog it into Anathema (or Terokk Shadowstaff, because that's beautiful too) - previously I was stuck with ugly Dragonwrath - even though I loved Tarecgosa and her words of encouragement, and her mount/form - the staff itself was hideous, and Power Torrent was probably the ugliest enchant ever. They need to make an option to disable graphical weapon enchants so we can see the weapons - too pretty to be stuck with ugly enchant glows.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    the staff situation is a sad state of affairs. i had to switch to a wand/oh for like a 40% stat increase. not seeing much of ANYTHING in the future for staff options

Quote Originally Posted by shamozzle View Post
    the staff situation is a sad state of affairs. i had to switch to a wand/oh for like a 40% stat increase. not seeing much of ANYTHING in the future for staff options
    At least with ToES open now we have access to a worthwhile staff now: Jin'ya, Orb of the Waterspeaker. Since it has the legendary socket, it is roughly the same as BiS MH+OH (minus the +170int OH enchant). If you get a weapon (and are a race that benefits from it) that gives +1%expertise, then MH/OH pulls even further ahead. The only upside to staff vs. MH+OH (aside from Xmog) is that it is 1 item to acquire instead of two.
    @TwintopTahoe Twintop @ Illidan-US HowToPriest
    Simulate Your Character on Beotorch! https://www.beotorch.com/

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well i saw 1 person with it, elcon or something and he is a pvper appearently.. but this guy was backpeddeling and make the shadow priests cry behind their computers.. i died a litlte inside.

Deleted
    Is it really that great looking? I'm using the staff from Kil'jaeden.. tho I'm a blood elf, so I guess I'm biased.

<--- Vanilla Raider

WTB Benediction

(images taken from WoWhead)

Benediction

Anathema

When you factor in everything about it...it carries a lot of importance to individuals. I can safely say that I've never X-mog'd an item on any character, but if I got a meh staff this would probably be what I'd X-mog it to.
    @TwintopTahoe Twintop @ Illidan-US HowToPriest
    Simulate Your Character on Beotorch! https://www.beotorch.com/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Hoping it stays unique, like the hunter bow aswell. Love those 2 items to bits, they were legendary in their own right.
    I wish that a staff was actually good for priest healers so we could transmog it

Benediction all the way.

10+ Year Old Account
    A guild mate in Wrath made me come and help him get it. I already had the parts from like BC so I figured I might as well get it too.

Then I put it somewhere in the dark recesses of my bank and never thought about it.

If I x-mog a staff I go with Clemency usually.

/indifferent

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TaurenNinja View Post
    I'm pissed at myself for not getting that staff during 3.x when I still had the chance but pushed it farther away.
    Then after 4.0 I read that it isn't possible anymore. Great...
    Happened to me also I was like nah not today, not in the mood, not today.. OH FOR **** SAKE
    Retired... but for how long? WAS DRAGGED TO THE LEGION HYPETRAIN!!!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Vashiq/simple