Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    Dungeon lvling experience is completely different from endgame PvE experience. DG lvling is a far more traumatic experience for one.
    No, leveling dungeons are impossibly easy. No more traumatic at all.

Despite having, OMG, not played the game in so long, I can say with confidence that people are still as rude as ever. It sucks that it's a part of the game.

While I agree that the guys you ran with were jerks, I have really never understood why people play MMOs to ONLY PvP. Shouldn't you be playing an FPS or something for pure PvP?

Quote Originally Posted by pallydan View Post
    General rule for trash tanking:

-Prioritize on AoE abilities and spam those buttons like crazy
    -Don't waste rage on anything single target
    -Try to be at full rage in between pulls by not doing anything, other that autoattack, before shit dies
    Warrior tanking is very different now. The only abilities that expend rage are Heroic Strike, Cleave, Shield Block, and Shield Barrier. Shield Slam, Revenge, and Devastate do not consume rage. Actually, Shield Slam and Revenge are your rage gainers, they give you rage. Rage does not really have much to do with AOE tanking, Thunderclap and Shockwave do not consume rage.

---------- Post added 2012-10-04 at 12:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    While I agree that the guys you ran with were jerks, I have really never understood why people play MMOs to ONLY PvP. Shouldn't you be playing an FPS or something for pure PvP?
    I wouldn't point out MMOs as a whole. Guild Wars 2, for example, is mostly focused on PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by LuminousAether View Post
    I've leveled every tanking class to the level cap except monk, which is well on the way. I've tanked Ramparts as a level 58 MANY times. I've chain pulled and destroyed the place with level 62 DPS MANY times. It is dead simple and it always has been. Hit is not that necessary at that level. Expertise is completely unnecessary and has nothing to do with AOE tanking. If you have no vengeance, then you're clearly not pulling fast enough, which explains why the dps was behaving the way they were (slow tanks are impossibly annoying and will cause strife in any group they join).
    I wanted to touch expertise: in example, paladin's hammer of the righteous can be dodged/parried and it is one of main AoE sources. I wrote on vengeance in previous post already.

But then again, as I wrote before, WoW turned into game for some kids with high adrenaline or for people with low IQ, who don't even know mechanics of the game. Understanding mechanics of the game is way too hard for them, which is also the reason why these mechanics are constantly being dumbed down.

OP just needs to find friends who would be interested in PvE content too. I don't say that all LFD pugs are bad, but all normal people try to avoid them, and with MoP LFD pugging is bad on all levels.
    Last edited by Ferocity; 2012-10-04 at 12:20 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    with MoP LFD pugging is bad on all levels.
    It already was in Cata, especially after the big battlegroup merge.

Thank you OP for providing Exhibit A for why I still level through quests and not dungeons. It may be a slower process but it's a lot more enjoyable because I dont have to deal with these kinds of people. I will only level through dungeons for 70-80.

Quote Originally Posted by Sills View Post
    I will only level through dungeons for 70-80.
    You must really like Utgarde Keep.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by BRO90X View Post
    As a warrior, you should be able to hold aggro in any aoe situation. Ive dungeon leveled my monk so far from 15-58 and only have had compliments.
    Next time just say "I didn't read your post".

Anyway OP, that sucks but it's not PVE, it's just people. I have similar experiences in PVP.

Deleted
    simple answer, Turn off party chat, Watch the healers mana, pull at your speed.
    Keep yourself in combat as much as possible and there is very little they can do about it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Areox View Post
    So I'm leveling my warrior through the outlands, and I hadnt tried tanking yet so I decided I would. 3rd dungeon in, I come across 3 people (from different servers) about 5 percent into the dungeon.

"pull lots bro"

Alright, I know what I can and cannot handle at 58 when the mobs are 61. I knew they were going to just AOE things down, fine by me. It was a monk, frost dk, and a mage. The thing is, they wouldnt even let me get aggro first. So we have mobs running all over while they spam their aoe's and what not. Then they proceed to call me bad and letting other insults fly, and all I responded with was, "they arent letting me get aggro"

"omg"
    "LOL"
    "Is he serious"
    "this tank is bad kick him"

AND THEN, the healer was complaining that I wasnt pulling enough. I think 2 packs of mobs with pats is sufficient enough. So I pull 4 packs. Wipe. EVEN MORE INSULTS.

Its like Im fighting a losing battle. I never PVE, I do very little "dungeoning" on my other toons, so is this how people are all the time?
    You're the tank. You dictate the rate at which the instance is pulled if you think you can only do 1 group at time do 1 at a time.

It's really annoying how some people want you to pull everything and just AoE it down.
    Was tanking Jade Temple for the first time on my Monk and some hunter kept telling me to "pull more". But i just kept my pace, in fact i didn't type anything. Just kept going.

In a WoTLK dungeon i had an Mage that wanted to pull more and went as far as pull more himself. I left him to die and kicked him.

You are the tank, your queue is instant, just kick those asshats.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Start as you mean to go on. Tell people, 'Hi - you tank it, you spank it'. Tell the healer that they can decide how many to pull when they take over the dungeon. If there is any fuss, leave.

I am, btw, 98% hunter DPS player - and I mean hunter not huntard - but I do tank on my DK on occasions and have rarely had any trouble with people. A group that was getting to hasty pulling I warned i would pull everyone and leave them to it, if the wanted to go faster, leave and wait for another group, but we'd be done before then. It worked, but I never say please, just say what I will do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    I wanted to touch expertise: in example, paladin's hammer of the righteous can be dodged/parried and it is one of main AoE sources. I wrote on vengeance in previous post already.
    We aren't talking about paladins, we are talking about warriors.
    Last edited by LuminousAether; 2012-10-04 at 02:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Oh, you're referring to BG's... Haven't called those PvP in years... Always called them "Kill everyone who is undgeared" which is about 99%.
    And the OP is referring to random, low-level dungeons.. I haven't called those PvE in years.

Don't write off ALL PvE based on LFG assholes.
    Raiding with a good set of friends is a hell of a lot of fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I'm leveling my warrior through the outlands, and I hadnt tried tanking yet so I decided I would. 3rd dungeon in, I come across 3 people (from different servers) about 5 percent into the dungeon.

"pull lots bro"

Alright, I know what I can and cannot handle at 58 when the mobs are 61. I knew they were going to just AOE things down, fine by me. It was a monk, frost dk, and a mage. The thing is, they wouldnt even let me get aggro first. So we have mobs running all over while they spam their aoe's and what not. Then they proceed to call me bad and letting other insults fly, and all I responded with was, "they arent letting me get aggro"

"omg"
    "LOL"
    "Is he serious"

AND THEN, the healer was complaining that I wasnt pulling enough. I think 2 packs of mobs with pats is sufficient enough. So I pull 4 packs. Wipe. EVEN MORE INSULTS.

Its like Im fighting a losing battle. I never PVE, I do very little "dungeoning" on my other toons, so is this how people are all the time?
    Honestly, at that level, be it RFC, Stocks, Slave Pens, Ramparts, even up through dungeons like Nexus, you really shouldn't stop moving. I've leveled so many characters in my time, as healer, tank, and DPS, that you can almost solo/duo all of them. As you're running (you should be strafing), use your AoE threat moves and continually spam things. It's really not that hard to hold onto 10+ mobs plus continually running through packs to pick up 3 or 4 more every 10 seconds.

We aren't talking about paladins, we are talking about warriors.
    You were talking about tanks globally. I gave you good example of ability of tank class I know. However I played all tank classes, some less, some more, and expertise greatly helps proper AoE tanking, which includes switching targets. But then again, if you don't know how mechanics work, and think that tank's AoE is all about sitting there and spamming AoE abilities on one mob, it's better be silent than showing yourself as bad player.
    Last edited by Ferocity; 2012-10-04 at 03:00 AM.

Deleted
    It's unrealistic and quite ridiculous to demand that every tank in levelling instances should be an expert at what he or she does. Yes, it's possible to chainpull if you know what you're doing. But if you don't know what you're doing, so what? That's what levelling instances are for - practice! I really wish Blizzard would throw in the odd ninjapull killer mob here and there as it seems many people in randoms are happy to treat newbie tanks like shit. And then wonder why the queue is so long.

"pull lots bro"

"omg"
    "LOL"
    "Is he serious"

What you described is normal. And it's why there is a shortage of tanks in the LFD queue, especially at higher levels. Honestly I tried leveling four different tanks. With everyone I saw the same bad attitudes and bad players. I finally gave up. I mean as DPS I can at least point out that I'm still beating them in the charts without pulling for the tank. And as a healer I can just let the tards die.

---------- Post added 2012-10-03 at 11:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by majinbebi View Post
    Honestly, at that level, be it RFC, Stocks, Slave Pens, Ramparts, even up through dungeons like Nexus, you really shouldn't stop moving. I've leveled so many characters in my time, as healer, tank, and DPS, that you can almost solo/duo all of them. As you're running (you should be strafing), use your AoE threat moves and continually spam things. It's really not that hard to hold onto 10+ mobs plus continually running through packs to pick up 3 or 4 more every 10 seconds.
    The inherent problem in this theory, which so many seem to love repeating, is that the tank HAS to get aggro first. If the tank takes a step, and the HEALER or DPS instantly start attacking...well at that point the tank is playing pick-up.

I'm sorry...easy or not, regardless of level, I always viewed dungeons as a place to practice and learn my class and rotation. Then again that may be why I actually know what I'm doing in heroics and raids when all the "plz pull moar" fools are at the arse-end of what ever role they picked.

Short version for all the Wrath-babies out there:

The tank knows his limitations, not you. If you want to tell the tank what to do, roll a tank or shut up.

No, leveling dungeons are impossibly easy. No more traumatic at all.
    You may want to look at the first post of the thread. Galbrei wasn't saying "the mechanics and DPS requirements are just too high." He was probably saying "the strangers you run the instances with are often unskilled, intentionally bad or just don't care about making it go by as fast as it should."
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."