Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Opening cinimatic music leak

    On the front page, the music list.

    Song of Luilang, is from the opening cinimatic, a panda is singing and shit.

    Enjoy.

  2. #2
    Just cuz a panda sings in it doesn't automatically make it the cinematic theme.

    ---------- Post added 2012-05-27 at 07:53 PM ----------

    Battle For Pandaria sounds much more like an opening cinematic theme to me.

  3. #3
    How did you come to that conclusion?

  4. #4
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Twitch & Youtube
    Posts
    18,188
    What if none of it is from the cinematic and the cinematic music is baked into the cinematic itself?
    Unsubscribed as of 03/10/2014.

    If you dislike where WoW is headed in your mind, quit. Really. Sitting around complaining about "promises" that may or may not have been made isn't doing anything to help your cause. It's just making you look more and more like the constantly complaining and perpetually offended.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulgrim View Post
    How did you come to that conclusion?
    "The instance" podcast

  6. #6
    Warchief Saluin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Darkspear Isle
    Posts
    2,177
    Do you have inside information or something or is this just speculation ?

  7. #7
    It had the soundfiles of the panda singing and everything

  8. #8
    Warchief Saluin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Darkspear Isle
    Posts
    2,177
    Quote Originally Posted by wow1912 View Post
    Battle For Pandaria sounds much more like an opening cinematic theme to me.
    That is my second favourite, my favourite is Serpent Riders Hero

  9. #9
    I actually suspect that the part where it sounds like someone is singing it is not a human voice, there is something odd about it. It actually sound quite a lot like a Theramin tbh.

    But it could also be because it is mixed in with the Violin.
    Synit 90 - Orc Elemental Shaman [Active]

  10. #10
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Twitch & Youtube
    Posts
    18,188
    Quote Originally Posted by doranians View Post
    "The instance" podcast
    Okay, so a fan-made podcast.

    Let's just go back to calling Swifty a prophet....
    Unsubscribed as of 03/10/2014.

    If you dislike where WoW is headed in your mind, quit. Really. Sitting around complaining about "promises" that may or may not have been made isn't doing anything to help your cause. It's just making you look more and more like the constantly complaining and perpetually offended.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by wow1912 View Post
    Battle For Pandaria sounds much more like an opening cinematic theme to me.
    Indeed either that or Pandaria A Hero.
    Synit 90 - Orc Elemental Shaman [Active]

  12. #12
    Hmm it does have the cinematic quality. Slow start showing off enviroment, then it picks up prob showing action(hopefully gnomes fighting something),then it slows back down to show more enviroment then logo.

  13. #13
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Twitch & Youtube
    Posts
    18,188
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarglord View Post
    Hmm it does have the cinematic quality. Slow start showing off enviroment, then it picks up prob showing action(hopefully gnomes fighting something),then it slows back down to show more enviroment then logo.
    Yeah but it's too short. Even shorter than the Cata opening.
    Unsubscribed as of 03/10/2014.

    If you dislike where WoW is headed in your mind, quit. Really. Sitting around complaining about "promises" that may or may not have been made isn't doing anything to help your cause. It's just making you look more and more like the constantly complaining and perpetually offended.

  14. #14
    Fluffy Kitten Rivin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Posts
    13,086
    The Cataclysm cinematic music wasn't in the game files, since it was part of the video file. The music wasn't available until the soundtrack was released. I don't see any reason for this to be different.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Okay, so a fan-made podcast.

    Let's just go back to calling Swifty a prophet....
    They said that the sound file was given to them from blizzard, and they could only share like 3 seconds of it, THAT music item, went with the singing panda.

  16. #16
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Twitch & Youtube
    Posts
    18,188
    Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    The Cataclysm cinematic music wasn't in the game files, since it was part of the video file. The music wasn't available until the soundtrack was released. I don't see any reason for this to be different.
    And there we go. It won't be on the front page until the cinematic is on the front page.
    Unsubscribed as of 03/10/2014.

    If you dislike where WoW is headed in your mind, quit. Really. Sitting around complaining about "promises" that may or may not have been made isn't doing anything to help your cause. It's just making you look more and more like the constantly complaining and perpetually offended.

  17. #17
    Scarab Lord MasterOfKnees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    4,531
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    What if none of it is from the cinematic and the cinematic music is baked into the cinematic itself?
    Blizzard tends to take the music out to use it other places in the game. The Burning Crusade's plays at the peak of Black Temple. Wrath of the Lich King's plays in either Icecrown or Storm Peaks, can't quite remember. Cataclysm's plays in the final confrontation against Deathwing. All of them are slightly edited versions of the songs though, but they're easily recognizable (they're mostly edited so that they fit, they aren't too long). They'll only put it in the game files when they need it though (for example, Cataclysm's made it into the game files by patch 4.3). Shouldn't wonder me if they had seperated it already though, for a zone or a boss encounter, but they might just wait for another patch to use it.

    If they haven't done so this time around though, we won't find it in the game files. The exact track is always carved into the video, it has been with every cinematic thus far, even in Diablo III, and it'll most definately keep on being like that.

    I don't think that the name Song of Liulang fits quite for an expansion theme though, it has to be something iconic, like Arthas, My Son and Xarxas (which means Deathwing in Night Elven language). Battle for Pandaria's name strikes me much more, it's also pretty much made for a Blizzard cinematic, and it's even a shortened version like the other main themes are in the game files. Then again, Song of Liulang is so big, it would definately work for a cinematic too. We'll just have to wait and see if it's even any of them.
    Last edited by MasterOfKnees; 2012-05-27 at 08:55 PM.

  18. #18
    I'd like to note that usually the Cinematic music is made with a real(?) orchestra, and doesn't sound as.. well, you know, computer-generated as a lot of the other WoW in-game music sounds. Not that the computer-produced is -bad-, it's just that you can usually tell. =)

  19. #19
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Twitch & Youtube
    Posts
    18,188
    Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    Blizzard tends to take the music out to use it other places in the game. The Burning Crusade's plays at the peak of Black Temple. Wrath of the Lich King's plays in either Icecrown or Storm Peaks, can't quite remember. Cataclysm's plays in the final confrontation against Deathwing. All of them are slightly edited versions of the songs though, but they're easily recognizable (they're mostly edited so that they fit, they aren't too long). They'll only put it in the game files when they need it though (for example, Cataclysm's made it into the game files by patch 4.3). Shouldn't wonder me if they had seperated it already though, for a zone or a boss encounter, but they might just wait for another patch to use it.
    It seems they tend to reuse the cinematic theme for the final boss. Which means we probably won't see it until patch 5.6 (5.3 or 5.4 in a "normal" scale. 5.6 is when I say it'll be)

    ---------- Post added 2012-05-27 at 04:02 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Cammancy View Post
    I'd like to note that usually the Cinematic music is made with a real(?) orchestra, and doesn't sound as.. well, you know, computer-generated as a lot of the other WoW in-game music sounds. Not that the computer-produced is -bad-, it's just that you can usually tell. =)
    Well since late-BC blizz has used real orchestras more often. And I believe in Cata went all-live.
    Unsubscribed as of 03/10/2014.

    If you dislike where WoW is headed in your mind, quit. Really. Sitting around complaining about "promises" that may or may not have been made isn't doing anything to help your cause. It's just making you look more and more like the constantly complaining and perpetually offended.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    It seems they tend to reuse the cinematic theme for the final boss. Which means we probably won't see it until patch 5.6 (5.3 or 5.4 in a "normal" scale. 5.6 is when I say it'll be).
    What? Xaxas (name of the Cataclysm's cinematic theme) was out way before patch 4.3.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •