Thread: Fury and Arms

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Fury and Arms

I haven't played for 3 months since clearing heroic dragon soul and got bored. But today i decided to get into MoP and my question is currently raiding wise. Is Fury viable again compared to patch 4.3 where Arms pulled better numbers than Fury? Or is Arms still ahead of fury for raiding?

Ty

Quote Originally Posted by Sephrius View Post
    I haven't played for 3 months since clearing heroic dragon soul and got bored. But today i decided to get into MoP and my question is currently raiding wise. Is Fury viable again compared to patch 4.3 where Arms pulled better numbers than Fury? Or is Arms still ahead of fury for raiding?

Ty
    It seems like Fury is higher then Arms at the moment depending on your gear.
    For Heroic T14 SMF (Single Minded Fury) is the top spec to go, followed by TG (Titan's Grip) Fury and then last but not least Arms spec.
    Now this is not correct for all fights the above is proven by looking at Simcraft PATCHWERK fight. (Just go to Simcraft(dot)org and look at T14Heroic Patchwerk fight)

For example Mogu'Shan Vaults Stone Guard fight, you could argue that you could get more Damage and Dps with Arms spec by using the cleave ability and by keeping Sweeping Strikes active, then using Fury with WW and that proc (Drawing a blank).

Deleted
    SMF > Arms > TG

Quote Originally Posted by Tritanik View Post
    It seems like Fury is higher then Arms at the moment depending on your gear.
    For Heroic T14 SMF (Single Minded Fury) is the top spec to go, followed by TG (Titan's Grip) Fury and then last but not least Arms spec.
    Now this is not correct for all fights the above is proven by looking at Simcraft PATCHWERK fight. (Just go to Simcraft(dot)org and look at T14Heroic Patchwerk fight)

For example Mogu'Shan Vaults Stone Guard fight, you could argue that you could get more Damage and Dps with Arms spec by using the cleave ability and by keeping Sweeping Strikes active, then using Fury with WW and that proc (Drawing a blank).
    Meat Cleaver is what you are looking for. And with glyph of Raging Wind and Meat Cleaver, I'm sure fury can hold its own on a cleave fight. But yes, sweeping strikes is very strong and any fight that can see high up-time out of it might be a fight worth going arms for.

Quote Originally Posted by Redlikemyrage View Post
    Meat Cleaver is what you are looking for. And with glyph of Raging Wind and Meat Cleaver, I'm sure fury can hold its own on a cleave fight. But yes, sweeping strikes is very strong and any fight that can see high up-time out of it might be a fight worth going arms for.
    Thanks for this, also thanks for agreeing with me

Played Arms for Vaults. Did just fine. So arms is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by scadouche View Post
    What is just fine? Care to explain? Are you around top 10 (25man) top 5 (10man)? Want to link some logs?

id say fury> arms but fury seems more inconsistent atm, 1h fury seems to be pretty amazing when you get decent enrage uptime, but personally I played arms for our first raids and it seemed very decent, however execute phase is still such a huge portion of our dmg it feels like furys going to trump it on jsut about every fight other than stone guard in moshugun. DPS wise i was at 66k on feng, 68.2k on garaj, 59k on spirit kings, 125k on elegon and i tanked stone guards This was all 25m

Deleted
    What is just fine? Care to explain? Are you around top 10 (25man) top 5 (10man)? Want to link some logs?
    Being in the top 5 in a 10man raid means you can be the last, since there is usually 5 or 6 DPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is just fine? Care to explain? top 5 (10man)?
    If he was losing to the tank or healer then I am sure he wouldn't be saying they are fine.

For all of cata neither spec was superior to the other (unless aoe was involved), the same is still true.

atm I'd say 1h fury simply due to it not feeling as reliant on crit as 2h for dmg, and also many fights in vaults have massive raid dmg taken during execute phase which allows you to switch to Serker stance and spam execute, pretty much carries the entire spec atm

Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    Being in the top 5 in a 10man raid means you can be the last, since there is usually 5 or 6 DPS.
    You know what I meant Top 5 could be from 1-5.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-lens1cqqsj7usubo/

Elegon and Emperor. (10 man)

For Elegon Fury should be more overall damage but, Arms is still competitive and is stronger for orb burning due to CS resetting.
    Last edited by scadouche; 2012-10-06 at 08:00 PM.

In the dungeons I have been doing (played arms since MoP got released) I have ALWAYS been first or second in terms of DPS and Damage. Only Time I have been beat is when I just levelled to 90 and was in a group with a warlock that DESPERATELY out geared me.

As far as I am aware at the moment isn't it 1, 2 or 3 Targets = arms best. 4 or more targets = Fury? until gear gets better and the rotational gaps begin to go then fury will become better?

Random fact. Personal opinion. Baseless fact stating based on baseless opinion.

if you lurk on World of Logs, you will find out that they both push out almost the same DPS, they are both viable. Arms is more "friendly" btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Skygoneblue View Post
    Random fact. Personal opinion. Baseless fact stating based on baseless opinion.
    I did not state anything was better. The statement about Arms being fine is true. So your statement is useless.

I did not state anything was better. The statement about Arms being fine is true. So your statement is useless.
    He didn't state that you stated anything was better, either. He stated that you came to the conclusion arms is 100% fine, from a personal experience, and claimed it was fact, without any real evidence.

I don't disagree arms is fine, I think you just didn't really understand his post.

Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    He didn't state that you stated anything was better, either. He stated that you came to the conclusion arms is 100% fine, from a personal experience, and claimed it was fact, without any real evidence.

I don't disagree arms is fine, I think you just didn't really understand his post.
    Read a few posts above my recent post and his post. Evidence is in the logs. Which is a failure on you and him to read the thread. I'm done.