Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The new JP/VP system is broken

Don't get me wrong, mop is a pretty good xpac but a few things really really REALLY piss me off.

1.) The re-use of cata skins (OUT OF ALL THE SKINS, WHY CATA, DO YOU WANT OUT CHARACTERS TO LOOK STUPID?)

And 2, being the one i'm ganna be talking about.

Not only us JP useless, the entire "dailies for life" thing is useless. Mostly because, you get vp EXTREMLY slowly now, you need 3 weeks for a single vp item over 2k vp, oh, and did i forget it takes a good 40 days to get exalted for an item worse than both the mantid raids? lolwat?

But let me adress another issue, jp, which you can get at a medium pace, is still useless, cause you NEED to grind dailies every day to get honored to get any sort of item, but don't worry, you STILL can't go to lfr, you either need to do the ACTUAL raid for loot, OR, buy a boe for 30k+

getting into heroics isn't the problem, the problem is that every single peice of loot that doesn't require grinding, requires RNG, which unless you are extremely lucky, still results in grinding.

TBH, i don't mind the dailies, but can the players get some, oh i don't know, 363+ items that we can buy with just jp or vp so we can get into lfr and then get into the actual raid?

It hurts my soul to watch my golden lotus rep bar go up 2k each day knowing that by the time i hit revered, in 3 weeks i still probs won't have enough vp for a chest or shoulders because that aswell requires 15 heroics, or a countless amount of scenarios/dailies to complete.

Am i missing something here? please help.

10+ Year Old Account
    You did miss something. The rep requirement for all of the JP items was hotfixed out.

I don't understand, I'm already more than halfway to how much it would cost for a VP Chest
    How can you not manage to earn enough after a whole month?

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I don't understand, I'm already more than halfway to how much it would cost for a VP Chest
    How can you not manage to earn enough after a whole month?
    ^^ I was capped last week and will be capped this week from dailies and heroics alone. VP rewards are raid level rewards and are supposed to reward/supplement raiders, Much like JP rewards are supposed to supplement those running heroics. If you aren't raiding (LFR or normal/heroics) then don't expect to get a lot of VP quickly or a lot of raid level gear quickly. Bliz have stopped giving out loot to anyone and everyone now and the main emphasis is on actually running the content to get the rewards with both JP and VP simply there to help give a boost or fill in unlucky drops here and there.

The rep requirement for JP gear has also been removed and you can still convert it to honor as well as bumping the ilevel of JP gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where were cata models reused other than in the first few quests in JF?

Oh and pet peeve: Models are not skins. Skins are the textures on the models.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by bigmethod View Post

Am i missing something here? please help.

Blizz removed rep requirement yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post

Oh and pet peeve: Models are not skins. Skins are the textures on the models.
    Many of the BoE level 90 epics is cataclysm skins.
    Synit 110 - Orc Elemental Shaman [Active]

Quote Originally Posted by Synithin View Post
    Many of the BoE level 90 epics is cataclysm skins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Synithin View Post
    BoE level 90 epics
    Exactly where am I supposed to begin caring?

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    You did miss something. The rep requirement for all of the JP items was hotfixed out.
    The rep requirement wasn't and isn't the issue. I had honored with Klaxxi before I hit 90.
    The issue is that the gear itself is worthless. I had 440 the second I dinged 90. If you are a little short you can run the Arena of Annihilation scenario for the guaranteed 450 weapon. Also you will easily clear those heroics without anyone having any Justice gear what so ever. You don't need justice gear at all to get into heroics. The thing is, you need 463 to get into LFR. That means that you must have 463 gear in every slot to do LFR. In other words you can't really use justice gear for LFR unless you are compensating with epic gear. So long story short is that justice does not serve any purpose at all. Personally I convert mine to honor and get the PvP gear for mogging/occasional pvp, because it is better than just letting it sit there.

Getting the valor doesn't take as long as it seems if you're running a few heroics a day and doing as many dailies as you can to get the rep requirements. One thing I haven't seen mentioned is, for those who are worried about capping valor before you get revered with klaxxi or golden lotus, you can buy a necklace from klaxxi, and rings from golden lotus at honored for 1250 valor, both are 489 ilvl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Those weren't even Cataclysm models, they were Wrath models.

It does seem like Blizzard forgot to replace some of the placeholder models with MoP ones though. (Paladin T14 gloves still use the T13 placeholder model, for instance.)

Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post
    The rep requirement wasn't and isn't the issue. I had honored with Klaxxi before I hit 90.
    The issue is that the gear itself is worthless. I had 440 the second I dinged 90. If you are a little short you can run the Arena of Annihilation scenario for the guaranteed 450 weapon. Also you will easily clear those heroics without anyone having any Justice gear what so ever. You don't need justice gear at all to get into heroics. The thing is, you need 463 to get into LFR. That means that you must have 463 gear in every slot to do LFR. In other words you can't really use justice gear for LFR unless you are compensating with epic gear. So long story short is that justice does not serve any purpose at all. Personally I convert mine to honor and get the PvP gear for mogging/occasional pvp, because it is better than just letting it sit there.
    If you don't need it then don't use it. It's there to fill in holes, not act as a replacement for drops. Someone unlucky with drops might find the 458s useful until they get a 463 drop or Valor item for that slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Moogie423 View Post
    Getting the valor doesn't take as long as it seems if you're running a few heroics a day and doing as many dailies as you can to get the rep requirements. One thing I haven't seen mentioned is, for those who are worried about capping valor before you get revered with klaxxi or golden lotus, you can buy a necklace from klaxxi, and rings from golden lotus at honored for 1250 valor, both are 489 ilvl.
    Yup the change to valor requirements was great. Valor is fine as is and actually serves a good purpose. Justice on the other hand is completely worthless.

Deleted
    Yeah I have no clue what JP gear is for. The 450 items don't get you into LFR, and if you're farming JP through heroics, then you don't need the 450 gear to get into heroics. It's kind of baffling really. Why would I spend a load of JP on 450 gear I don't need?

Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post
    Yup the change to valor requirements was great. Valor is fine as is and actually serves a good purpose. Justice on the other hand is completely worthless.
    That is true, but it's not much different from how justice was in the beginning of cata. Just like in cata, justice will become more useful when the next tier comes out, not that I agree with that way of doing it, but it's what is going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    Yeah I have no clue what JP gear is for. The 450 items don't get you into LFR, and if you're farming JP through heroics, then you don't need the 450 gear to get into heroics. It's kind of baffling really. Why would I spend a load of JP on 450 gear I don't need?
    Well it's 458 now, but yeah it's still useless. Check out the new PvP stuff or the old PvP stuff, if there is something you like for mogging convert to honor and get it.... seriously that is all it is good for.

Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    They're 458 now. A rather nice boost. Also, I've been farming heroics since last Wednesday, still haven't gotten a 463 neck, so I bought the JP one.

Quote Originally Posted by Moogie423 View Post
    That is true, but it's not much different from how justice was in the beginning of cata. Just like in cata, justice will become more useful when the next tier comes out, not that I agree with that way of doing it, but it's what is going to happen.
    Actually no it is completely different. In Cata heroics and JP were the same iLevel. This is the very heart of the issue. JP gear could fill in the gaps in Cata. And when first running normal raids in Cata the JP gear and Dungeon gear where equivalent for progression. You cannot use Justice in MoP to get into LFR or Normal, you need full gear obtained only from heroics dungeons or Valor gear. Also because dungeons in Cata were difficult every little bit helped, in MoP you don't need Justice gear at all to get into or clear heroics and you can't use it to get into to raids. 2 vastly different situations. Why do you think people are bailing so much in MoP? Why stay to the end if you don't get your drop? Justice is worthless.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's completely borked, this whole fucking thing is. Theirs a good thread on the official forums that discusses this. I mean the ILVL for lfr is 463, which basically means JP won't help you. You'll need every slot to be 463 from heroic gear, or get direbrew trinket (which will be gone in just a bit) or have normal lvl raid gear. It makes ZERO SENSE. The blue response we got was "we nerfed requirements for some of the valor gear" essentially go run dailies. Don't like it? Well this is the expansion where you get to play your way after all..

This game has turned into a bit to much of a cock block. I've been enjoying MoP so far but how any of this gets past beta...
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-10-04 at 03:03 AM.

Play the way you like!(as long as it is the way I tell you to play)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystile View Post
    They're 458 now. A rather nice boost. Also, I've been farming heroics since last Wednesday, still haven't gotten a 463 neck, so I bought the JP one.
    You can get a 450 neck rather cheaply from jewelcrafting. Why would anybody spend 1250 JP to get 8 extra itemlevels that still aren't going to get you into LFR? It makes no sense whatsoever.