How do Archimonde's Vengeance and Unending Resolve work together?

I would like to use Archimonde's Vengeance on Feng the Accursed during an Epicenter that we don't have the tank bubble for. The question is, does using Unending Resolve with Archimonde's Vengeance reduce the amount of damage reflected back on the boss? What about other damage mitigation abilities form the healers?

Deleted
    Archimonde's Vengeance reflects 25% of the damage you take, after all mitigation effects. So indeed using UR will reduce the reflected damage by 40%.
    Damage absorbed through shields won't be reflected either.
    (On an unrelated note AV's damage is affected by Demo mastery, so if you're demo it'd be a bit more than 25% reflected - and way more during Meta).
    Last edited by mmoc79b51183ff; 2012-10-04 at 01:10 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would like to ask fellow warlock have anyone tried to reflect the damage of Annihilate during the Spirit Kings Fight? It should reflect 25% from 1,5kk dmg. Prebuff this equals to 375k and after if mastery should affect it. However. During last night's kill AV only reflected 122k of damage (no damage reduction CDs used). So I wonder is it a bug of some sort or it somehow shitte reflects the damage of aoe attacks?
    Have anyone else tried this out and got any significant results from it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daggot Ur View Post
    I would like to ask fellow warlock have anyone tried to reflect the damage of Annihilate during the Spirit Kings Fight? It should reflect 25% from 1,5kk dmg. Prebuff this equals to 375k and after if mastery should affect it. However. During last night's kill AV only reflected 122k of damage (no damage reduction CDs used). So I wonder is it a bug of some sort or it somehow shitte reflects the damage of aoe attacks?
    Have anyone else tried this out and got any significant results from it?
    Wait a minute, you're taking the full 1.5 million damage hit all by yourself? Why would you even do that?
    Anyway you're only reflecting the damage you suffered, not any overkill dmg. 122k is 25% of 488k, I guess that's how many hp you had, isn't it?

Edit: (Or unless I'm mistaken, but Annihilate's damage is split between all players, AV won't reflect the 1.5M dmg, only what you've been hit for)
    Last edited by mmoc79b51183ff; 2012-10-12 at 03:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The AV damage is capped at your maxHP anyways.
    In most cases, it's not worth it trying to maximize AV. Not in the 25% version at least. Use it if you take lots of unavoidable damage (example: Feng>arcane AoE or while activating tiles on Stone Guards) and don't change your behaviour.

Actually, UR factors out of Archimonde's Vengeance. Other damage reduction mechanics do not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
    Actually, UR factors out of Archimonde's Vengeance. Other damage reduction mechanics do not.
    Then it's bugged, because currently using UR (thus reducing your dmg taken by 40%) will reduce the damage from AV by 40%.

Hmm... one of the balance guys was mucking around in the spell. I'll look into it.

---------- Post added 2012-10-12 at 11:37 AM ----------

Okay, it looks like the issue is that there's no way inside the game engine of determining "this is an AoE hitting everyone" vs "you're standing in a puddle of shit".

Consequentially, AV was reflecting shit on the ground, which is undesirable behaviour as it incentivises bad gameplay.

sadly av only reflects what hits you directly (schield,reduce, absorb, dafuq) is not included
    so all that i left is the little pieces that your holy pala and diszi priest forgott to completly block off

and from that 25% so it's mostly around 0.2-1.5% dmg buff
    with absorb it would be around 3% or more i guess

@xel - how about adding all absorb effects and doing it like the vengance design, 5% of whatever probably hit you etc and removing all mechanics you "could" avoid (stone guards the purple blubs, the frosty block) and leave the mechanics that you can't avoid (debuff from klicking the pillar on hardmode, chains, green spit thing)

(and yeah i know i'm horrible with spellnames but all i learned since classic is .. if there is shit .. move out and don't ask why just fucking do)
    Last edited by darkminaz; 2012-10-12 at 07:10 PM.