Combat rotation?

Just curious if it is worth it to use Rupture now. I see it does less damage than Eviscerate and doesn't help with energy or increase damage like SG. Rotation seems like it would still be RS>SSX4>Evis and repeat right?
    "Knock the world right off it's feet, and straight onto it's head."

http://http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/tichondrius/Elargee/simple

Rupture if you will get full ticks, otherwise eviserate.

If cleaving, eviserate only.

Its not a huge dps loss/gain either way, if you cant manage the timer, just eviserate and make your rotation easier.

Tldr L
    RV up
    SND up
    Rupture (if will finish)
    Eviserate

CDS on CD

Thats rotation till someone tells me better xd

---------- Post added 2012-10-04 at 01:23 AM ----------

also macro ar with shadow blades, collect loot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceJam View Post
    Just curious if it is worth it to use Rupture now. I see it does less damage than Eviscerate and doesn't help with energy or increase damage like SG. Rotation seems like it would still be RS>SSX4>Evis and repeat right?
    It doesn't do less damage than eviscerate. Rupture is unaffected by armor. For single targets, rupture > eviscerate/env (assuming rupture is down) for all specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugajak View Post
    It doesn't do less damage than eviscerate. Rupture is unaffected by armor. For single targets, rupture > eviscerate/env (assuming rupture is down) for all specs.
    have any math to support that? ive done some testing myself and the difference between using rupture and not is minimal. juggling rupture is almost not worth it.

then again. i only play combat for cleave fights.

Deleted
    Revealing Strike
    Get Slice n Dice up
    Sinister strike till your'e at medium insight
    Killing Spree
    Low energy, adrenaline rush and Shadow Blades (will then hit deep inisight)
    Rupture if it's single, evis when it's cleave, evis when rupture is up
    Always keep slice n dice up
    Always keep revealing strike up
    Use finishers/killing spree as deep into insight as possible, so 9/10 combo points with anticipation

Rinse, repeat

Awfully dull.

I'm not sure if ambush or garrote is better with shadow focus
    Last edited by mmoc40e5a9c261; 2012-10-06 at 10:08 AM.

This was sort of addressed on Elitist Jerks recently:

http://elitistjerks.com/f78/t130893-...2/#post2203030
    Last edited by rayanne; 2012-10-05 at 09:56 PM.

Restless Blades affects them both. They always come off cooldown at the same time for me.

Quote Originally Posted by rayanne View Post
    This was sort of addressed on Elitist Jerks recently:

http://elitistjerks.com/f78/t130893-...2/#post2203030

ETA: I would like to caution people who are macro'ing SB to AR. Their CDs are the same but AR will almost always be available before SB due to Restless Blades. So if you want to always use them together at least have the CD of SB be the one that's shown and not of AR, or you're going to hit and not realize SB isn't up. Also applies to any on-use trinkets with similar cooldowns.

MACRO ERROR--my bad

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DScythe View Post
    Revealing Strike
    Get Slice n Dice up
    Sinister strike till your'e at medium insight
    Low energy, adrenaline rush and Shadow Blades (will then hit deep inisight)
    Rupture if it's single, evis when it's cleave, evis when rupture is up
    Always keep slice n dice up
    Always keep revealing strike up
    Use finishers/killing spree as deep into insight as possible, so 9/10 combo points with anticipation

Rinse, repeat

Awfully dull.

I'm not sure if ambush or garrote is better with shadow focus
    Do you ADR / Shadow Blades before Killing Spree?! Rogues i've spoken to say to just use KS asap then AR/SB and then Killing Spree is back extremely fast.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutix View Post
    Do you ADR / Shadow Blades before Killing Spree?! Rogues i've spoken to say to just use KS asap then AR/SB and then Killing Spree is back extremely fast.

Thats the best thing to do imo.

How i start the fights is this : step>ambush>1 sinister>KS>AdR+SB>RvS>SnD
    I always keep RvS up and when i have no CDs i always pool before RvS and even taking advantage of anticipation.
    Pooling is a great dps increase.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nfeel View Post

I always keep RvS up and when i have no CDs i always pool before RvS and even taking advantage of anticipation.
    You compared this to the normal: RvS SS KS opener?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutix View Post
    Whoops, no I don't, just left it out by accident.

Never use it until you have to use a damage finisher, using it as soon as possible is a dps lose

---------- Post added 2012-10-06 at 11:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nfeel View Post

If pooling is a dps increase and you realise this, why are you using killing spree before a better insight? and adrenaline rush/shadow blades for that matter.

There is no logical point of using your cooldowns until you have to use a damage finisher, slice and dice doesn't reduce cooldowns.
    Last edited by mmoc40e5a9c261; 2012-10-06 at 10:13 AM.

Deleted
    RvS SS till 5CP, Killing Spree, Eviscerate, SS till 5CP, SnD, SB/ADR ... Sound reasonable?

10+ Year Old Account
    You shouldn't be leaving SnD down that long, otherwise you're on track. Only use RvS before SS uses or offensive finishers (I don't know why you'd apply it before SnD), and off napkin math, you'll probably NOT delay the first KS/AR to Deep insight because all of your proc abilities should be active before that. Ambush/SnD, RvS/SS-5CP, KS->AR/SB, SS to 4/5 ant, evis, and continue is what I've been running with.

Deleted
    Sounds good, on an off note - I only used RvS before SnD b/c there will be about 5 SS's before SnD goes up, anyways ill give your way a go

Ambush - RvS - SnD - SS till Shallow Insight - Kspree - SS till 5 cps - pop Adren / Shadow blades before evis or rupture, since it will take off of their cd's with Restless blades. Always keep SnD up, even if you put it up with 2-3 pts - Keep rupture up, unless boss will immune during it (IE Elegon).

Kspree should be used on cd regardless of Insight, unless 1 more SS will put you into a different insight.
    AR/SB used on CD together, after you've dumped energy.

/thread