Deleted

perfect green gem proc chance?

is it known?
    guess its cheaper to buy a stack of green gems, craft them and hope for a perfect rather than buying a perfect green or blue gem

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seems to be about 10% and on my server perfect gems are worth a lot less than normal rare gems so I would say go for perfect gems.

Deleted
    numbers anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by ReLaXeD View Post
    numbers anyone?
    Well, before you get too excited, it looks like they hotfix nerfed the perfect cuts. Just made some gems and the perfect cuts are now green quality and the stats were not as good as the blue-quality gems...

Edit: And did some more cuts and got a blue-quality perfect gem. So I don't know what to think!
    Edit2: On closer inspection, even though the cut was green, it was the correct stats (same as blue-quality). No clue why it is green-quality when all the others are blue, however.
    Last edited by jaimelannister; 2012-10-05 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jaimelannister View Post
    Well, before you get too excited, it looks like they hotfix nerfed the perfect cuts. Just made some gems and the perfect cuts are now green quality and the stats were not as good as the blue-quality gems...

Edit: And did some more cuts and got a blue-quality perfect gem. So I don't know what to think!
    I think you're on crack. I just cut a stack of Tiger Opals into Fine (parry + mastery) to test this and got 2x perfect cuts that were blue with the proper stat values.

This also seems to reinforce the 10% value that was stated earlier.

10% feels right from my overall gem cutting. Cutting 33 gems last night netted me 3 perfect cuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    I think you're on crack. I just cut a stack of Tiger Opals into Fine (parry + mastery) to test this and got 2x perfect cuts that were blue with the proper stat values.

This also seems to reinforce the 10% value that was stated earlier.
    I definitely just got a perfect cut that was green.

Screenshot?

Screenshot or it didn't happen. There's no data in any database to indicate these "green perfect" gems even exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    Screenshot?
    http://i.imgur.com/6OGLH.jpg

There you go! Same stats as a blue-quality, but for whatever reason it's green...

Strange, did it look that way before you socketed it? Perhaps there's a bug in the display of socketed gems. Anywho, it's not like it makes any difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    Strange, did it look that way before you socketed it? Perhaps there's a bug in the display of socketed gems. Anywho, it's not like it makes any difference.
    Looked just like that before I socketed. I have 2 of the, actually!

http://i.imgur.com/6OGLH.jpg

There you go! Same stats as a blue-quality, but for whatever reason it's green...
    Looks like a UI bug. The stats are the same as the blue-quality and not worse as you stated.

Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    Looks like a UI bug. The stats are the same as the blue-quality and not worse as you stated.
    I amended my statement above about them having worse stats. It's still very odd, however, that they showed up as green-quality gems...

10+ Year Old Account
    Id the droprate of perfects just get hotfixed?

I just cut 41 and got 1 perfect out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    I just cut 41 and got 1 perfect out of it.
    I don't know what the proc chance is, but if it was 10%, then you would have about a 1.5% chance of seeing 40 non-procs in a row.

Naw. I cut 20 of the purple ones while leveling jewelcrafting to 600 today, got 1.

I cut 20 green. Got 6.

It's completely luck based.

Totally agree with whats being said with being luck - I cut two stacks of gems hoping and praying - only got 3 perfect gems