Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Now if swtor could add a legacy codex... MMM.
    And make it matter at all. That's my biggest gripe with achievements. It's one thing to have achievements for a console, where you can experience a variety of games to keep racking up that score. But contained within one game, it needs to have a purpose other than nothing and titles.

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    This bothers me.

Why don't people play more than one character?

I get that the planet quests can get tedious after the 5th character or so but just 1 character?

People talk about swtor lacking "replayability" but the fact is when I think back to the countless hours I poured into games like BG1/2, IWD1/2, D1/2, ME1/2, WoW, Swtor, and (now that I got gw2 for free. I told you I would.) GW2... I never beat the game just once. I never just picked one class and was like "I AM GOING TO LIMIT MY EXPERIENCE OF THIS GAME THAT I PAID MONEY FOR AND ONLY PLAY ONE ASPECT!!! YEAH!!!". That just seems insane to me.

Its like the people who refuse to play alliance or horde on principles they can't explain. Way to pay for half a game. And I do mean they can't explain them. Once I pressed a friend on it and he was literally like, "Well, the horde is just so much more like... I don't know. Just look at them. Its like... metal and shit. The alliance is all like elves. I mean, yeah we got them too but these are like drug addicts which is way cooler." I decided to never bring the topic up again after that.

I really hope that the industry continues to focus on accounts rather than characters and continue to promote experiencing the whole game.

PS: Love rifts account wide achievement system. Love gw2s account wide achievement system. Now if swtor could add a legacy codex... MMM.
    So basically what you're saying is why can't everyone be like you? Why the hell do you care how other people decide to play games? God forbid I don't play both alliance and horde like you.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyderpp View Post
    So basically what you're saying is why can't everyone be like you?
    Exactly.

If everyone were like me they would be so much better off.

I should start a political movement to make the world more like me. Then, take over my countries military and sweep across Europe!

I would call it something catchy...

Lightning something... Or blitz... I'll figure it out when the time comes.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    Got any - you know - facts to back that up? My anecdotal evidence is vastly different.
    http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/1...8.00428.x/full

There you go, article called "Who plays, how much and why?" Guess your anecdotal "evidence" is wrong.
    Last edited by johnnyderpp; 2012-10-12 at 05:41 PM. Reason: Spelling

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    Got any - you know - facts to back that up? My anecdotal evidence is vastly different.
    The fact that the game started bleeding subs immediately after the initial month to the point where multiple servers had to merge into one. Anecdotally, every single person I played with on Lord Adraas quit because they got bored at 50. I had a blast in PvP, so I stuck around. Based on blogs, discussion with players still subbed, and a vast multitude of "I quit" threads, the resounding issue is that the average player does not consider rolling alts to be meaningful "end game" content.

For the people which don't play alts... SWTOR is a game where it's actually worth it and through legacy you "ease" through the game much faster especially if you only want to play the story and none of the planetary stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    The fact that the game started bleeding subs immediately after the initial month to the point where multiple servers had to merge into one. Anecdotally, every single person I played with on Lord Adraas quit because they got bored at 50. I had a blast in PvP, so I stuck around. Based on blogs, discussion with players still subbed, and a vast multitude of "I quit" threads, the resounding issue is that the average player does not consider rolling alts to be meaningful "end game" content.
    This. And unlike WoW, you are railroaded into the same quests on the same planets every time. Doubles the burnout rate.

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    This. And unlike WoW, you are railroaded into the same quests on the same planets every time. Doubles the burnout rate.
    Heh, as if theme park MMO's nowadays don't offer overwhelmingly linear gameplay. That's sarcasm, because they pretty much all do.

Deleted
    somehow sad and amazing how that game splits the people, may it be the gamers or even the designers. there was a lot said in this topic and after reading just everything i gotta say nearly everyone made good points, even i would agree with em or not.

i don't know much about Bioware nor it's games, but i do know that their reputation was great and their name alone on some product was somehow guarantee for a really good game. so im pretty much up to just jump on the "blame EA" train.

i think swtor was really a great game, could have easily been fantastic but got released to soon, may be cause of that Christmas sale madness, and for someone without deeper knowledge of those companies it's easy for me to just point my finger at EA. i won't believe that any game designer with heart would ever release a half baked game to millions of fans who got hyped since months, without a gun in his back. only thing i can imagine would be that Bioware was relying too much on their immense storyline wich would give em enough time to fix anything that matters before the majority of subscribers hit 50, discover all things the game is lacking and run mad. who knows im pretty simple minded, sorry.

for me the game appeared really more like a single player rpg than anything else, wich might wasn't as bad as it seems since swtor would hook up a whole lot of that KOTOR fanbase though, who might don't care about the mmo party anyways. so for me it was even a clever choice to merge the great storyline of an rpg and the mmo part for longlivety. that even took alot of the leveling and progression pressure out of the game (atleast for me), for what was really thankful though, even thats some selfmade problem and i can't blame anyone else but me for rushing through a game for whatever reason. (sad that i barely come to just enjoy a game nowadays). that beeing said, Bioware might not calculate with that actual type of gamer, just clicking away lots of the story and cutscenes and conversations and stuff and just hitting 50 in about a week, having nothing to do except picking on everything the game is lacking atm. my gf told me that swtor was Biowares first mmo, so it might really be that they were just lacking the experience in terms of the mmo part, wich was unfortunatly way more important to the players than Bioware did or could imagine.

ah well, i ragequit before or after (dont remember) the first big patch with legacy system, never played again. but in that short time i got a whole bunch of really nice memories playing that game and i feel a bit sorry beeing part of that quick downfall during those important first month's. never imagined how things would turn out.

Nvm the actual consumers who are about as thankful and supportive as your local junkies.
    ^ sad but true :x

anyways in the end it's pretty much the money that runs everything to ruin, in this or another way.