Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Windwool Cloth droprate nerf

This has most definitely happened and it's just as bad as Embersilk Cloth was in Cata now, possibly worse.

Used to get 2-3 stacks from doing GL + Klaxxi dailies and now I'm struggling to get even enough to make the 8 Windwool bandages needed for the Cloud Serpent daily.

While I agree that it was a little out of control (I got 2 tailors to 600 off of it and a bag full of enchant mats) this was a step too far in the opposite direction IMO. At least it'll give me incentive to level my tailor alts for the profession bonus to cloth.

Deleted
    Also noticed same thing, in jade forest got tailor to 597 chant to 600 very fast, moved to valley, even farming cloth droppers and clearing entire zone for achievement, ended up with enough cloth make three bolts.

10+ Year Old Account
    So glad I saved my cloth from leveling to 90, guess it's time to sell now. Screw bandages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Deleted
    shoul make the posters on the thread moaning about the high drop rate very very happy.

Deleted
    I had a run through the two Scarlet heroics that gave my tailor a total of just over 200 cloth. That was a few days ago. Today.... Less than 20.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, not happy with it.

I know it was dropping too much but this nerf was overboard. I'd like to be able to at least get enough cloth doing dailies to be able to make my 8 bandages.
    Putin khuliyo

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is the thing I don't get about Blizzard. When something is deemed to have an excessive drop rate they tend to go and over-nerf it. Why not aim for a balance?

Doubt Blizzard are going to do anything about it, I'm currently buying up all the cheap cloth in the AH to hoard as we speak.

The drop rate was ridiculous. Something needed to happen.

Hands up who is glad they saved their cloth anticipating there might be a nerf..

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank god! I have 3000 of the stuff, it littered my bag every single day, I got so fed up of seeing this stuff. Great news, I can be rich now!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelle View Post
    Hands up who is glad they saved their cloth anticipating there might be a nerf..
    *Raises hand* I have over 8000 cloth in the bank ;-)

Deleted
    Btw has the berf happend to ores and herbs as well?

Quote Originally Posted by 999tigger View Post
    Not from what I've seen. My buddy was just telling me he got 20 stacks of ghost iron in about 30 min. If the windwool has been nerfed I would say it's just a matter of time though.

Quote Originally Posted by 999tigger View Post
    I have said this would happen since a few hours into the expansion. I have a miner/herber, and sometimes, I had 9 or 10 yellow nodes on my minimap, and I would be very very surprised if that was intended. But the money has already been made, so its ok: Oh hello 1450g per 20 stacks of ghost iron ore x 29

Deleted
    It's going to take weeks if not months before prices will go back up, people have stockpiled so much.

Deleted
    Btw ofc it will happen to herbs and ores, its just when. Feekubf a bit pleased now I was buying quite a lot up from the ah.

Ore spawnrates are still crazy-go-nuts. I honestly hope Blizzard never nerfs them but I'm sure it's just a mattter of time.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    • The respawn rate of Ghost Iron Ore has been reduced to the correct value.
    • Windwool Cloth now drops less frequently from enemies.
    No word on herbs.

Deleted
    Good thing I got about a bag of Bolts saved up. They'll sell for a lot now.